Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chat Gone?

Default Re: Chat Room

Quote Originally Posted by davidt View Post
    Cost is $125 / year but people already voted with the minimal usage in the past year.
    But, but, but David, if you got rid of the chat then this will mean the end to good times as displayed in this thread. Is that what you want???!?! Is it really? Reeeeeaaaaally?

I think a poster 'Vivid Blue' said in another thread that people where much nicer before. I suspect that he wasn't talking about this bunch from 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Iona Mink View Post
    But, but, but David, if you got rid of the chat then this will mean the end to good times as displayed in this thread. Is that what you want???!?! Is it really? Reeeeeaaaaally?

I think a poster 'Vivid Blue' said in another thread that people where much nicer before. I suspect that he wasn't talking about this bunch from 2004.
    You and Spitfire must be old users who changed user names.

People come and go, I very much doubt the purpose of chatroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewpie View Post
    You and Spitfire must be old users who changed user names.

People come and go, I very much doubt the purpose of chatroom.
    I just followed a link at the bottom of this thread...

My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chat in the 2006/2007 era was creeptastic.

Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalGeezer View Post
    Chat in the 2006/2007 era was creeptastic.
    there was a time when chat was epic. It was like a play everyday, brilliant stories every night, love loss and lots of dross, mystery and double bluff, secrets and heart ache, characters, poets, dreamers, charlatans, heros, harlots and lovers, streams of consciousness that became river and seas. It saved me many times and inspired me alot. I spents hours in there, made some stange friendship, all gone now. I "reded" alot, even cydered once or twice, which was nice. Then the chat wars started and that was a truely epic battle where madness won the day, the trolls made themselves a home and settled in good and proper destroying the flow. It needed moderation of sorts which came in the end but i think by then it was far too late. But there was a time when the chat was easily the best thing about this place. shame its going/gone, i miss the glory days, its death is a sign of the times i am sad to say.
    Last edited by smiler; December 30, 2011 at 02:13 AM.

Default Re: Chat Gone?

I used to love the chat back in 1999 it was where I spent my youth so sad its gone : (

Default Re: Chat Gone?

Christ, the idea of being in a live chat situation with soneone like Vivahate, terrifies me.

spontaneously luminescent Oh my god, it's Robby!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Talking Re: Chat Room

Quote Originally Posted by smiler View Post
    there was a time when chat was epic. It was like a play everyday, brilliant stories every night, love loss and lots of dross, mystery and double bluff, secrets and heart ache, characters, poets, dreamers, charlatans, heros, harlots and lovers, streams of consciousness that became river and seas. It saved me many times and inspired me alot. I spents hours in there, made some stange friendship, all gone now. I "reded" alot, even cydered once or twice, which was nice. Then the chat wars started and that was a truely epic battle where madness won the day, the trolls made themselves a home and settled in good and proper destroying the flow. It needed moderation of sorts which came in the end but i think by then it was far too late. But there was a time when the chat was easily the best thing about this place. shame its going/gone, i miss the glory days, its death is a sign of the times i am sad to say.
    yes, in its own way, it was glorious, a good place to go when you were bored and high
    or if you just wanted to be virtually ignored by your ex-wife as much she did so in the real world
    but yeah, eventually you get clean & she starts going out with an old friend of yours(that you knew way b4 ever meeting her)
    and well, you move on
    so wtf would you need "chat" for?

A Solo chatroom still around today would have been very weird and I have always believed in things moving on and getting better. Those days are history and belong to the past and we shouldn't mourn it but instead celebrate what was mad and fun and something totally unique on the internet. I don't know how many people found love in that chatroom but I was one of them so in that sense it feels better that it is now gone and has been laid to rest.

Karen and Martin will of course be the standout couple that hooked up because of the chatroom and had kids as well. In my case the love ended as other things in life meant we had to go our separate ways. I think I speak for most old chatters that the chat was a great place to kill some time while doing other things online and it kept me away from watching a lot of tv instead so that was great.

I remember I started visiting the chatroom in 1998 and that it was quite hectic for a couple of years. If I remember rightly I visited the chat less often in 2002 when my mother passed away and then returned around 2003 when I visited the place in periods with a few breaks including a longer one. Between 2007 and 2009 I wasn't there at all and during the final year the chatroom existed I only made a few visits. I used to spend periods being in the chatroom for hours on end because of the fact that I was always online downloading music on Soulseek.

Thank you to the chatroom and the people that made it happen.
    Last edited by Urban the swede; January 31, 2012 at 12:25 AM.

Senior Member Librarian On Fire's Avatar

Didn't Little Miss Curious meet her partner in the chatroom? I think they ended up together. That was around 2001 - 2003?

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian On Fire View Post
    Didn't Little Miss Curious meet her partner in the chatroom? I think they ended up together. That was around 2001 - 2003?
    Very likely although that name does not ring a bell at the moment.

I spent every night in the chat for about 2-3 years, it was where I went online as soon as I logged on. Always hated TV so it was perfect just having the radio on and chatting. Met loads of chatters at the gigs and stayed with some of them many times. They all seemed to be genuine Moz followers. It was fun most of the time, there was a regular stream of resident chatters that would fill the place up and there was all sorts going on in private between the members, most of us were either in our 20's or 30's so it was quite a vibrant place. At it's peak, I'd say around 2002, it was brilliant. I remember the chat room was buzzing for the mini UK tour that Moz did in 2002, everyone was planning to meet before and after the gigs. The wheels fell off the place just after that for me, everything in there post 2003 was insigniicant and I struggle to recall anything or anybody after that. The best years had gone. But some pleasant memories. I could probably reel off the names of all the memorable regulars if I thought about it hard enough. Natalie was always like the Queen.
    Is your child hyperactive, or is he perhaps a twat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12