whats behind these" xx is on a distinguished road" at the userprofiles?

Re: Member rating thing

You do rate people's posts because you've put boooooooooooooooooo on my reputation points, which is exactly the same word you put on your reply in my Cocteau Twins thread.

I hope you get rid of the reputation points thing. I've still got people sending me horrible anonymous messages! It's getting pathetic. I want the damn thing gone.

I've got a 'boo' too Davie. It's from someone who clearly struggles with humour because every time I make a joke, this numpty decides to disapprove.

In truth, certain members of society should be put in a Hessian sack and thrown into a fast moving river at birth.

Can anyone tell me why lately the photos people post appear tiny like a thumbnail? Example, look at Lindsey's posts in the frink. Is it just me or are people not posting IMG tags anymore and doing something else? :confused:

I wasn't sure where to put this inquiry so I stuck it in another question thread.

Can anyone tell me why lately the photos people post appear tiny like a thumbnail? Example, look at Lindsey's posts in the frink. Is it just me or are people not posting IMG tags anymore and doing something else? :confused:

I wasn't sure where to put this inquiry so I stuck it in another question thread.

They're choosing to tell the forum code to access the file remotely in the post, so that what is shown is a thumbnail that, if clicked, retrieves a larger version of the actual image.

Whereas if they link directly to the original URL, it will embed and be presented here in its actual size.

For instance: Referenced locally as a thumbnail

bill+murray+you+suck.jpg

as opposed to a direct URL link

fat.jpg

7763746236_2abcafc10a.jpg

You do rate people's posts because you've put boooooooooooooooooo on my reputation points, which is exactly the same word you put on your reply in my Cocteau Twins thread.

I hope you get rid of the reputation points thing. I've still got people sending me horrible anonymous messages! It's getting pathetic. I want the damn thing gone.

I've got a 'boo' too Davie. It's from someone who clearly struggles with humour because every time I make a joke, this numpty decides to disapprove.

In truth, certain members of society should be put in a Hessian sack and thrown into a fast moving river at birth.

I DO NOT rate anyone's post.

Reputation comments are only visible for each user only.
Yeah, you can edit title of your post which is nothing to do with user reputation rating.
If you click the icon between blog and pencil which leads reputation rating.

Some other users have issues with you two, not me.

Apparently you can switch off this, but I'm still unable to do so.

I DO NOT rate anyone's post.

Reputation comments are only visible for each user only.
Yeah, you can edit title of your post which is nothing to do with user reputation rating.
If you click the icon between blog and pencil which leads reputation rating.

Some other users have issues with you two, not me.

Kewpie, for the record, I don't believe it is you and I don't think I said it was.

I do suspect, however, that there are small number of users who are abusing this option by only "disapproving" posts regardless of content. I think this could be overcome by at least seeing who points are coming from. Then again, I'm not running for school prefect so couldn't give a toss.

You can at least hide your reputation. There is an option to turn it off under General Setting in the My Account section.

please get some further information on this and let me know because I've had enough now.

You can at least hide your reputation. There is an option to turn it off under General Setting in the My Account section.

Yes, you can hide it. But they still rate you low and send horrible comments regardless.

please get some further information on this and let me know because I've had enough now.
Why do you care what people on a web forum think of you?

Yes, you can hide it. But they still rate you low and send horrible comments regardless.

Because it reflects on you as a person.

If you spend time writing messages each day, and some of them are horrible "Troll" types, really low and nasty,
you define yourself as a person who sits in front of a keyboard each day,
every day, whether it's for minutes or seconds, and takes an interest in these things.
Interested enough to reply. Logging on every single day. Day in, day out.
Always here. Always. Every day. Every day. Tomorrow included.

If you spend time writing messages each day, and some of them are horrible "Troll" types, really low and nasty,
every day, whether it's for minutes or seconds, and takes an interest in these things.

Seeya next Tuesday, Skylarker. :cool:

I'll be here tomorrow. I have no shame.

Yeah but that doesn't mean you should let something like negative rep comments make you feel lousy about yourself, which was the point I was making to Davie.

You can't "define yourself" by something like posting on a forum. Very little in life "defines" you because that's an ego signifier, and -Sartre and Watts talk about this a lot (or they did before they croaked)- the ego is an ephemeral concept, not a tangible hard and fixed reality.

Your actions are reality, but actions can be stopped and changed. Your self, such as it is, is in flux, constantly. You are not defined by anything but the very finite, transitory Now. Yesterday's Vietnam soldier may be today's homeless bum. Today's Sunday morning pulpit preacher may be indicted tomorrow for child molestation. A petty thief may spend some time in prison and come out hungering for a college education and a family and steady job. These are very black and white examples but I think you get my point.

The forum is a theoretical collective, not a literal one. Software allows for the illusion that we are actually having a conversation together, and in a sense we are but only when we tell our brains to see it that way; in reality we are all total strangers in totally different parts of the world adding arbitrary puzzle pieces to a whole at different times, independently of each other that will never really be intrinsically cohesive.

So yes I have an interest in posting here which is manifested when I sit down to type, but that doesn't mean that I define myself by my posts, or that I would let what anyone here says make me thing better or worse about myself as a whole. People can see and comment on posts, but at my rate of less than five average per day (according to my profile stats) I'd like to think there's a lot more in my life that defines me than what I post here.

I'm not Sylarker. Skylarker is technically part of me in as much as I participate here and use that word, "Skylarker," as my username which then becomes fixed in people's minds as "me," but I'm not Skylarker.

Just as long as it never gets to the point where he comes here and tries to kill me and a bunch of sparrows fly into the room to attack him, I think I am OK.

Settings - General Settings - Reputation Level: Hide reputation.

Don't want to see the comments? Don't look at them. Do you really have any reason to frequent your settings daily other than to see what is said about you in reputation?

You obviously didn't care when I said you had horrible taste concerning 'Batman'...why would you care because someone anonymously gives you negative reputation and leaves a comment?

I've been called a fag, called a racist, called fat, told to die, been threatened to be raped, had my personal information and pictures posted, had my family's personal information posted, had my real name created for a troll account, had my fiance harassed to the point of tears; Do you see me complaining about it constantly on here?

Quit your whining. You're almost 20 years old for Christ's sake and a male...act it.

Just as long as it never gets to the point where he comes here and tries to kill me and a bunch of sparrows fly into the room to attack him, I think I am OK.

:lbf:

I'd be more worried about James Mason picking me up and impaling me on mounted deer antlers.

You're almost 20 years old for Christ's sake and a male...act it.

Straight talking will get you nowhere in life, VivaHate. I maybe a male human being. But I sometimes can take insults to heart depending on what I feel, unlike you. End of.

I think what you have posted there is quite nasty to be honest. Reminds me of an army general...or worse, my mother. Not all men are tough skinheads, like you and Skylarker.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've been called a fag, called a racist, called fat, told to die, been threatened to be raped, had my personal information and pictures posted, had my family's personal information posted, had my real name created for a troll account, had my fiance harassed to the point of tears; Do you see me complaining about it constantly on here?

Welcome to Morrissey's world.

Straight talking will get you nowhere in life, VivaHate. I maybe a male human being. But I sometimes can take insults to heart depending on what I feel, unlike you. End of.

I think what you have posted there is quite nasty to be honest. Reminds me of an army general...or worse, my mother. Not all men are tough skinheads, like you and Skylarker.

If you think of your mother as the end all/be all pinnacle of emotional vacuity and aggression, even moreso than a military officer, then you truly have some issues, my boy.

Straight talking will get you nowhere in life, VivaHate.

Spoken like a true invertebrate.

I maybe a male human being. But I sometimes can take insults to heart depending on what I feel, unlike you. End of. I think what you have posted there is quite nasty to be honest. Reminds me of an army general...or worse, my mother. Not all men are tough skinheads, like you and Skylarker.

How very namby pamby. I'd like to meet the woman who completely emasculated you.

Funny how Skylarker and VivaHate all have positive reputations :p

Back
Top Bottom