Morrissey letter for sale on ebay

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.
I am not the seller, nor am I connected to the seller in any way.
I just found the listing this morning and thought some of you might be interested in reading it...
Written in 1986 apparently, just before the release of TQID.

Morrissey Letter.JPG

Fascinating find IR. Cheers :thumb:

'The Queen Is Dead' with Ms.Darling as cover star would have been quite a different artefact.

Interesting that even in summer of '86 he wants a Morrissey book to be written rather than a Smiths tome. And Lord Howard? Devoto, I presume?

And the seller friend? James Maker perhaps?

Very interesting...looks and sounds genuine I must say.

The owner must have been willing to sell his own personal correspondence for what $300 or less to the dealer ( you know their markup )

I bet Mr 'M' would be slightly disappointed that such a relic could be so easily pawned.

I hope it goes to a museum it's the only place to see'um you know.

Hi I.R.

I think you might have done the seller a favour by high-lighting it on this forum. Personally I only search the 'Music' section on ebay for stuff to buy.

Hi I.R.

I think you might have done the seller a favour by high-lighting it on this forum. Personally I only search the 'Music' section on ebay for stuff to buy.

Perhaps I did, but I just thought people here might be interested in reading the letter.
If the seller benefits from my post, then so be it.
Besides, if anybody here or elsewhere is willing to pay $650 for that, then they are in serious need of help.

And that's rather rich coming from me... :lbf:

It's a nice find - I wonder if the picture of Candy Darling was the same as the image eventually used for Sheila Take a Bow? Passions lists it as coming from the film 'Women In Revolt' with no clue as to what the "badly written 'camp' book' might have been.

Anyone know how to get in touch with Jo Slee?

Dave

Edit - having read the ebay listing, I presume that the 'camp' book was 'Men In Frocks' by Kris Kirk

Last edited:
Perhaps I did, but I just thought people here might be interested in reading the letter.
If the seller benefits from my post, then so be it.
Besides, if anybody here or elsewhere is willing to pay $650 for that, then they are in serious need of help.

And that's rather rich coming from me... :lbf:

Yeah, I agree, I would love to owe it (assuming it is genuine), But $650 is a lot of money. The wife would kill me for even thinking about buying it :p

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
"Please type, I can't quite unravel your handwriting". Says you, Moz!

Back
Top Bottom