Nina Hagen – Volksbeat (2011)

The Seeker of Good Songs

German music icon Nina Hagen, often called “The Mother Of Punk,” is gearing up for the release of her fourteenth studio album, Volksbeat. The album features production work from Peter Schmidt and Peter Hinterthür and marks her first all German album since the 80s.
Nina explains: “It’s [Volksbeat] an attempt to sing and shout for peace, for love & compassion, for freedom against war and injustice, embracing our ancestors, like Brecht, Martin Luther, Larry Norman. In the spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King and Jesus the Christ, who have gone before us, who have fought for the same ideals, as well as also embracing beloved artists like Biermann & Dyla, Mayfield and Burke, to never forget why we are here; we are born to love one another and take good care of each…

mp3 320 kbps | 107 MB | FSo | ES | WU | DF | FSe
…other. We are born to be free, born to serve humanity, so that one fine day, we all shall be free and live in peace and dignity. It’s about our love that never fails!
“The Bertolt Brecht texts are so strong, they are like children’s prayers for peace, It was amazing to be granted the freedom to write a new melody and beat for the Brecht Songs. It was a funtastik experience to bring strong American lyrics from Dylan, Burke, Mayfield, Norman into my mother-tongue: the German language united in spirit with all these inspiring artists, whom I love so dearly.”
While the album is a return to rock, Nina insists Volksbeat is not a step backward, but a step forward. “I am moving forward, spreading the everlasting message of love divine, singing for peace and standing up for Truth!”

from: http://exystence.net/blog/2011/11/12/nina-hagen-volksbeat-2011/

Back
Top Bottom