Morrissey / Smiths in the media

The Queen Is Dead in Brett Anderson's Favourite 13 Albums
tender_hooligan posted the link (original post):

"[...] Obviously Morrissey is known as a great lyricist but I think he's probably the greatest lyricist. I don't think Dylan is in the same league, with his songs about the 'Jack of Hearts' and things like that. Some of his lyrics are great, but they're not as powerful as Morrissey's. He had a brilliantly balanced dance between the wit and darkness. [...]"

More @ thequietus.com: There's A Song Playing: Brett Anderson's Favourite 13 Albums

Josh Caterer (Smoking Popes) talks about Morrissey
goinghome posted the link (original post):

The frontman of The Smoking Popes, Josh Caterer, speaks candidly in a (pre-submitted) questions and answer session from July of this year posted in video format on yowie.com. He replies to a couple of questions relating to Moz extensively and from the soul - http://www.yowie.com/show/41l

Derek Pringle (England Cricketer) says The Smiths should be in every music collection
Uncleskinny sends the link (original post):

'The Smiths should be in every music collection' - by Derek Pringle, The Telegraph
It's 25 years since the Smiths released The Queen Is Dead and it's been reissued - and it's a record you simply should have in your collection.

Morrissey was referenced in the pilot episode of American Horror Story

Posted by Harsh Truth (original post)
Morrissey was referenced in the pilot episode of American Horror Story on the FX Network (actually was quite an enjoyable show!)

The troubled, suicidal teenage daughter asked her new friend if he wanted to listen to Morrissey, who she described as "He's cool. And he's pissy, and he hates everyone and everything."

Funny quote I just came across from a review of this new show:

"But as real as the parents feel, their daughter Violet is damaged and introverted and boring. If I wanted to deal with someone who listens to Morrissey, chain smokes and generally irritates the world around them, I'd take a ride to downtown Brooklyn. Here's hoping she's the first character offed."

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom