Dream Thread

The usual thing.I cant move a muscle,cant even move my head and this thing is holding me down and Im trying to fight it.I can just about manage a "Ugh" if you get what I mean.But this time,each time I made the sound,I could hear like a footstep on the landing,like something is out there.
I dont believe in ghosts and all that shit,but this time I was frightened.

Are you awake and can't move? Or dreaming you can't move? That sounds frightening. Maybe when you sleep you float off to some other body that's being hugged or something and it translates as feeling constricted in your brain?

I had kind of a half nightmare last night. It's a reoccurring dream where I'm looking for my cat franticly for some reason and I find five cats that all look exactly like her with the same collar and tag and everything. It's terrifying because I can't figure out which cat is Dali and which cats are the impostors. It's debilitating because I need to leave and I can't very well carry five different cats at the same time and I can't risk leaving Dali so I'm just stuck, alone, with five cats. I'm crazy or something.

Frustrating!

The usual thing.I cant move a muscle,cant even move my head and this thing is holding me down and Im trying to fight it.I can just about manage a "Ugh" if you get what I mean.But this time,each time I made the sound,I could hear like a footstep on the landing,like something is out there.
I dont believe in ghosts and all that shit,but this time I was frightened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

You probably experienced this, and it's terrifying but extremely common. Basically your body is still asleep, but your brain is trying to wake up.

Are you awake and can't move? Or dreaming you can't move? That sounds frightening. Maybe when you sleep you float off to some other body that's being hugged or something and it translates as feeling constricted in your brain?

Frustrating!

I feel I'm wide awake,just can't move my arms ,legs,anything.I bet its Jackie London...sticking pins in me..

Sleep paralysis is very scary. It used to happen to me when I was a kid; I think it's to do with too much stress 'n anxiety.

I had a pleasant dream last night that I was visiting Jimmy Page's spectacular London mansion.

I have weird dreams,usually just before i wake in the morning.Today,I dreamt i was in a kind of second-hand shop.On a little table there was lots of junk,basically.
I remember seeing a pair of sunglasses and a little fob watch with the chain missing.The watchmakers were "Smiths".

I had a dream that CrystalGeezer was in a knife fight. No one got hurt in my dream but it was scary nonetheless.

Last night I had another dream about Doctor Who.

So, I was with the doctor (who is played in this dream by Christopher Eccleston) and some other people where there. (A man and a woman and my little sister. I don't know if there were other people, because when my dream started I was looking out the window, and I was just aware of the doctor, the woman, and my sister standing next to me.) Outside the window we could see the zombie invasion. These zombies weren't really zombies, it's just the best name I could give them. There bodies were wobbly and jiggly and they were insane and just walking around and saying random things. There was a crowd of them outside and they looked like a crowd of zombies. (And somehow the zombie disease was spread through dancing. I don't understand this bit, but I am sure if I had reached the end of my dream, the doctor would have had a great explanation.) Anyway, a crowd of them outside the building/TARDIS. :eek:

So the woman, my sister, and I run out hand-in-hand to get away while the doctor splits up to do his doctory stuff and save the day. As we are running, we try to squeeze around the zombies, because we don't know if the disease can also be spread through touch, and ewww they are wobbly zombies. So as we are running I say to the woman I am running with (in scared voice), "It looks like the apocalypse, zombie apocalypse." We pass a cheerleader running from the zombies. We get to this school building and run inside (by the way, it is evening). We are running down the halls, and then we are in this room where they are about to have a recital. With DANCING!!!! Little girls dressed up that could turn into zombies at any moment. So we are like, "We have to get out of here." But this school lady who we angered in an earlier unseen scene wants us to watch the kids recital and is looking at us like we are rude for running in and out. And she is blocking the door. But we run around her, and keep running until we get out of the building, and we are free. (Soaring feeling of freedom here.):highfive:

Then we have a car and drive away. (At this bit my dream changed for a while, but then switched more back.) I asked the person driving to stop because I had to use the bathroom. I got out and got some food from this restaurant that was closing to take back to the car, and then went to find the bathroom. All the restaurants were closed or closing, so I had to keep walking. I found one of those public restroom places just a little down the street, and I went inside. Grey and dreary and dirty like most public restroom buildings I have seen. I look for a stall, and then turn towards the mirror and see a little boy reflected in the mirror. I am terrified and think, "Ahhh, what if he is one of them?" And then run quickly into a large stall hoping he hasn't seen me, but he did. He follows towards my stall and then his mom has come into the bathroom and is coming towards my stall too. They are both zombies and the mom is wobbly and insane and talking crazy about puppies and the kid is starting to go insane. In my head I am thinking, "No, I am trapped, I am going to die." But I make a plan. I shout about there being puppies outside, hoping the crazy lady who is mumbling about puppies will go with her kid, and I show them out. They actually go (wow, right?) and then I am free again. :clap:

I find this grocery store bathroom, which is probably better. I get in the store and see my group standing around. (Doctor Who had a large group of people involved this time.) The doctor isn't there, but I am happy to see my people. The one guy hugs me really hard and says, "You're ok!" Then we do nothing important around the store. (I look for a clean bathroom stall to use to no avail. And the other people are making their bathroom stops and catching up on what is going on.) And then the zombies are here. We run out and the doctor is waiting outside with a car (Yay, the doctor!). I am the first in, but the rest of the group are slower to get out and the zombies start coming towards our car. They are singing some song and rocking our car on the doctor's side. :drama:

But then the dream changed, and I didn't see how it ended. Bummer, one of my favorite parts is when the doctor wins.:doh:

I dreamt I was with my nana and her friend....and I had taken up smoking! something I would never do! :squiffy:
Then I went on to find some socks...I never did find them

I just woke from a dream that I was in a Hare Krsna temple and the service was about to start. I was in a lot of pain, some of it due to hunger in the dream, and I wandered back stage where there was a bed for honored guests. It had white sheets and the bed was made of dark wood as was the night stand. On the night stand was a selection of cellophane packages with biscotti and cookies and crackers in them, but I was hungry for something more substantial. So I left the room and got in a car and started randomly driving looking for food and I woke up. :D

This is actually a Morrissey dream but I couldn't find the thread. A really weird Morrissey dream. :squiffy:

I dreamt I walked up to a window that had two seats, next to me was a girl who I gathered was a hardened Morrissey fan. There were two chairs that we could sit in and a counter. It wasn't a window so much as an open passageway to an unfinished room that had no drywall, like the inside of a garage. Morrissey was in the room and was busy milling about moving things from one stack to another, piles of papers, it was our opportunity to ask him questions. But it wasn;t current day Morrissey, it was Morrissey as a young boy, like 13 or 14. But he had a band and we were aware of him. The girl next to me didn't ask any questions but she stared at him the whole time. I asked him if he was aware of being with a spirit and he said he didn;t know what I was talking about, he just sings the songs. It was like a replay of me asking him if he sees signs, except in the dream I genuinely believed he was just singing the songs and not relating to the pain of the songs. I was also under the impression it wasn't him, that I was talking to a Beiberesque version of Morrissey, like a puppet. He handed us a poster for his upcoming show, he was playing an indie festival in Oregon with other bands like Beulah and Little Wings. And I noticed a giant thick book he was trying to study but we were distracting him, he was trying to get his MBA, or Masters of Business Administration. A young kid walked up behind me and wanted me to hand him a question written on a napkin, the question asked if he aligned his thinking about the sun with Jack Donaghy, (a charachter on 30 rock) and I told the kid it was a stupid question and not to ask him that. By this time Morrissey was completely immersed in studying his MBA book and was tuning all of us out.

Not last night but maybe a couple nights ago (I suddenly just remembered it) I had a dream I was watching myself make a cutout. I was watching myself make art. Or I was making it, it was confusing, so much so that I woke up. :squiffy:

YO, this is really embarrassing to admit, but I dreamt that I actually DID meet Moz in the blur of days I've spent without a computer (because I smartly punched the lights out of my craptop's LCD screen in a hissy-fit of man-child rage).

It's really pathetic and sappy, but it was in, like, an airport. I met Morrissey and was crying for some reason, and he held my face in the mounds of outer-coating (trench coats, scarves) he was wearing as a means of consolement and sang something to me. I don't remember what. It was a lot less ridiculous, saccharine and absurd than it sounds though, honest.

Then I rode away from the airport place, my mother in the driver's seat.

Gay, rite?

Back
Top Bottom