Dream Thread

I dream about famous people quite often, and it always starts the same way: "So-and-so knocks on my door." I'm like an agoraphobic Mr. Benn. ;)

My Morris dream reminds me a bit of the story told by Tacitus and Suetonius about the Emperor Claudius as a boy. Claudius was considered a fool because he had a club foot and a severe stammer. He was an embarrassment to his family, and was never thought to have been likely to become Emperor.

One day he was in the palace gardens with his friends and an eagle flew over and dropped a wolf cub and Claudius caught the bloodied, injured cub in his robe and it was nursed back to health. An augur was summoned and told the family that the meaning was clear: the wolf cub was Rome and one day Claudius would save the city from destruction. The prophesy was considered so outlandish it was kept a state secret.

Britain is a Morris Traveller restored to its former glory by Nigel Farage only to disappear into the ether never to be seen again. This I dreamt, the 25th of May, 2014.

Talking in my sleep is a big fear. I solve this in part by being in a relationship with a woman from Brazil whose relatively poor English is only offset by my total ignorance of Portuguese.

Your dreams are very intellectual. :p

I had a dream I was very tired and in pain and I had somehow wound up back in the community I grew up in and was asking to work at the restaurant I had my first job in. It was owned by a new man who had dark hair and who was older than me. We were in the office portion, as though we had just gone over the schedule and he was asking my availability and I was sad that I had returned to the same restaurant, like I felt like I wasn't making progress in life and was frustrated. I could tell this was affecting my new boss. He held my hand and looked at me sheepishly and asked if I was mad at him. I told him of course not, that I was just very tired and he still looked worried that he wasn't pleasing me. THen I got up to start working my shift and encountered a woman in the bathroom that connected to a closet she came out of, she was not happy I was there and was minimally polite to me, I was under the impression she was connected to my new boss. I went back to the restaurant portion of the building and my boss was there and he said he was so happy I was there too.

I had a long dream about what it would be like to eat space dust constantly. By space dust, I mean that sherbet that makes your mouth crackle and pop for ages! I think my head nearly exploded due to too crackle! :D

I've had two quite disturbing dreams/nightmares recently. I had a dreadful nightmare by which my whole family were about to get mass murdered by my Uncle, and I was a aware that it was about to happen, but unable to stop it.

The one I had last night was probably the most vivid. A big Russian guy came into my room while I was sleeping to ask me for a list of all my family members' names. I provided him with the names and asked him why he wanted them. Then he replied that he wanted to kill us all.
He then went into the kitchen to organise the weapons.

At this moment I ran into the lounge to tell my family, but they said they already knew and that I should relax.

The Russian then beckoned my mother into the kitchen because he couldn't find the knives, she happily assisted him - even guiding him to were the hammer was.

In the hallway, the Russian psychopath organised a plinth on which we must all stand to be killed. Soon after, we were ordered to queue up by the plinth.
I was second to first, and the person before me was my grandmother who was repeatedly hit on the head with a hammer however nothing happened to her. She then stepped off of the plinth.

I was next. Before I was due to be abused my mother told me that it might take a week for us to die, to which I screeched 'BUT I WANT TO DIE NOW!' and started crying hysterically, the point at which I abruptly woke up with my heart pounding.

I was woken up by my little lad having a nightmare the other day but I was having one of my own at the same time. I was stuck in the middle of a battle with bullets flying everywhere. I'd like to say I was a brave soldier but all I remember is cowering in a hole trying not to get killed. I might be physical coward in real life but I'd rather it didn't carry into my dreams.

I don't often have Morrissey dreams with his real face but this morning I had one where I was doing random things like house work and he was in the room and concerned. He was wearing black comfortable clothes and wasn't saying anything but had this look on his face: :( I kept hitting snooze so I could wander over to him in my dream but every time I went back to sleep he was further away in the room, but he was still there and had legitimate concern. It's hard to describe. It felt good, it felt like I wasn't alone in my brain.

I don't often have Morrissey dreams with his real face but this morning I had one where I was doing random things like house work and he was in the room and concerned. He was wearing black comfortable clothes and wasn't saying anything but had this look on his face: :( I kept hitting snooze so I could wander over to him in my dream but every time I went back to sleep he was further away in the room, but he was still there and had legitimate concern. It's hard to describe. It felt good, it felt like I wasn't alone in my brain.

You really are Mozz-sessed.

I recently had a dream about grilling shrimp in the middle of my bedroom. I laid down on my bed and suddenly remembered that carbon monoxide is poisonous. I tried to run to the door, but I was weak and dizzy, so I collapsed before I could grasp the knob. The last thing I remember before waking up was trying to reach the knob from the floor, but being too weak to lift my arm up to it.

I think I must have stopped breathing in my sleep. Kind of scary.

I had a dream this morning I was walking around a brick university that resembled a castle with my friend Solana who is always posting "jai ma" quotes on facebook and who is very spiritual. We wandered into the campus bar which suddenly felt like an old-timey western saloon. The bartender was worried and asked us if he could ask us a question. We ordered shots of Tequila and he asked, "Is it cliche to fall in love with a prostitute and to want to protect her?" Then just as I was about to take my shot a male friend of Solana's walked up and took the glass out of my hand and drank my shot. Then the bartender went on talking about loving this hooker so much it hurt him and I woke up.

I had another dream about Morrissey last night... this time, I was trailing him with someone around an upscale hotel, wanting to introduce myself, but being too afraid of being a nuisance to do so. I just missed him as he was getting on an elevator.

He becomes more and more distant in every dream... T_T

I had a dream a mouse was eating a potato chip in the corner of my room. Then I swore I heard it and woke up for a second and didn't hear the sound, so went back to sleep. Then I dreampt I had another mouth to feed, that I had to find some mouse food, and a box for him to sleep in and a water dish because the chip would make him thirsty. Then I went back to real sleep.

Strange dream last night. Morrissey and one other person were talking to each other. They came to the realization that he couldn't make money off just record sales anymore. So Morrissey decided his new thing would be to tour while wearing a pirate outfit like the one Captain Hook wears in the Peter Pan cartoons and it would be completely bright red from head to toe. Before I can explain what a terrible idea that is, I wake up. The first thing I think of is "Will he only tour at places Disneyland owns?". Something must be wrong with me.

Strange dream last night. Morrissey and one other person were talking to each other. They came to the realization that he couldn't make money off just record sales anymore. So Morrissey decided his new thing would be to tour while wearing a pirate outfit like the one Captain Hook wears in the Peter Pan cartoons and it would be completely bright red from head to toe. Before I can explain what a terrible idea that is, I wake up. The first thing I think of is "Will he only tour at places Disneyland owns?". Something must be wrong with me.

Maybe your subconscience is sorting out your mixed feelings of PIRATING MORRISSEY'S new album? :D

Last edited:
I dreamt last night that I grabbed a certain person I won't identify (a distant relative of mine) and pulled them down off a concrete banister or railing they were sitting on, causing them to smash their face on a concrete post sort of thing in front of them, cutting their face and causing them to bleed.

I panicked... basically because I knew I was in serious trouble if anyone found out what I'd done. In the process of yanking them forward, I got a big, nasty puncture would in my palm that would bloom outward when I pressed the area of my palm underneath the wound.

Some other weird, random crap happened. At some point, I was in a kitchen at a sink, pouring peroxide on the wound, and the flesh around the wound swelled up into a big bubble.

I think the gist of the dream was that, no matter how much I want to kick someone's ass, it probably isn't worth the consequences.

Last edited:
Last night, I had a dream that I got my hands on a physical copy of World Peace Is None Of Your Business however, when I bought it home, I didn't listen to it. Instead, I decided to nurture it as if it were a child.

I gave the record a bath and then dried it off with a towel. Soon afterwards, I sat on the living room sofa and cradled it, as if to send it to 'sleep'.
All of a sudden, some people I know from university burst in and started telling me how much of an idiot I was, resulting in me having tears streaming down my face.

Then woke up.

Last edited:
Maybe your subconscience is sorting out your mixed feelings of PIRATING MORRISSEY'S new album? :D

Not likely. I've shelled out for the LP/CD/poster/book with maybe fake signature edition. Hearing it a couple weeks early doesn't bother me. I don't think I've ever had a dream that included a celebrity before. Quite odd.

Here's a crosspost from another forum which details one of my Mozdreams I just recalled from earlier this year:
I just woke up from a ridiculously vivid, multi-layer dream, part of which included a drink called "Island Incest".
I think it was a mixed drink made of 3 different liquors, and it only cost $2 on the menu sign... I need to invent this drink now!

I also got to see Morrissey in concert in the same dream (the drink was being served in this little bar room inside the concert hall), and I almost got his autograph, but I couldn't decide what to get signed... I had so many CD's with me for some reason. I was also having this debate with myself about whether or not it would be gauche to ask him to sign a Smiths CD. I didn't want to ask him to sign my copy of Kill Uncle, because that'd be even more gauche.

I have a dream about Morrissey once every 6 months, seems like.
post date: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:59 am

I've had dreams where I met/have seen live/have experienced things relating to several musicians, but Morrissey is by far the most prevalent.

Last edited:
Last night I had a dream that It was the first day of school for the year even though its July and I was so confused since School doesn't start till September 2 but I looked at the calendar in my dream and sure enough it was September 2! So I walk into the same old classroom I had last year with my same old mean teacher and the same Teacher Assistant and I heard my Teacher assistant say are you sure it is today and my teacher says to my teacher assistant yea our first fire drill of the yearis today and I became really scared because I hate fire drills and my teacher says its time to go to keyboarding class so I go to Keyboarding class and Check Scientology.org to see if Its blocked on the school computers and sure enough it wasn't! When I came back from keyboarding in my dream my teacher says were taking the tide today so me and my class take to tide to downtown Norfolk VA and Norfolk VA looked really different then I woke up and I was really disoriented thinking that it was the second day of school so I go on my computer and check the calendar and sure enough it is July 10th!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom