Delete Account Button!

Should there be a delete account button?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
D

DAVIE

I think it would give users more freedom if there was an option to delete everything you've written. I think it would be fair. Many accounts all over the internet (whether it would be from an e-mail account to a youtube account) all have the option to simply delete all existing information or posts the user has made. I think if this forum is as "free" as it says, there should be the option for the user to simply walk away and for all information deleted if he or she wishes.

Please, leave opinions...

Last edited by a moderator:
For your interest

It cannot be decided by a poll.

First of all, you need to ask vBulletin Solutions if it's possible to have a delete user account button in user profile.

If they say no, you have to wait another few years for software upgrade / modification.

All the users have freedom to delete / edit their posts (however, not started threads) which is fair enough.

Last edited:
Re: For your interest

It cannot be decided by a poll.

First of all, you need to ask vBulletin Solutions if it's possible to have a delete button in user profile.

If they say no, you have to wait another few years for modification of software.

OK, I will do....I advise to all the people who want this to send your emails to vBulletin Solutions.

well you got my vote :) but I guess we're just gonna have to live with the fact that our moz solo posts may outlive us...

well you got my vote :) but I guess we're just gonna have to live with the fact that our moz solo posts may outlive us...

I sincerely hope not. I want something to be done about it and I am writing an email to VBulletin Solutions. I think this can be the only way to try and help users who want their posts and account to be deleted.

cybermen___delete___campaign_by_degaspiv-d33hjoa.png

Whoop! Cyberman!

I have sent an email to VBulletin and they gave given a reply to say they have recieved it.

I sincerely hope not. I want something to be done about it and I am writing an email to VBulletin Solutions. I think this can be the only way to try and help users who want their posts and account to be deleted.

Sounds like you have a first world problem:

Last edited:
Oh no! I said something I dont want anyone to see anymore!!

Too bad, buttmuncher.

I think it would give users more freedom if there was an option to delete everything you've written. I think it would be fair. Many accounts all over the internet (whether it would be from an e-mail account to a youtube account) all have the option to simply delete all existing information or posts the user has made. I think if this forum is as "free" as it says, there should be the option for the user to simply walk away and for all information deleted if he or she wishes.

Please, leave opinions...

If you delete all your posts, you're leaving threads behind with missing parts of discussions. You participated in a discussion thread, thereby asking others to discuss a topic with you. Now you wanna destroy those threads for everyone else? That seems like a troll-like behavior to me.

I'd hardly accuse Davie of being a troll. He was merely suggesting something he'd find useful, and which others might as well. I'm sure we've all said things on here that we have later regretted, and sometimes it's tempting to just wipe it all clean, or go back and start over.

This is the "Site Feedback And Suggestions" thread. There's no need to harass him.

Harass him? I'm giving my honest opinion. If you post something you regret, you can edit that post.

But deleting everything you've posted? That's an insult to the people you encouraged to engage in discussion threads with you. You get people posting messages back and forth with you in a discussion, and then a week later you delete everything you posted in that thread? After people took the time to post back and forth with you? You don't see the problem with that? And how disrespectful it would be to the other people in the threads you posted to? The scenarios I can imagine where someone would be like, "I'm gonna delete everything I posted on that forum", would be someone doing so as an act of hostility and, yes, troll-like. "Wipe it all clean" is an act of destruction to every thread you posted in.

That said, you CAN delete your posts here. But why do you need one button to delete EVERYTHING in one second?

Last edited:
I was on a forum like 15 years ago that had this button to delete the account. It's not like a real innovation in the game. But if you delete your account and your posts suddenly the archives are ruined and those are around for your children and your grandchildren to see how you behaved when you were a kid on the Internet and also like a family history thing so they know if Grandma thought Jesse knew how to play "Speedway."

Back
Top Bottom