Why I like Morrissey, Am I a Mexican??

25% Mexican

Hi everyone,

I have been reading all this stuff about Mexicans and Morrissey.
I never really found much use in posting to a discussion board,
really who wants to ready post after post, oh Morrissey is so cute,
oh this song is so good, really it's boring.

However, I have really enjoyed reading these posts about Morrissey and his Mexican fans. It made me question why I like Morrissey.

My mom was 1/2 Mexican and 1/2 Italian and lived in El Paso Tx,
My dad met her on a business trip, he was 100% German.
They fell in love and got married, my mom never told my dad she was 1/2 mexican. He always assumed she was 100% Italian she looked Italian, and had an Italian last time. It wasn't until the wedding when my Dad's mom was wondering, who the hell invited all these mexicans to the wedding.

But my dad didn't care he was really nice to my mom and said he lover HER, and didn't care if she was 1/2 monkey, that whatever she was she was lovely.

A year later I was born, durning childbirth my mom died.
So my dad raised me, and I never got to know anyone on my Moms side of the family, I really don't know any of them at all. So I had no Mexican or Italian influences growing up. My dad and I moved around alot because of his job, in the summer I would spend my time off with my dad's german parents in Orange County. They spoke german around me all the time and fed me german food, but I never was able to pick up the german language. As I got older my dad settled in Burbank, and I spent most of my teen years there.

I was a MEGA smiths fan, and enjoyed Morrissey's solo work. I never lived in an area where I could be with other mexicans so I know nothing of their culture or their ways, I dont really look anything like a mexican although I am indeed 25% mexican.

When I have gone to more recent Morrissey shows, I have seen more and more and more mexicans attend, I have seen some of the violence, but I thought that had more to do with being poor and having bad parents than being mexican.

But it makes me wonder, is there some genitic factor in my blood that makes me like morrissey, if I did not have this mexican blood in me, would I still like him as much? Or would I have lost a desire to hear his music, like so many other white kids I grew up with.

I wonder if there is some odd thing in mexican genitics that makes me still love morrissey. Although I am not part of the Mexican culture is my blood buring like their's and are somethings inescapble for me in life.

What a lively discussion, I have observed, and now I feel I have contributed my part.

Guten Tag!

25% Mexican 75% German 100% American!

> 25% Mexican 75% German 100% American!

Wouldn't you be . . .25% Italian 25% Mexican 50% German?

Or something to that extent.

EH CUZZIN, U SAID UR POPS DIDN'T CARE IF UR MOM'Z WUZ 1/2 MONKEY? THAS SOME SICC SHIT RIGHT THERE. HE UP ON SOME CHARLTON HESTON PLANET OF APES SHIT RIGHT THERE. LOL! BUT THAS COO! THA THINGS MEN DO FOR LOVE. EH U GOT A PIC, LIL MAMA? THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD MIX (1/4 MEX, 1/4 ITAL, 1/2 GERMAN). U SOUND LIKE U COULD BE A BAD LIL MAMI. WELL HOLLA AT ME LATER. PEACE BABYGIRL!

> Wouldn't you be . . .25% Italian 25% Mexican 50% German?

> Or something to that extent.

Good observation there.

I'm 100% Greek...what does THAT mean as a Moz fan?

I really just look German, hard to tell that I could have anything else in me...

25%

> EH CUZZIN, U SAID UR POPS DIDN'T CARE IF UR MOM'Z WUZ 1/2 MONKEY? THAS
> SOME SICC SHIT RIGHT THERE. HE UP ON SOME CHARLTON HESTON PLANET OF APES
> SHIT RIGHT THERE. LOL! BUT THAS COO! THA THINGS MEN DO FOR LOVE. EH U GOT
> A PIC, LIL MAMA? THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD MIX (1/4 MEX, 1/4 ITAL, 1/2
> GERMAN). U SOUND LIKE U COULD BE A BAD LIL MAMI. WELL HOLLA AT ME LATER.
> PEACE BABYGIRL!

> I'm 100% Greek...what does THAT mean as a Moz fan?

It means you supply us with all those funny blue paper coffee cups strewn all over the streets in Manhattan...and um, you like Clash of the Titans. Did I get that right?

> It means you supply us with all those funny blue paper coffee cups strewn
> all over the streets in Manhattan...and um, you like Clash of the Titans.
> Did I get that right?

Close.
Very, VERY close.