Question for DavidT

Peterb

After being treated so badly by Moz (were you thrown out of a gig or just banned from future performances?) are you still a fan?

Yes, I am still a fan, but because of the behavior over the years I'm sure it's understandable I no longer go out of my way to advocate. If I was not interested anymore I would certainly stop maintaining the site and leave it as an archive.

I have thought about doing that, similar to what Ethan, the admin of the long running REM fan site recently announced following the break-up announcement (post). One big difference is that he actually gets along with and has had support of the band.

Last edited:
Yes, I am still a fan, but because of the behavior over the years I'm sure it's understandable I no longer go out of my way to advocate. If I was not interested anymore I would certainly stop maintaining the site and leave it as an archive.

I have thought about doing that, similar to what Ethan, the admin of the long running REM fan site recently announced following the break-up announcement (post). One big difference is that he actually gets along with and has had support of the band.
Hey DavidT, thank you posting a direct response to my thread. I think your position is similar to that of a lot of fans (although more strongly felt as your experience was personal),whereby whilst the music is loved, his occasional outbursts make admiration of the man difficult. As a joke I often say it's hard being a Moz fan because whenever this is mentioned in company you find yourself on the defence, having to distance yourself from some aspects of the man yet still defending the music. I'm sure the music would be allowed to stand for itself if the other stuff went away. Even on this site we had a thread accusing him of being a nazi. Whilst I don't believe this to be true one can see how some would come to this conclusion.

thats an understatement

Hey DavidT, thank you posting a direct response to my thread. I think your position is similar to that of a lot of fans (although more strongly felt as your experience was personal),whereby whilst the music is loved, his occasional outbursts make admiration of the man difficult. As a joke I often say it's hard being a Moz fan because whenever this is mentioned in company you find yourself on the defence, having to distance yourself from some aspects of the man yet still defending the music. I'm sure the music would be allowed to stand for itself if the other stuff went away. Even on this site we had a thread accusing him of being a nazi. Whilst I don't believe this to be true one can see how some would come to this conclusion.

I confess I'm a bit disappointed with Morrissey. I think it's not correct to treat so badly people who all over the world, pay foutunes to see him playing live and buy his records. That's why I always separete the artist from work-of-art. Personal life doesn't interest me too much and I keep out from artists.

I confess I'm a bit disappointed with Morrissey. I think it's not correct to treat so badly people who all over the world, pay foutunes to see him playing live and buy his records. That's why I always separete the artist from work-of-art. Personal life doesn't interest me too much and I keep out from artists.
Yeah, with Morrissey it is useful to separate the person and the music. Nevertheless, it would be nice if Moz turned out to be a lovely chap (and not at all a rascist).

Back
Top Bottom