MOZ in Chicago - Whos going?

Re: First ever Moz Pit in Chicago this Saturday?

Hey guys, any information if we are allowed to bring cellphones inside the venue?

I don't see why not. Crotch it if you're worried.

Who's up for it? Everybody's gotta dance like the November Spawned a Monster video, ha.

The dance party is planned. Scroll to Saturday. :guitar:

http://www.luckynumbergrill.com/news.shtml

"We will have a DJ this Saturday night. It will be the DJ who spun at our Chernobyl event last Friday night. DJ Chim Cham will play New Wave. Tell your friends and please come out."

...tell all of my friends, I don't have too many...

Who's up for it? Everybody's gotta dance like the November Spawned a Monster video, ha.
I always dance like November spawned a monster video, and a sight to behold it is, unfortunately Chicago is a long way from here.

Grrrrr....my concert buddy has to catch a flight the same day of the concert. I need moral support. How does going to a concert alone sound? I'm not missing this but I also don't want to be completely uncomfortable and awkward.

Honestly, the two best shows I've ever been to were by myself. You're more willing to make cool friends who are also Moz fans, and it's more of a personal experience. It's you and the music.

Out of all of my friends I'm the biggest music fan by far, and it sounds really pretentious but taking them with me makes it feel like I have to share the musicians with them, but when I'm by myself it's just me, the artists, and the music.

Out of all of my friends I'm the biggest music fan by far, and it sounds really pretentious but taking them with me makes it feel like I have to share the musicians with them, but when I'm by myself it's just me, the artists, and the music.

I love this. Really. Smart.

Anyone know when the hell the door time is? Can't find it on the website at all.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Think the opener will take the stage around 8?

Last edited:
modrevolve asked how early we can show up...

"Lines for shows form 1 hour prior to door times. If you have to get into the city early, there are a host of shopping and cultural options in the Logan Square neighborhood, we encourage you to enjoy. But don’t plan on getting to the theater too early. There is no shelter from the heat or cold and no restroom facilities while you wait for doors to open. If you want to line up early, please be respectful of our neighbors and line up along the Milwaukee Ave. corridor and not in front of the residences to the rear of the building."

Last edited:
I actually found that on their website in the FAQ

modrevolve asked how early we can show up...

"Lines for shows form 1 hour prior to door times. If you have to get into the city early, there are a host of shopping and cultural options in the Logan Square neighborhood, we encourage you to enjoy. But don’t plan on getting to the theater too early. There is no shelter from the heat or cold and no restroom facilities while you wait for doors to open. If you want to line up early, please be respectful of our neighbors and line up along the Milwaukee Ave. corridor and not in front of the residences to the rear of the building."

It is freaking cold outside.
Snow showers tonight & tomorrow morning (could get an inch total) then tapering off to flurries in the afternoon. Gonna be a Chili Q.

Last edited:

Grrrrr....my concert buddy has to catch a flight the same day of the concert. I need moral support. How does going to a concert alone sound? I'm not missing this but I also don't want to be completely uncomfortable and awkward.
As soon as it starts your on your own any wayget lost in the crowd it's the only way.

As soon as it starts your on your own any wayget lost in the crowd it's the only way.

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. I've never been to show alone but I have gotten separated various times. Of course, most of the people at these shows were trippin off their tits. Would you all mind getting plastered before the show? :)

It's snowing! I have no idea what time I should get to the theater. I have waited in line for 12-16 hours in the past for my fav musicians, but I don't think I can do it this time. I'm way too sore, I forgot my good coat, and it's soooo cold. Those other times I was with friends, and there were public bathrooms, and it was in Florida! Gah. :tears:

Good Morning Chicago! How is everyone killing the next 11 hours, besides standing outside in the cold?

Good Morning Chicago! How is everyone killing the next 11 hours, besides standing outside in the cold?

Hello Harsh Truth! Happy MozzerDay!

I'm not sure, I'll find out when I get there what our options are (snow angels, licking lightpoles, flash mob...). Leaving soon.

Have a great time peeps, and don't forget to take BUCKETS of glühwein with you! :D

Tags
chicago congress morrissey
Back
Top Bottom