Phew, that was the biggest ever.

"Passions Just Like Mine" (link below)
> 'official releases'
>> 'collectors appendix'
>>> 'Morrissey'
>>>> 'Viva Hate'

Or take the shortcut

Endless thanks to Mikael for his input.

For more info on this series, please read this.

thanks,
Stephane

I just want to say a big thank you for doing your site. You are amazing and the detail you give each releases goes far and beyond what is called for. Just simply amazing. Thanks for all that you do! Great stuff!! I wish you would chronical the zines next. I think that would be interesting reads as well. Lots of detail makes it into zines that has been lost over time. Please consider.

The front of the Brazil LP shows the usual artwork, with Morrissey's name in yellow. The track listing on the back is somewhere between orange and brown. Brazilian credits were added in black beneath it. There is no barcode at the top, but two logos: one for Parlophone and one for EMI. Catalogue numbers are printed in black in the top right corner. ][bThe inner sleeve looks like the UK one, but it is made of paper and the colour of the lyrics is closer to purple than the usual blue.[/b] The catalogue number in the top right corner was changed for the Brazilian one. The record is actually slipped inside an anti-static inner sleeve which is in turn slipped inside this picture inner sleeve. The labels are black with pale grey text: Parlophone logo, "Viva Hate and "Morrissey" at the top, catalogue number and a bit of technical info left and right and track listing with recording credits in the bottom half.

I was wondering what the inner sleever of UK edition is made of if you enphasized the Brazilian one is made of paper? I checked it out and the lyrics are really pupler and not blue as usual.

First of all many thanks Stephane. Amazing work.
Not long ago I´ve seen a "german (?)" Viva Hate LP in a record shop. There was "Club-Sonderedition" written on the labels, so I guess it was for the "Bertelsmann Club ( a book club in germany, releasing sometimes special club editions of books and LPs oder CDs). As I went back to buy it a few days later it was gone. Any further information on this edition, anyone?

I have a 3D promo board for this release that I don't see listed on the site. A massive board with "Morrissey" in yellow across the top and "Viva Hate" in red along the bottom, there is the photo of his head shot that is an another board that stands out from the main board. I assume this was used in record stores, it has a stand at the back so it could stand up right in a window or table top.

There is a (rubbish) photo of it on this post http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...y-Smiths-buy?p=1366823&viewfull=1#post1366823 Unfortunately the 3D board has come away from the main board, but a bit of glue would fix that.

I can send photos and measurements if you want.

Dave

Sorry for the delay in doing this.
As I said the 3D bit has come away from the main board, I've temporarily put it back together again for these photos - it's not 100% straight I'm afraid, but hopefully good enough.
The main board is 76cm x 76cm
IMG00743-20110909-1236.jpg
IMG00744-20110909-1237.jpg

As a matter of interest I bought it from this chap on ebay that has just sold similar promo items (including a counter stand for Best1 that isn't mentioned in the collectors appendix, or at least looks like a different colour)

Dave

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Does this look like a custom one-off type thing? I've seen many types of promo pieces that either a record store or promotions department made cutting and pasting promo posters onto heavy cardstock or styrofoam, or having the artwork blown up/shrunk and then cut/glued.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom