Ever been taken back by a Moz song you've not payed much attention to before ?

ThisWayUp

I had my ipod on today. At some point during a 'uploading' session I must have made a mistake because in amongst the usual stuff was 2 Moz songs I have allways overlooked.
The songs were ''whatever happens, i love you'' and ''he used to be a sweet boy''.

When these songs have come on in the past i have skipped past them or on the rare times they have played to the end, i am usually distacted with a chore or talking to someone and never to my memory has anyone commented ''oh i love this one/ this is one of my favs''

Maybe it just comes down to the fact that i had earphones in and the harmonies were clear or the lyrics had a chance to show, i dont know. Whatever it was that changed today-im surprised that after all these years of listening to Morrissey i can still be swept up in that magical moment of hearing one of his songs for ''the first time''

Have any of you ever felt the same or had a similiar experience ??
If so, what was your song ??

The Boy with the Thorn in His Side gets me everytime.

"Whatever Happens, I Love You" is superb. I always skipped "Lost" because I thought it was boring, but a couple of years ago I let it play through out of sheer laziness and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Great track.

The recent Very Best of DVD included "I've Changed My Plea" and I was immediately smitten. I knew I'd heard it before but I couldn't think where I had it. I don't have the 'My Love Life' CD single and couldn't think where I'd have heard it. Then I found it again on My Early Burglary Years. It's Grrrreat. Mozipedia is correct on this song by Moz & Nevin.

It's on the Viva Hate 2002 redux thingy also..
The recent Very Best of DVD included "I've Changed My Plea" and I was immediately smitten. I knew I'd heard it before but I couldn't think where I had it. I don't have the 'My Love Life' CD single and couldn't think where I'd have heard it. Then I found it again on My Early Burglary Years. It's Grrrreat. Mozipedia is correct on this song by Moz & Nevin.

"Whatever Happens, I Love You" is superb. I always skipped "Lost" because I thought it was boring, but a couple of years ago I let it play through out of sheer laziness and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Great track.

yeah, thats how i felt today, with my 2 songs. Fantastic feeling-like i said, after all these years it was a surprise

None spring to mind, but it's always pleasant when you have your iPod on shuffle and a favourite Smiths/Morrissey song comes on and takes you unaware.
Sitting on an empty bus, with a bottle of coke topped up with vodka on the way to a mate's house, I was admiring the countryside when "My Dearest Love" came on - I had a tear in my eye by the end of the song.
Also, walking to and from work, Handsome Devil (from the Peel Sessions) and London always put an extra swagger in my step. And even though I have overplayed it to death, How Soon Is Now can still raise a few goosebumps when I hear it out of the blue.

Sitting on an empty bus, with a bottle of coke topped up with vodka on the way to a mate's house, I was admiring the countryside when "My Dearest Love" came on - I had a tear in my eye by the end of the song. How Soon Is Now can still raise a few goosebumps when I hear it out of the blue.

I was sat on the bus when ''whatever happens..'' came on. I was in a world of my own. It was very cool, watching the people going about their thing with Moz as the soundtrack, such a beautiful song. And as for goosebumps, the first time i listened to Jack The Ripper i was covered with them and it still happens now

Nobody Loves Us. This must surely be one of his best ever B-sides? I know lots of people on here rave about it, but I didn't listen to it that much on release.

Kegs Between My Legs

I had my ipod on today. At some point during a 'uploading' session I must have made a mistake because in amongst the usual stuff was 2 Moz songs I have allways overlooked.
The songs were ''whatever happens, i love you'' and ''he used to be a sweet boy''

I actually prefer "Have-a-go merchant" to "Whatever Happens, I Love You." It is also on the Boxers EP and features a great little riff by Alain. It was also featured on the Introducing Morrissey VHS. I must be the only person who likes this song.

"Whatever Happens, I Love You" is okay but not as good. The lyrics and verses are beautiful but the whole clarinet & sax thing is just annoying.

I rarely choose to listen to "The Youngest Was The Most Loved" but whenever it comes on I think, "Wow, I really love this song."

Happened to me last night. I really like the video for the song too.

Usually, it's the earlier stuff like Dial-A-Cliche, The Ordinary Boys, Piccadilly Palare ...

Further into the fog I fall ... following you, could be one of the best opening lyrics ever.

Usually, it's the earlier stuff like Dial-A-Cliche, The Ordinary Boys, Piccadilly Palare ...

Further into the fog I fall ... following you, could be one of the best opening lyrics ever.

Since I first heard that song, I thought it was "further into the fog of thought". This night has opened my eyes :cool:

I actually prefer "Have-a-go merchant" to "Whatever Happens, I Love You." It is also on the Boxers EP and features a great little riff by Alain. It was also featured on the Introducing Morrissey VHS. I must be the only person who likes this song.

Have A Go Merchant contains my favourite ever Moz lyric (but I'm not going to tell you which line)

It took me awhile to get into Dial-A-Cliche as well.
Picadilly Palare is a great song to walk too.

[QUOTE
Picadilly Palare is a great song to walk too.[/QUOTE]

very true :)
you can get a good 'strut' going with TLOTFIP aswell

Back
Top Bottom