Will you buy The Smiths Complete Boxset?

Will you buy The Smiths Complete Boxset?

• Deluxe Collectors Boxset

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • CD Boxset

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Vinyl Boxset

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • CD + Vinyl Boxsets

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
Not at that ridiculously extortionate price.

Last edited:
The Deluxe/Collector's Complete Boxset in all 3 formats is £250. It's the vinyl Singles set that is £35, and this CD set -

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/productdetail.jsp?productPK=unittest-QzWI78GZRtTEthBDqN3IEb-1

...which I struggle to see the point of when I've got it all already.

I'm well aware of what format costs what cheers, you said you weren't going to buy it because the price is extortionate and didn't specify which version you were referring to. The poll is about all the formats.

If you've already got Marr's new remasters on CD, good for you, it still doesn't make 35 quid for 8 discs in Mini-LP sleeves an extortionate cost. Far from it, actually.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of what format costs what cheers, you said you weren't going to buy it because the price is extortionate and didn't specify which version you were referring to. The poll is about all the formats.

If you've already got Marr's new remasters on CD, good for you, it still doesn't make 35 quid for 8 discs in Mini-LP sleeves an extortionate cost. Far from it, actually.

I never said that £35 was extortionate. I just forgot to explicitly refer to the Deluxe version in my post, which I thought would have been obvious since that's the most expensive one. God, what's wrong with you, do you enjoy arguing with people?

I never said that £35 was extortionate. I just forgot to explicitly refer to the Deluxe version in my post, which I thought would have been obvious since that's the most expensive one. God, what's wrong with you, do you enjoy arguing with people?

No, just enjoy pointing out ridiculous posts. Rhino put together a tier-level pricing for the set, for all levels of fan and all sizes of wallet, you complain about the extortionate price of one, ignore the very reasonable price of the other, say you don't want the cheaper option and then say you already have it all anyway and aren't interested.

Last edited:
No, just enjoy pointing out ridiculous posts. Rhino put together a tier-level pricing for the set, for all levels of fan and all sizes of wallet, you complain about the extortionate price of one, ignore the very reasonable price of the other, say you don't want the cheaper option and then say you already have it all anyway and aren't interested.

I never mentioned the CD set because it wasn't what I was originally referring to, as I've already said. Of course £35 for the CDs isn't extortionate and I didn't say it was, but I won't be buying it. Alright Boss? :rolleyes:

I voted "undecided". Are the remasters really that different? Most remasters today just increase the loudness and nothing else.

Abso-Effing-Lutely-No

I bought the original albums on CD, some of the CD singles, Very Best of the Smiths, Sounds of the Smiths...

I tap out on this one.

With that said... I am sure there will be a torrent somewhere. Just saying.

I voted "undecided". Are the remasters really that different? Most remasters today just increase the loudness and nothing else.

My question exactly. I believe the remasters on "Sound of..." were from this same remaster process. Honestly it's been a while since I did a side-by-side, but I recall being impressed. I can specifically recall being happy withe the title track of QID: the original CD version was always muddy to me; the track on "Sound of.." was crisper and each instrument was more distinct. That alone makes me hedge toward getting the CD set.

Who else recalls comparisons with "Sounds Of.." and original tracks. Wasn't just louder, was it?? Am I right that this was all done at same time?

Back
Top Bottom