To the Administrators of this forum. How would i become an admin myself?

• Thread starter idontoweyouanything
  • Start date
I

idontoweyouanything

parts of this forum need sorting out once and for all! certain bullshit posts need deleting. im sure in your hearts you agree. :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a mod on the old site in the early '00s

True story.

I'd recommend mastering proper grammar and basic linguistics first, champ.

Proper grammar and basic linguistics are insurmountable obstacles in a career as a Morrissey solo moderator. No - the only things necessary are: a full frontal lobotomy; a total lack of a life and any aspiration to have one; and a willingness to attack and ridicule anybody slightly brighter than you are. If you have these qualities - which skylarker uncleskinny and kewpie have in abundance - then a career as a Morrissey-solo moderator beckons. If - on the other hand - you have a life and talent then you might be better off using it to make the world a slightly better place.

I think there should be yearly moderator elections on here...

I didn't misuse it, Molly Yard.

So were you telling him/her to study transgenerative grammar, or to embark on the pre-Chomskian study of the similarities between languages?

It isn't a vague word meaning "having to do with language." Quit trying to sound smart. You'll pull something.

So were you telling him/her to study transgenerative grammar, or to embark on the pre-Chomskian study of the similarities between languages?

It isn't a vague word meaning "having to do with language." Quit trying to sound smart. You'll pull something.

I was telling him to study grammar. How to structure it, how to use it properly contextually, how to format it coherently...that kind of thing. Now Molly, you can nitpick about nuances and sub-definitions but ultimately "linguistics" means the study of all aspects of grammar and language.

He had written, "parts of this forum need sorting out once and for all! certain bullshit posts need deleting. im sure in your hearts you agree."

There are four gaping grammatical holes there which I've put in bold type. Did I understand his point anyway, as in what he was trying to say, however poorly he worded it? Yeah...but that doesn't forgive the grammar. Additionally, being that his post was at the outset mocking and condescending and dumb, I felt extra compelled to trip up his poor writing.

Mind you, those errors remained after the post was edited...God only knows how bad it was the first time around.

Now shut your yap and bring me a beer.

I'd recommend mastering proper grammar and basic linguistics first, champ.

Please stop misusing the word "linguistics." Thanks.

I didn't misuse it, Molly Yard.

I was telling him to study grammar. How to structure it, how to use it properly contextually, how to format it coherently...that kind of thing.

So you were telling him to study grammar... and grammar.

Study diction.

So you were telling him to study grammar... and grammar.

Study diction.

Suck my diction. You're getting hung up on semantics, like most people who can't debate the essence.

At any rate...

tumblr_lonqie0M941qkylypo1_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom