In other news, isn't Jarvis Cocker fabulous?

I'm honestly not that big of a Pulp fan, I do like a few songs, but they played in Melbourne here on Friday night, I didn't go, but I did happen to literally bump into Jarvis Cocker out and about in Melbourne with my friend (who is a big fan and went to the show). I just played the camera man for her and took the photo and such. But he was a really nice guy and was just one of those people who come across and genuinely happy to meet and interact with fans. Nice to see :)

I'm honestly not that big of a Pulp fan, I do like a few songs, but they played in Melbourne here on Friday night, I didn't go, but I did happen to literally bump into Jarvis Cocker out and about in Melbourne with my friend (who is a big fan and went to the show). I just played the camera man for her and took the photo and such. But he was a really nice guy and was just one of those people who come across and genuinely happy to meet and interact with fans. Nice to see :)

Glad to hear that you met Jarvis.
Yes, he is a really friendly guy. I look forward to see Pulp in September. :)

Wierdly I was having this exact same conversation with my 11 year old daughter only yesterday!....I have dug out some old CD's and she is definitely feeling the love! :)

Love Alma xxx

Yes, he is. Met him a few years back and he was a really lovely guy. I saw Pulp once in 94' when they supported Blur, but I didn't really appreciate them very well or know them then. Finally got to see them at Primavera Festival in Barca a few months back, and it was one of the best gigs I can ever remember seeing! Made it right up front and the crowd was so wild and up for it (but consisted of mostly Brits and Americans in the front?). Got thrown around crushed like I was at a Moz show in 1991 again, but it was so worth it. We were on a high for weeks. Saw them again at Hyde Park a few weeks ago, which was really good, but not even close to Barcelona. I remember when he was at a Moz show in NYC, back in 1997 I think? One of the best frontmen around without doubt.

And I didn't film this, but this is such a f***ING BRILLIANT VIDEO!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, just generally.

Cocker is a thoroughly decent chap, and an excellent pop person. Eccentric (in a good way), stylish, witty, articulate and unique.
However, his songwriting skills are hugely over-rated, and his singing voice is thin and woefully one-dimensional.
So, yes, a great person to have around but listening to his songs (with the exception of perhaps a total of 4 or 5) is hard work.

Ah, what a warm thread I've started.

Interesting points from Maurice E - have you met Jarvis? I'd like to meet him. Perhaps if I visit London again I'll hang about the BBC radio studios on a Sunday afternoon and wait for him to saunter out. You know, like a weirdo.

I really enjoy his singing voice, but I shan't bemoan your opinion. It's good to to be able to separate art and artist but to admire both. That is not a comment on Morrissey, by the way.

However, his songwriting skills are hugely over-rated, and his singing voice is thin and woefully one-dimensional.
So, yes, a great person to have around but listening to his songs (with the exception of perhaps a total of 4 or 5) is hard work.

Started well enough but that comment above is utter twaddle.

Any news if Pulp, or Jarvis, will record a new album when the summer tour is over?

Can anyone recommend a downloadable concert from this summer's reunion tour?

Thanks, and yes Jarvis is fabulous!

Back
Top Bottom