Dublin - Vicar Street (July 29, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / First Of The Gang To Die / Speedway / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Black Cloud / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat is Murder // There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

set list provided by Patrick

Vicar Street review by Tony Clayton-Lea - Irish Times. Link from Dara.
Short review by Eamon Sweeney - Irish Independent. Link from BlueKoyote

Last edited:
that fin shit he plays before he comes on just gives you a taste of whats to come

f***in shite

i want to hear decent music

free my brother jake

peter green man of the world

no we hear a load of f***in poofs

the total shite he plays wants binnin

you need to get some taste in music mate
as we know your lot who claps to any shite he plays cant play notes for toffee but it doesnt mean were all deaf

the shite he pays before his entrance is a
Can someone please, PLEASE, PLEASE enable some sort of feature on this site that disables Irene from posting when she is drunk? I realise that she may be sober only 30 minutes out of each day, but it would help make the site just a little bit better.

Hasn't it been said there are a few different places where Morrissey dwells sometimes??Wasn't Ireland one of them??yeah gossipers...maybe he has a secret wife stashed there....um jokes....

I want to be in Morrissey’s club. I want mashed potatoes and ravioli cause it’s Morrissey that I love. If you come near him I will smash in your skull. I love him. I want him. He is mine and you can’t have him. And if you try to steal M, I will take your arms and break them and then shake them. He is a baby so don’t wake him.

I want to be in Morrissey’s club. I want to give him a blow job in the bathtub. Blowing bubbles and smoke signals. The stars are above. Morrissey is who I love. I want to be in your club. I want to be in your club. I want to be in your club. I want to be in your club. I have a headache. Wine and blue icing on my cake. It’s you I love.

I thought it was a great gig. Morrissey looked like he was enjoying himself during Everyday Is Like Sunday, almost trying to hold back laughter, whatever he could see going on?!

I thought it was a great gig. Morrissey looked like he was enjoying himself during Everyday Is Like Sunday, almost trying to hold back laughter, whatever he could see going on?!

He was laughing at the money he is making off mouth breathing troglodytes.

Bottom line=look at me, filthyest bank balance on earth, nothing less than Godless now.Godless.

I'm not sure that this is what he was laughing/smirking at but when he was playing that song there was some woman who was completely off her face on drugs who kept trying to push to the front. Pretty much all the crowd on that side at the front was shoving her back in a very obvious way, then security had to pull her out. Perhaps it was something else, but that appeared to be the only thing that was going on at the time.

30 minutes out of each day? Even i havent got the lav cleanin down to that.

Remember ian, those toilets wont clean themselves. Boss.

lol

Can someone please, PLEASE, PLEASE enable some sort of feature on this site that disables Irene from posting when she is drunk? I realise that she may be sober only 30 minutes out of each day, but it would help make the site just a little bit better.

Did anyone go?
What was it like?
What was moz like between songs,much banter or quiet?

To the girl and her boyfriend who was standing down the front you have a tattoo on your upper arm saying this joke isnt funny no more just want to say thanks for the laughs you were so nice sorry i couldnt find you after the show i looked and waited but alas to no avail one good postive thing though we touched his hand x brilliant gig love you mozz

Irish Times review (of the Friday gig) by Tony Clayton Lea (who is a fan I believe)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...301683449.html

Text:
Morrissey
TONY CLAYTON-LEA

Vicar Street

A NUMBER of Morrissey’s culturally iconic ducks are lined up in a row even before he walks on stage – a collage of archive footage that includes Joe Dolan singing You’re Such a Good Lookin’ Woman , Lou Reed being interrogated by Australian media about his drug habits, New York Dolls on a German TV music show, US 50s teen idol Fabian, a blowsy Diana Dors in sitcom mode, and a drag artist known as Lypsinka.

Is the connection sex and sexuality? Perhaps. So far, so Morrissey. It comes as something of a surprise, however – several hours later when the show is over and the stocky, sweat-soaked singer leaves the stage – that all you remember with any sense of genuine intrigue whatsoever are the video clips and not the music.

Still without a record label, despite his obvious knack of selling hundreds of thousands of records worldwide, Morrissey, now 52 years old, seems to have slipped into the role of a middle-aged agent provocateur – his comments at a concert in Poland on July 24th last, about the Norway island massacre being “nothing compared to what happens in McDonalds and Kentucky Fried shit every day” were fatuous, to say the least.

And on Friday at this sold-out show in front of a partisan audience that ranges from ladies and gentlemen of a certain age wearing Smiths t-shirts to skinny teens sporting Oscar Wilde tops, he trots out anti-royalist comments that come across as much ho-hum cliché as petty-minded.

The upside is some of the music; inasmuch as there are song titles of his that are far better than the songs themselves ( I Have Forgiven Jesus being a classic, rib-tickling example), there are sections of his solo work that often surpass that of The Smiths. The likes of You’re the One for Me Fatty, First of the Gang to Die, Irish Blood English Heart, You Have Killed Me , and the still majestic Everyday Is Like Sunday are just crackers waiting to be pulled apart. The remainder of the set – barring the final song, The Smiths’ sublime There Is a Light That Never Goes Out – is instantly forgettable.

So, enough already with the topical commentary – who listens to someone like Morrissey for this anymore, anyway? – and on with the show stoppers. Even his most avid fans are being worn down with more of the former than the latter.

Was at the Morrissey show on saturday what a night.True it was fairly crowded but still was a great night. Would like to thank the people who helped me when I done my back in.

Many thanks

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom