Dublin - Vicar Street (July 29, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / First Of The Gang To Die / Speedway / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Black Cloud / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat is Murder // There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

set list provided by Patrick

Vicar Street review by Tony Clayton-Lea - Irish Times. Link from Dara.
Short review by Eamon Sweeney - Irish Independent. Link from BlueKoyote

Last edited:
Thanks for the info - Yes I know , bad musicians imo but then again I don't have anything good to say about the remainder of Mozz these days ...:(

Yes, he is. It is just sad that the remainder of his band from the earlier days is gone.

Not really; they were mediocre and Tobias is better than Whyte as a guitarist by a country mike. Morrissey controls what he releases and dross line Tormentors mistune laid squarely at his door.

Sick of Morrissey people. Even a certain tribute band, beloved by the Dublin natives, were a disgrace tonight - cavorting with two girls barely out of their teens. Other fans were hostile and unpleasant.

Sick of Morrissey people. Even a certain tribute band, beloved by the Dublin natives, were a disgrace tonight - cavorting with two girls barely out of their teens. Other fans were hostile and unpleasant.

Really? Were the tribute band playing tonight? I am planning on heading to the Clock after the gig tomorrow.

Fans were hostile and unpleasant to who?

3 pages of nothing, barely a word on the gig instead amaturish critics who actually know nothing about anything, musical or otherwise jabbering on, have you not left the iron on? Go away, please, if he doesnt mean anything to you anymore then why are you here? is you life THAT empty.

The gig was great, the venue was small and cramped but in a very good way. everyone was into it and good vibes were flowing both ways, Moz was chatty between tracks and joked about the royals.

ultimatly the band have a heavy sound but it seems to suit the older Moz, he hasnt mellowed.

The new tracks were great, I for 1 am looking forward to the next serving of a Moz album.

Viva Moz

3 pages of nothing, barely a word on the gig instead amaturish critics who actually know nothing about anything, musical or otherwise jabbering on, have you not left the iron on? Go away, please, if he doesnt mean anything to you anymore then why are you here? is you life THAT empty.

The gig was great, the venue was small and cramped but in a very good way. everyone was into it and good vibes were flowing both ways, Moz was chatty between tracks and joked about the royals.

ultimatly the band have a heavy sound but it seems to suit the older Moz, he hasnt mellowed.

The new tracks were great, I for 1 am looking forward to the next serving of a Moz album.

Viva Moz

Thanks...finally!

Does anyone remember what he said, if anything, between songs?

Does anyone remember what he said, if anything, between songs?

He called Sligo (a county in the west of Ireland) a 'strange, inhabitable place'. He alluded to Kristeen Young saying it's ok to have a vagina and said that his had never done him any good - bit bizarre.
Lots of usual stuff about the queen 'a lady with a handbag', blah blah. He said 'It's good to be back in the holy city'.

Other bits and bobs, will post if I can recall them.

His drummer Matt Walker plays very very well...But the rest of the band are just heavy, the arrangement of songs are predictable.

How do other musicians rate the band ?

I think they aer all quite good,
the only problem is, that guitar-wise, there are no surprises on both guitars...
viva hate and bona drag were outstanding here, of course thats not something
you can achieve easily (national front disco is an example were it worked again - there are a few chords in there that are insane).

i can also enjoy the heavy sound, i see it as a phase

Last edited:
Morrissey brought out his newly announced fiancee for the encore. A fine young calf, lovely brown eyes. Honeymoon planned for Oslo.

I think they aer all quite good,
the only problem is, that guitar-wise, there are no surprises on both guitars...
viva hate and bona drag were outstanding here, of course thats not something
you can achieve easily (national front disco is an example were it worked again - there are a few chords in there that are insane).

i can also enjoy the heavy sound, i see it as a phase

The other poster was actually after a musician's opinion.

DavidT - how many of these posts are by Paul out of interest?

I'm guessing at least half of those attacking Morrissey and most of those condemning the criticisms?

Can we please ban him again forever?

It's getting wearisome.

What a surprise, 56 comments and very few about the actual gig. No wonder Morrissey hates this website. Surely people that don't like Morrissey should have better things to do than post their dreary opinions on a site for fans. Go take your bile elsewhere so the people that actually care about what happened at the gigs don't have to suffer your ignorance instead

Not-so-cuddly Chris Wilde has been saying on Facebook that he is planning on thumping Hugh Clark over his "behaviour" on the queues on tour.

When is this punch up going to happen because I desperatly want to see that fight.

No doubt Hugh deserves the punches (we all know all about his behaviour on tour with young girls over the years)

PS Chris – you are not “hated for loving”, as you say, you're basically just tolerated for existing.

Viva Moz

Thanks, this is the only post with any relevance.

This site really needs to be sorted out.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom