Dublin - Vicar Street (July 29, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / First Of The Gang To Die / Speedway / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Black Cloud / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat is Murder // There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

set list provided by Patrick

Vicar Street review by Tony Clayton-Lea - Irish Times. Link from Dara.
Short review by Eamon Sweeney - Irish Independent. Link from BlueKoyote

Last edited:
The setlist for this tour is very weak--especially since he has such a vast back catalog. How about some of the gems from the past: Girl Least Likely To, Reader Meet Author, anything from Your Arsenal, anything from Viva Hate, etc.

Black Cloud, Irish Blood, First of the Gang, Paris, Killed Me---all should be put on the shelf.

Ouija Board and Sunday--gems.

His backing band is so weak--where are Alain, Boz, Gary, and Spencer?

The setlist for this tour is very weak--especially since he has such a vast back catalog. How about some of the gems from the past: Girl Least Likely To, Reader Meet Author, anything from Your Arsenal, anything from Viva Hate, etc.

Black Cloud, Irish Blood, First of the Gang, Paris, Killed Me---all should be put on the shelf.

jesus, you are IDIOT

I happen to agree with you about the band although Matt Walker is a very good drummer.

The rest of the lot can go (especially Jesse Tobias, more than anyone else).

I spoke to Spencer a few of years ago in NYC and let me say, he's not missing the old days. Maybe I should say, he's not missing Morrissey.

I happen to agree with you about the band although Matt Walker is a very good drummer.

I agree, he really is a very good drummer, but somehow, I don't think his style fits the music; he's just a bit too intense or something. But that's a minor complaint, compared to what could be said for the rest of them.

I spoke to Spencer a few of years ago in NYC and let me say, he's not missing the old days. Maybe I should say, he's not missing Morrissey.

I'm intrigued about how Spencer feels about his time with Morrissey. Care to share? Understandable, if not, though.

who is spencer, oh lord, you are idiot

Fair enough. I didn't buy any tickets this time around. They were awful on their last tour and I couldn't bring myself to waste another £40 (I even left the gig early it was so dull and predictable). I actually turned over halfway through the Glastonbury performance to watch Eastenders or something. It's just isn't like the old days anymore.

Ah, that's why they call them the old days. Nostalgia is painful. Move on :)

Of course, I have angered some with my criticism of the setlist, but that was expected. There will always be the "yes men" who think Moz can do no wrong.

My observation is that during the earlier years, Moz seemed more relaxed and at ease; this can be seen in his interviews and even in his music. The current Moz seems to have run out of his lyrical creativity.

While I enjoyed some of "Maladjusted," I think that this began the slow withering away of his creativity. "Quarry," "Tormentors," and "Refusal" are not near the genius of his early days.

He should focus on the earlier releases for the majority of his setlist.

Of course, I have angered some with my criticism of the setlist, but that was expected. There will always be the "yes men" who think Moz can do no wrong.

My observation is that during the earlier years, Moz seemed more relaxed and at ease; this can be seen in his interviews and even in his music. The current Moz seems to have run out of his lyrical creativity.

While I enjoyed some of "Maladjusted," I think that this began the slow withering away of his creativity. "Quarry," "Tormentors," and "Refusal" are not near the genius of his early days.

He should focus on the earlier releases for the majority of his setlist.

"He should focus on the earlier releases for the majority of his setlist." You are MORON

Back
Top Bottom