Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good statement, Moz. I understood what you meant the first time.

Stick to your music.... Morrissey is getting more tiresome the older he gets.. he is a crashing bore i am afraid..

moz, the world is full of crashing bores...and you are NOT one

I agree with the first part, but why wear shirts by a designer that uses crocodile skin and ostrich hide?

Of course you have to go back on your statement, you can't risk loosing fans... TOO LATE!!!
I, and many norwegians with me, hope you NEVER set your foot in Norway again. You're not welcome here!!

This is really disappointing. I was expecting an apology, but this isn't. Please just shut up if you can't bring yourself to simply say "I'm sorry" and show some respect.

All very 'well' (not really). But there's no apology for the insensitive timing of the comment. And also he's wrong. The names of the victims have been/are being published. It just takes a while to identify them and notify the families before they're are officially named. And by comparing the Norwegian murderer (who shouldn't be named) to Jack The Ripper Morrissey actually manages to contradict the point he's trying to make about the how the murderer shouldn't be treated as anyone of any importance (btw, I agree with this point, but I don't think Morrissey is making it in a very clever way at all).

I'm quite positively sure that Morrissey isn't evil and that he's possibly affected by what happened in Norway (to the extent he is able to be affected by anything which I fear isn't much) but to make that comparison is still showing a lack of intelligence and a lack of feeling with the world around him. But I guess in Morrissey's mind he IS the world.

To repeat myself from an earlier post. If Morrissey compares the tragedy of the people killed in Norway to the tragedy of animals being slaughtered every day (and that IS a tragedy too) then he should also have compared the murder of his cousin that he mentioned at a concert a few years ago in the same manner. Until he does that, I can't really accept this vague 'explanation' from Morrissey. Not that he cares what I think of course.

Articulate, well thought out, emotive, brilliant.

Will this get media attention as "Morrissey Says Sorry"? Yes. But, regardless, well done Morrissey.

Until you go vegan Moz, you are just as guilty...and are part of the problem.

Understand the argument, just done in bad taste. This plus Solo nonsense and it's clean your are slipping.

This guy is insane, completly stupid bastard!!!

We are all shocked abouth this slaughter in norway and this crasy idiot uses it for promoting his wiered vegetarian ideas? There is a huge difference between killing people an eating animals. I know that vegetarians cant understand that but this gut should shut his mouth and f*** up!

Helene, in no fashion is he going back on his statement here so save the vitriol. You and the other angry Norwegian interlopers need to get over yourselves, do you get this passionate when 70 humans die anywhere on earth or only when it happens in the arbitrary borders that comprise your nation? I just get the curious feeling that if 100 people died in Malaysia and he made the comments the Norwegian presence would be somewhat reduced...

Morrissey in the meantime feels equal outrage no matter the species, what the said species can do for him in return or in what country the killing takes place. Nor does he fear the anger and abuse he will get for upholding this unflinching equality in giving voice to voiceless victims.

He HAS totally lost the plot. No wonder a record label won't touch him

You people need to stop being holier than thou.

You really had no political reaction to the events in Norway? You didn't think, stupid f***ing right winger? Or, we should ban guns? Or anything?

I call bullsh*t on you.

Morrissey's point is clear: if you're appalled by this specific act of violence, then you should be appalled by all acts of violence. There's nothing wrong with saying that now, any more than it is for the friggin' PM of Norway to say "we're going to react to these attacks with love" and "more democracy" etc.

This was a political attack. People react to such things -- guess what? -- politically! (Cf. 9/11/01.)

You all need to look into the mirror a bit more, if you can see through the sanctimonious horseshit overflowing in your eyes.

He has not lost it, thank god. I am looking forward to new record as always.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom