Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^
This has to be those most contradictory statement ever written ...

Is it? It was claimed here that Morrissey cared about souls. If he really did, he would not mislead so many. He is not honest or as one vocal mason on this website called it over and over again "subversive".

More outrage and hysteria. Really, people, threats of death, burning cds in the streets, eating meat after several years vegitarianism? Even coming out and saying these things, makes any kind of comments made a gig seem tame. All of you people claiming to be making threats on behalf of the families and friend of those who died are way over the top. Do you think the parents, husbands, wives of those murdered feel any worse today because Morrissey said what he did last week? Of course not. I don't think any one of them is giving a monkeys about Morrissey or his intro to "meat is murder" right now.

No, I think this is something different altogether. What Morrissey said has been out there all week with no one being offended by it . As soon as the papers catch up, five days later, all hell breaks loose. Clearly there are many many on here who have never heard of Morrissey, don't know his music, his views on animals etc. but are incenced by everything about him. So much so that all common sense and composure has completely deserted them. Who is doing most damage to the people of Norway.

Equally for all of those "fans since 198.....) who are so affronted by him, well, fill your bins with items you have spent your money on, turn off your tvs if he appears and don't go to his shows, those of us who get him will be there, because we understand, we don't always agree, but no-one always agrees with their friends/families (and no I know he's not my friend!), but we don't feel the need to use foul language, even demand death every time they have an opinion that differs from our own. Do you seriously feel such hatred for someone you once claim to have loved and respected. (or anyone for that matter) If so, well, close the door on your way out, you won't be missed.

This is true.

did u ever concider that some of those kids were vegetarians/vegans? would it still be ok to kill them in that case?

Wow, are you dumb or what? I think that the point is that violence in general (whether inflicted against humans or animals) is the same. Have you not heard the theory that how we, as society, treat animals is directly related to how we treat each other as human beings?

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." -
-- Ted Nugent

A simple question Morrissey: Is the killing of a fly or a spider as bad as killing a human beeing?

Where is the famous norwegian 'we stand together love' go?? I'm norwegian too and as I feel for all the victims in the shooting, I find it almost unreal, like most people i'm in shock. BUT, why so angry and hateful when Mor says the truth? Yes, everyday animals are killed and tortured and live in horrific fear, and nobody cares, as long as they get their burger. It doesn't mean we think the victims in norway are chickens, - it means open your eyes, its not only humans who suffers, but we don't like to be compared whith the animals, do we? No, - because we are so special - we are humans after all. Thinking we stand on top of everything, close to God, - the animals, not like us ( humans made that rule, of course ). Mor isn't attacking the victims, he just se the horrors for those who can't talk. Welcome to Norway.

Compassionate and well spoken Norway!

nah, i don't even eat meat, but that doesn't mean i can't punch someone in the face. i like Conflict and i think yer punchline is lame.

Now you are full of hate. I am not hating. Also, Morisay/Morrisey/Morisey but especially MORRISSEY is not hating.

Love and take care

«Scandinavia»

«I despise each syllable in Scandinavia. Let the people burn, let their children cry and die in blind asylum»

A screwd lov and care Youtr hero got!!!

I hope Morrisey dies so we can eat his legs. What an idiot.

Oh yeah, Reading Festival tickets are on sale

AHHHH See Morrissey is lovely isn't he?

How can he be a bad person if he cares so much about animals?

People should think before they slag him off, he's lovely.

Wow, are you dumb or what? I think that the point is that violence in general (whether inflicted against humans or animals) is the same. Have you not heard the theory that how we, as society, treat animals is directly related to how we treat each other as human beings?

nah, i don't even eat meat, but that doesn't mean i can't punch someone in the face. i like Conflict so I think the punchline is lame.

«Scandinavia»

«I despise each syllable in Scandinavia. Let the people burn, let their children cry and die in blind asylum»

A screwd lov and care Youtr hero got!!!

Its a song about love and crime. Ever heard of poetry "Silly girl" or anything else than Britney Spears?

^^^^^^
This has to be those most contradictory statement ever written ...

Upfollowing words behind statements, por f***ing favor. Or is this like a "Morrissey-fan-thingy" - to say something and f***ing hide?

Bullshit. Do some research. Another urban myth that gets thrown around by people who can't manage to put together any meaningful argument or debate.

The point is (I guess): Vegetarians are not necessarily nice and loving persons. Hitler preached vegetarianism and he was vegetarian most of his life and - he was not a nice man... Morrissey is definitely NOT Hitler, but Morrissey beeing a vegan is not making him human or nice.

f*** you Morrissey.
First of all, the name of the people how was killed in Norway was publish long time before you wrote your statement.
If you have children, you should know how important kids are, but you give a shit. My guess is you don't have any, and/if you have kids you value them as chicken!
If there is someone that quietly needs to by led away then that person is you. I hope radio stations around the world will do that.
I can promise you that that I will never listen to your music again.
Your voice is not welcome in my house.
f*** you ones again.

Omar Richter.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom