Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey, I think it's time to call it a day. Get off the stage and keep your opinions to yourself before you hurt more people. Cancel your gigs, give ticket refunds and call it a day... go home, read a book and for the love of God: keep quiet!
I agree, he should go away quietly, stop speaking such vile things, obviously his fame has detached and de-humanized him,he has always been seduced by the shallow pursuit of fame, he should find another way of life.Putting animals before people shows how he has not grown,using Norways pain as a framing device a means to an end a sick opportunity to garner publicity, exploiting tragedy is not clever brave or daring,no-one is inspired by such awfulness,he is in the limelight in the public eye where he adores to be but looks disgraceful and everyone but him knows it.He has been humoured for far too long.Can't he read-historically it's before his eyes- stop,shut up, go away, you disgusting opportunist.

Morrissey cares more about animals than he does about people.
He has been telling us this for some 28 years now, has anyone been listening?

Some of the words he chose to make his point this time around might have been a tad clumsy, however he has nothing to apologise for.

Moz is not perfect and he never claimed to be, he has however very strong beliefs and he will stand up and express those beliefs regardless of whom he might upset.

Nothing new here really...

'If you don't like him, don't look at him'

The most frightning thing about both the killer AND moris (no..not the car..) is that they both live in their bubble, and think they can say and to to the rest of the world whatever they think in thier own bubble i sright.. they both dont give a damd and they both do it to get most publicety and "fame".. so moris have found hies mate.. his buddy and mentor! Scary part 2.. is that the killer here in Norway did not have anny followers.. moris got a handfull, and what kinda damange can they all togheter do? Well, a start comparing slaughterd children with slaughterd animals.. gee.. You lot most be proud!! Living in Your bubble..

if he makes the same point in London and refers to theLondon bombings I see your point.

He is plugging a song of his too. What a disgusting man . Disgusting.

No, Mike Joyce (aka Mike Gross) is disgusting. Morrissey on the other hand is beautiful. He is perfect, he is an Angel.

And I Love him
Kate2828

Where is the famous norwegian 'we stand together love' go?? I'm norwegian too and as I feel for all the victims in the shooting, I find it almost unreal, like most people i'm in shock. BUT, why so angry and hateful when Mor says the truth? Yes, everyday animals are killed and tortured and live in horrific fear, and nobody cares, as long as they get their burger. It doesn't mean we think the victims in norway are chickens, - it means open your eyes, its not only humans who suffers, but we don't like to be compared whith the animals, do we? No, - because we are so special - we are humans after all. Thinking we stand on top of everything, close to God, - the animals, not like us ( humans made that rule, of course ). Mor isn't attacking the victims, he just se the horrors for those who can't talk. Welcome to Norway.

You are NOT a Norwegian.. so why prentend??

And moris is NOT welcome to Norway!! NO WAY!!

Just wanted to check what Morrissey might have said about the London terror attack and this is what I found:

Were you in Rome on July 7th 2005, when the terror attacks in London happened?

I was in Rome. Nothing that happened surprised me in the least. Before the bombing happened Blair had stayed suspiciously silent for a very long time, but then he made his pompous statements that London could just go on existing like it always had. It’s very easy to claim a thing like that. He doesn’t need to take the subway or the bus; he’s not alone on the streets. No matter where he goes, he’s always under protection. Blair doesn’t care for people, who voted him. Just like Bush, he’s a complete egoist.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/56771-new-Morrissey-interview-in-Austrian-magazine

----

Funny how Morrissey criticises Blair for not caring for people, 'cos if there's one person who doesn't seem to care for people it's Morrissey himself.

Mankind has farmed and eaten meat since day one of its existence. And although i see that some types of farming are cruel (battery chickens for e.g.) i am an omnivore and will eat meat. Morrisey should try and engage his brain before opening his mouth.

Good luck with your next show in Norway, wont be beer in those pints raining over you!

Ohh.. I`m so glad that i DONT understand history and relations between morisey and his so cold (yepp right word..freezing cold) fans..

THAT sic I`m NOT!!

morisay is shrinking..LOOK HE LOST ONE R TO!!! Soon he is gone.. WHO is gone???

Now you are full of hate. I am not hating. Also, Morisay/Morrisey/Morisey but especially MORRISSEY is not hating.

Love and take care

This guy is insane, completly stupid bastard!!!

We are all shocked abouth this slaughter in norway and this crasy idiot uses it for promoting his wiered vegetarian ideas? There is a huge difference between killing people an eating animals. I know that vegetarians cant understand that but this gut should shut his mouth and f*** up!

Learn to spell!

It's hard to admit the truth...
thanks for your statement MOZ

Good statement, Moz. I understood what you meant the first time.

His statement will not help one single animal - only hurt the mourners! Morrissey is sick and needs help. Using a concert as a platform to spread his extremist views by comparing it to the Norway massacre is insane. His apology was banal.

Well I think he made his point quite elloqiently second time round. Regardless of the names of the victims the glamorisation of the assailant is disgusting and if this wasn't given then maybe less incidents like this would occur. No fame no point?

In terms of the meat thing I personally do eat meat and dont share morrissey's anti meat eating stance, but if you believe in something like this as passionately about it as he does then you do see it as abhorrent, he at no point said the murders of these poor people was acceptable did he?

His statement will not help one single animal - only hurt the mourners! Morrissey is sick and needs help. Using a concert as a platform to spread his extremist views by comparing it to the Norway massacre is insane. His apology was banal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Morrissey himself glamorize/romanticise a Jack The Ripper character in the song of that name? " No-one knows a thing about my life/I can come and go as I please?"
Or am I just a gibbering f***wit?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom