Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The recent morrisey (it spells NOT with capital M!! ) statement about killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give morriey exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were insulted - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn morrisey into a total looser .... and repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of Norwegians are deeply in sorrow, and these comments are just in order to fund profits and media for morrisey, because he are a to coward being, to stand up an give a apology, instead we are asked by him to feel indifferent about his insults, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror of morrieys words. You cannot ignore that animal who gives a nation more suffering simply because he don’t know how to address a sensitive issue as 92 brutally murdered children in a human way!

I thought it very revealing that the killer wore a masonic uniform on the pictures that were published of him. He could not have been clearer what his background was, also his stated favourite literature speaks volumes. He is far from being a fundamental Christian like the Norwegian police classified him. The question is, why did the Norwegian police do so, when you can expect special forces to know about the fundamental difference. Their classification was repeated by newspapers whose journalists attended the last Bilderberg meeting. Unsubscribed from one of the major newspapers and told them that I expect different reporting. If they get things so fundamentally wrong even though they know better, I won't give them my money to do their false work and spread their misinformation. Now I'd like to have more information on the victims, because what I find quite interesting is that the guy did not kill all and one woman was reported to have begged him not to kill her and he did not. I do not think Morrissey is the one speak of people searching false fame given the attention he gives to seriously strange attention seekers at his concerts and otherwise.

---

It's not that he needed to explain what he meant. I think we all got it the first time 'round. I also think no one here is surprised that he'd make a comment like that, because yes, he's made several stupid comments before.

It's just that the timing of his comment is so exceptionally bad and the argument not very well articulated. It seems to me that it's the combination of the timing/clumsy wording that some people are reacting to. We all know Morrissey lives to be 'provocative' and 'different' and 'misunderstood' - hell, it's probably the only joy he has in life (!).

I don't agree that Morrissey is especially intelligent. He's reasonably intelligent and he has a great sense of humour and a brilliant voice. But he's certainly not 'probably the most intelligent pop star who has made it big.' Perhaps the reason some people 'are now attacking him for the very qualities that they once lauded him for' is that they feel cheated that he in fact ISN'T as intelligent as they once gave him credit for?!?! Not that that would be any news at this point.

By the way, I LOVE his voice and I saw him in concert recently in Denmark and thought he was great. I still find him pretty amusing at times and can appreciate some of his ramblings. But 'statements' like this one, no matter how much I agree that we should treat animals better, is not a good example of either his intelligence, humour or even activism. It just makes him look stupid and out of touch with the world and thus diminishing the point he's trying to make in the first place - in my opinion.

If you don't think Morrissey is especially intelligent, you should read his earlier interviews. He is certainly the most articulate pop star of all-time both verbally and musically. Creating intelligent pop music itself requires vast talent but there's much more to Morrissey than his music. Yes, he doesn't come across as quite the same young intellectual these days as he did in 1983. But he remains highly intelligent, just a bit bruised and battered.

I also love his voice. It gets better with age.

Finally I think you're confusing intelligence with common sense. Common sense is for idiots (ie 90% of people). According to common sense, what Morrissey said is insane - I agree - and so 90% of people will condemn him. But highly intelligent people realise common sense does not exist - it's merely the thinking of the herd.

As long as Morrissey can support his argument, he is intelligent - more so than most who frankly cannot support anything they say.

A lot of quasi-educated lower middle class university graduates waffle on about their education when it is nothing of the sort - it's brainwashing applied like bleach down the drains. Agreeing with everyone else doesn't make you intelligent, and disagreeing with received wisdom doesn't make you dumb!

A lot of you all say you’re not going to be “fans” because of this? Rubbish. That is absolutely ridiculous. Everything Morrissey said is Right, True, and Accurate. Not to mention perfect. Morrissey and I repeat nothing that Morrissey said is out of context.

The real truth is this. The NME’s 2007’s libelous lies and poisonous letters are responsible for all of this – all of it. And all of your other bullshit on here. Isn’t it?

I Love You Morrissey

Kate2828

Why didnt he just say this from the beginning and leave the animal stuff alone. We all kmow how he feels by now. Hes just as bad as people who shove religion down peoples throats. Morrissey just shut up and sing.

No, it's not called a false analogy. The analogy is correct but you disagree with the premise upon which is based, which is the premise that the division between humans and animals is arbitrary and deeply flawed. Or that the definition of murder legally (ie, the killing of a human being) is insufficient.

The premises would be:
Human beings are animals.
The difference between humans and animals are of degree, not kind. Many animals (apes, whales, dolphins) are capable of self awareness. Many animals (apes, ravens, crows) are capable of using tools, etc.
Our laws and language create a sharp division between humans and animals that does not reflect with reality.
Etc.

Again, it's not flawed logic. You simple disagree with the premises upon which it is based.

Morrissey's "explanation" is a false analogy because in his statement he does nothing to prove that "a being" and "a human being" or "killing" and "murder" are identical in a moral sense.

Nor do you, for that matter. Nothing of what you say about the distinction (I presume you mean "the distinction in a moral sense") between humans and animals being arbitrary and flawed withstands the test of logic. The same can be said about the different actions that we're talking about here (murdering humans for some private conviction on the one hand and killing animals for consumption on the other hand).

I can understand your sympathy for animals (I'm also convinced we have a certain moral obligation towards them), but this whole debate is purely emotional and devoid of any logic.

And I wanna know why Morrissey and the NME have not gone to court for this yet. Haves cannot stand have nots. The NME in that 2007 libelous article regarding Morrissey and immigration, I mean the NME demonstrated that they are carnivorous conspirers. If it does go to court, Morrissey shall win of course. Which is only as it should be. Also everything that Morrissey said about McDonalds and KFC was said beautifully. Every single word that Morrissey said I agree with. He is so sensitive, caring, kind, and compassionate.

Kate2828

The recent morrisey (it spells NOT with capital M!! ) statement about killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give morriey exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were insulted - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn morrisey into a total looser .... and repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of Norwegians are deeply in sorrow, and these comments are just in order to fund profits and media for morrisey, because he are a to coward being, to stand up an give a apology, instead we are asked by him to feel indifferent about his insults, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror of morrieys words. You cannot ignore that animal who gives a nation more suffering simply because he don’t know how to address a sensitive issue as 92 brutally murdered children in a human way!
Morrissey is a name and hence spelled with capitol M. It is also spelled with two "s". What happened in Norway is tragic and my deepest thoughts to you. But this Will not make his fans stop loving him. If you knew the history and relation between MORRISSEY and his fans, and who Morrissey is, you would understand.
Peace and love from Sweden

All very 'well' (not really). But there's no apology for the insensitive timing of the comment. And also he's wrong. The names of the victims have been/are being published. It just takes a while to identify them and notify the families before they're are officially named. And by comparing the Norwegian murderer (who shouldn't be named) to Jack The Ripper Morrissey actually manages to contradict the point he's trying to make about the how the murderer shouldn't be treated as anyone of any importance (btw, I agree with this point, but I don't think Morrissey is making it in a very clever way at all).

I'm quite positively sure that Morrissey isn't evil and that he's possibly affected by what happened in Norway (to the extent he is able to be affected by anything which I fear isn't much) but to make that comparison is still showing a lack of intelligence and a lack of feeling with the world around him. But I guess in Morrissey's mind he IS the world.

To repeat myself from an earlier post. If Morrissey compares the tragedy of the people killed in Norway to the tragedy of animals being slaughtered every day (and that IS a tragedy too) then he should also have compared the murder of his cousin that he mentioned at a concert a few years ago in the same manner. Until he does that, I can't really accept this vague 'explanation' from Morrissey. Not that he cares what I think of course.
He is plugging a song of his too. What a disgusting man . Disgusting.

Hey Morrissey: Your right! Animals are not us. Their Better! Animals don't lie, cheat or steal. Not even a mother rat kicks out or aborts it's kids. Animals have been my best friends. They are so appreciative and return the love I have willingly given and so loyal. Thanks for standing up for our best friends Morrissey. 5 % of people used to be the problem. Now, 5% of people are worth saving.

In answer to Road Hog -

If you don't think Morrissey is especially intelligent, you should read his earlier interviews.

I have read and enjoyed many Morrissey interviews over the years. I think he's funny and not unintelligent, but not as intelligent as he seems to believe he is.

---

He is certainly the most articulate pop star of all-time both verbally and musically.

No he isn't. David Bowie, Neil Tennant, Bob Dylan and I'm sure several others, come to mind.

---

Creating intelligent pop music itself requires vast talent but there's much more to Morrissey than his music.

I would sincerely hope so, since he doesn't actually write his own music. He writes lyrics and, I guess, vocal lines.

---

Yes, he doesn't come across as quite the same young intellectual these days as he did in 1983. But he remains highly intelligent, just a bit bruised and battered.

I wasn't thinking back to 1983 at all, but I just want to say that I don't think he's NOT intelligent, I just don't think he's THAT intelligent. I guess he's of average or maybe slightly above average intelligence - and that's fine, nothing wrong with that.

---

I also love his voice. It gets better with age.

Yes, it's awesome isn't it?!

---

Finally I think you're confusing intelligence with common sense. Common sense is for idiots (ie 90% of people). According to common sense, what Morrissey said is insane - I agree - and so 90% of people will condemn him. But highly intelligent people realise common sense does not exist - it's merely the thinking of the herd.

No I'm not confusing common sense with intelligence, but since you mention it, let's throw that word into the mix as well.

---

As long as Morrissey can support his argument, he is intelligent - more so than most who frankly cannot support anything they say.

But that's the problem, I don't really think he can support his argument. It becomes some sort of waffle that just undermines some otherwise good points that he comes up with now and again.

---

A lot of quasi-educated lower middle class university graduates waffle on about their education when it is nothing of the sort - it's brainwashing applied like bleach down the drains. Agreeing with everyone else doesn't make you intelligent, and disagreeing with received wisdom doesn't make you dumb!

I hope that's not aimed at me. I haven't mentioned my education at all. Maybe 'agreeing with everyone else doesn't make you intelligent' I agree you're right (btw, it's impossible to agree with 'everyone else' on Morrissey-Solo, since 'everyone' seems to have so many different opinions). I also agree that 'disagreeing with received wisdom doesn't make you dumb' - but it doesn't necessarily make you intelligent, wise, interesting either.

Last edited:
Morrissey is a name and hence spelled with capitol M. It is also spelled with two "s". What happened in Norway is tragic and my deepest thoughts to you. But this Will not make his fans stop loving him. If you knew the history and relation between MORRISSEY and his fans, and who Morrissey is, you would understand.
Peace and love from Sweden

Ohh.. I`m so glad that i DONT understand history and relations between morisey and his so cold (yepp right word..freezing cold) fans..

THAT sic I`m NOT!!

morisay is shrinking..LOOK HE LOST ONE R TO!!! Soon he is gone.. WHO is gone???

More outrage and hysteria. Really, people, threats of death, burning cds in the streets, eating meat after several years vegitarianism? Even coming out and saying these things, makes any kind of comments made a gig seem tame. All of you people claiming to be making threats on behalf of the families and friend of those who died are way over the top. Do you think the parents, husbands, wives of those murdered feel any worse today because Morrissey said what he did last week? Of course not. I don't think any one of them is giving a monkeys about Morrissey or his intro to "meat is murder" right now.

No, I think this is something different altogether. What Morrissey said has been out there all week with no one being offended by it . As soon as the papers catch up, five days later, all hell breaks loose. Clearly there are many many on here who have never heard of Morrissey, don't know his music, his views on animals etc. but are incenced by everything about him. So much so that all common sense and composure has completely deserted them. Who is doing most damage to the people of Norway.

Equally for all of those "fans since 198.....) who are so affronted by him, well, fill your bins with items you have spent your money on, turn off your tvs if he appears and don't go to his shows, those of us who get him will be there, because we understand, we don't always agree, but no-one always agrees with their friends/families (and no I know he's not my friend!), but we don't feel the need to use foul language, even demand death every time they have an opinion that differs from our own. Do you seriously feel such hatred for someone you once claim to have loved and respected. (or anyone for that matter) If so, well, close the door on your way out, you won't be missed.

Where is the famous norwegian 'we stand together love' go?? I'm norwegian too and as I feel for all the victims in the shooting, I find it almost unreal, like most people i'm in shock. BUT, why so angry and hateful when Mor says the truth? Yes, everyday animals are killed and tortured and live in horrific fear, and nobody cares, as long as they get their burger. It doesn't mean we think the victims in norway are chickens, - it means open your eyes, its not only humans who suffers, but we don't like to be compared whith the animals, do we? No, - because we are so special - we are humans after all. Thinking we stand on top of everything, close to God, - the animals, not like us ( humans made that rule, of course ). Mor isn't attacking the victims, he just se the horrors for those who can't talk. Welcome to Norway.

The only thing this "clarification" says is that Moz really doesn't give a f***. The names of the dead has been known for several days, even their history is very much to the extent that THE VICTIMS FAMILY AGREE ON. There is no reason to try to explain, he simply doesn't care (as if that was a shock to anyone).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom