Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
And you’re an idiot. First, of all the NME did misrepresent and misquote him and they are going to pay for what they’ve done.
Secondly, Morrissey is not prejudice. He isn’t a racist.

Kate2828

Right, so when is the day of reckoning going to be, Kate? I know the wheels of justice turn slowly in the UK, but nearly four years have passed since he said he was gonna institute legal proceedings against the NME. I think you need to face the fact that the NME's portrayal of Morrissey as a small-minded xenophobe was fair and that he's had to drop his case.

Oh dear.

Right, so when is the day of reckoning going to be, Kate? I know the wheels of justice turn slowly in the UK, but nearly four years have passed since he said he was gonna institute legal proceedings against the NME. I think you need to face the fact that the NME's portrayal of Morrissey as a small-minded xenophobe was fair and that he's had to drop his case.

Oh dear.

Good things come to those who wait

Kate2828

They published an article in 2007 whereby they wrote about Morrissey and his views on immigration where they libeled and slandered him

Kate2828

I'm sorry, Kate, but Morrissey didn't prove that the NME were guilty of defamation. It's all very unfortunate.

It was obvious, in my opinion, that Moz's words were going to shock; most people are not even prepared to value animals life. It's a sad fact, as it is the eager for scandals and 'blood' of the press; always ready to judge, deform and amplify words that could help sellings and arise populisms...

I note that you have not dealt with any of the cogent arguments posted by Wayneclooney.

You played the man, not the ball.
I suspect because the post was the one of the best that I have read on this thread.

I'd deal with your counter-arguments. But, ... wait ... , there are none. Just abuse. Well done, you.

Oh don't worry about Paul. He's always angry when someone smarter than him makes a good point beautifully. Wayneclooney is Brummieboy? He's as articulate as he is witty.

Oh don't worry about Paul. He's always angry when someone smarter than him makes a good point beautifully. Wayneclooney is Brummieboy? He's as articulate as he is witty.

Previously he admitted that he was Brummieboy when he first wrote under wayneclooney. I agree with you that Brummieboy is witty and intellectual. I know him from Birmingham.

I really love Morrissey's music, however, I can't help it. I still love steak.

I also see no differnce in killing, if it´s an animal or a human being, it´s always evil ! What if we were canibals, would it be ok to kill somebody if we eat him afterwards, just because we think we have to survive? We don´t need to kill animals, we like to do it, cause we (humans) think it´s so tasty! That´s killing by purpose, so it´s murder! Humans are "just" intelligent apes. We are also animals. But because we´re more intelligent we have to know it better. The only species I can think about, which is able to destroy the whole planet is us! Think about it! Maybe we´re only a very bad mistake of evolution...

I also see no differnce in killing, if it´s an animal or a human being, it´s always evil ! What if we were canibals, would it be ok to kill somebody if we eat him afterwards, just because we think we have to survive? We don´t need to kill animals, we like to do it, cause we (humans) think it´s so tasty! That´s killing by purpose, so it´s murder! Humans are "just" intelligent apes. We are also animals. But because we´re more intelligent we have to know it better. The only species I can think about, which is able to destroy the whole planet is us! Think about it! Maybe we´re only a very bad mistake of evolution...

Here, let me help you:

"Murder":
noun
Definition
the crime of intentionally killing a person (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/murder_1?q=murder)

"Mur·der" [mur-der]:
noun
Law . the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/murder)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom