Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no excuse to not apologise to the people of norway and the families of those who died, other than your own self righteousness and stubbornness .

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I could not agree more. Say sorry Morrissey. It takes guts to be gentle, and kind.

I still LOVE Morrissey because he´s a real vegetarian, not like many of you who become veg after heard "Meat Is Murder" or only for fashion, and YES MORRISSEY IS A HUMAN, NOT A PERFECT GOD.

PLEASE SEE YOURSELVES IN A MIRROR AND THINK ABOUT IT.

P.S. SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.

Back peddling a bit. Morrissey just go away already! I wish you were on that Norwegian island or being served at KFC & McDonald's instead of those innocent children or chickens or steers.

robertboyracer

I'm not sure what's worse here. Could it be the endless moon-speak, the illiteracy, or the idiots who are bleating "OMG he is Hitler and said those children were chickens who should be killed!".

Regardless of what's worse, he has a point. Tell me idiots - how many people died in the camps at Darfur this week? How many of you are raging, and frothing, and wanking up a storm over them?

Yeah, as I expected. Blank looks.

Yeah Norway, a very bad thing happened but nobody is denying that. Nobody (apart from Glen Beck) said it wasn't a terrible tragedy, but thousands of people are massacred every single week all over the world, and yet the media says nothing, people say nothing, they go unmourned. How many IRA victims did you cry over? How many Afghanis, Iraqis or Hutu have you mourned?

Hypocrites. Now f*** off back to the youtube comment section, where you belong.

To the 'NEWS FLASH' commenter - you may think you can speak english, but you can't. Also, your anti-psychotics appear to have worn off. Your favourite dish seems to be word-salad.

I understood Morrissey's message and i agree with him
He didn't say the lives of those who were murdered in Norway are less important than animal's lives,he just compare both things as brutality anf cruelty
Seems Morrissey have or had millions of fans,but just few knows his essence.He always fought for animal rights,since the Smiths era,people are treating him like a criminal just because he's defending his point of view
Society talks about this eco shit movement wich is an hipocrisy,but nobody mentions or defend relevant points that can change things to better.
Human beings doesn't respect life in its essence,only human life matters,and this is a mistake
I wouldn't waste time with this issue Moz,it's too much wisdom for a bunch of assholes that knows nothing about anything

a bit rich from some commenters on here, so mozz puts animal life on parr with human life, i dont own a dog, but many in the uk do, and the lengths some owners go with there shit machine's is unbelieveable, but thats there choice. and who care's when people are die-ing everyday in afghanistan and iraq, innocent people from uk/usa bullets, yes you turn the other way then, long live mozz

Maybe some proud Norwegians can show Morrissey some Viking culture.

"In our lifetime those who kill, the news world hands them stardom...."

Lentil plants are senient beings as well.
Brutely killed ("harvested" - how creepy).

Savagely cut down and stripped bare while still alive.
All to feed Morrisseys exer expanding girth.

Harvesting is Murder, surely.

Way off topic, what has happened to the Wolfie Dog cruising with his master, in "The importance of being Morrissey".

Has anyone asked its opinion on the most recent controversy......woaf woaf......woaf...grhhhh. :eek:

I'm not sure what's worse here. Could it be the endless moon-speak, the illiteracy, or the idiots who are bleating "OMG he is Hitler and said those children were chickens who should be killed!".

Regardless of what's worse, he has a point. Tell me idiots - how many people died in the camps at Darfur this week? How many of you are raging, and frothing, and wanking up a storm over them?

Yeah, as I expected. Blank looks.

Yeah Norway, a very bad thing happened but nobody is denying that. Nobody (apart from Glen Beck) said it wasn't a terrible tragedy, but thousands of people are massacred every single week all over the world, and yet the media says nothing, people say nothing, they go unmourned. How many IRA victims did you cry over? How many Afghanis, Iraqis or Hutu have you mourned?

Hypocrites. Now f*** off back to the youtube comment section, where you belong.

To the 'NEWS FLASH' commenter - you may think you can speak english, but you can't. Also, your anti-psychotics appear to have worn off. Your favourite dish seems to be word-salad.

What an utterly pathetic strawman argument. Using human life, no less. Nice touch, champ.

Morrissey brings down the values human life and compares it to animals. No-one is talking Darfur, you cretin. Morrissey is saying the life of a chicken is of the same value to that of a person. And it seems that you agree with him.

I think Morrissey's words are very well said and thought out. He really shouldn't have to explain anyway as we all know exactly what he meant in the first place - we know how passionate he is about animals. However, I think a lot of people just want to drag him down as far as they can - no matter what he says. There is nothing wrong with viewing the lives of animals and people equally. He told you straight out how he felt about the murderer, and then he told you basically that it is insane not to question the daily slaughter of millions of animals. In short, if you have a heart, you'll not only feel the pain for those poor people in Norway...or the thousands of people who are harmed or murdered daily all over the world, but you'll also feel sadness and pain for the animals who die as well. Good grief - what's SO WRONG ABOUT THAT??

Morrissey is RIGHT to say what he did. He should keep his chin up. This is seriously NOTHING NEW coming from him.

Now, a few words from some pretty popular and inspirational people who would completely agree with Morrissey's statement...

"Animals cannot speak, but can you and I not speak for them and represent them? Let us all feel their silent cry of agony and let us all help that cry to be heard in the world." ~Rukmini Devi Arundale

"I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. I have done something," He replied. "I created you." ~The Animals' Savior Copyright Jim Willis 1999

"Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of worthless human life". ~ Albert Schweitzer

"Kindness to animals and respect for all life are the only meaningful foundation for a civilized world." ~ Michael Mountain

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" ~Gandhi (1869-1948)

And, especially for Morrissey:
...there comes a time when one must take a position, that it is neither safe, nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him that it is right..." ~ Martin Luther King

Many of the comments here simply show the ignorance of our world. Morrissey is not infallible, but he simply is trying to draw attention to the fact that humans should feel compassion about ALL murderous acts, regardless if the victims are humans or other beings. Shame on those who spew hate when Morrissey is simply trying to advocate for awareness. And for those of you who condemn Morrissey are you no better than the killer himself, condemning others for their difference of opinion and view of the world?

I think Morrissey's words are very well said and thought out. He really shouldn't have to explain anyway as we all know exactly what he meant in the first place - we know how passionate he is about animals. However, I think a lot of people just want to drag him down as far as they can - no matter what he says. There is nothing wrong with viewing the lives of animals and people equally. He told you straight out how he felt about the murderer, and then he told you basically that it is insane not to question the daily slaughter of millions of animals. In short, if you have a heart, you'll not only feel the pain for those poor people in Norway...or the thousands of people who are harmed or murdered daily all over the world, but you'll also feel sadness and pain for the animals who die as well. Good grief - what's SO WRONG ABOUT THAT??

Morrissey is RIGHT to say what he did. He should keep his chin up. This is seriously NOTHING NEW coming from him.

Now, a few words from some pretty popular and inspirational people who would completely agree with Morrissey's statement...

"Animals cannot speak, but can you and I not speak for them and represent them? Let us all feel their silent cry of agony and let us all help that cry to be heard in the world." ~Rukmini Devi Arundale

"I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. I have done something," He replied. "I created you." ~The Animals' Savior Copyright Jim Willis 1999

"Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of worthless human life". ~ Albert Schweitzer

"Kindness to animals and respect for all life are the only meaningful foundation for a civilized world." ~ Michael Mountain

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" ~Gandhi (1869-1948)

And, especially for Morrissey:
...there comes a time when one must take a position, that it is neither safe, nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him that it is right..." ~ Martin Luther King

None of the quotes equate human life to animal life.

Like Morrissey did.

And the idiot compared the two and said the Norway outrage was "nothing" compared to the animals.

Squirm all you like, but Morrissey has a very strange moral compass - and one of which the vast majority would find repugnant and vile.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom