Morrissey: Norway massacre is "nothing" compared to the actions of fast food chains

Once again he shoots himself in the foot.

Morrissey: 'Norway Attacks Nothing Compared To Actions Of Fast Good Giants' - Gigwise
He claims...

Morrissey has courted criticism after he reportedly compared the actions of fast food companies to the recent attacks in Norway.

At least 76 people died last week in two separate attacks which were both orchestrated by far-right extremist Anders Behring Breivik.

Morrissey, a staunch vegetarian, made reference the massacre during a performance in at Stodola Club in Warsaw, Poland earlier this week, according to the Daily Mirror.

Before playing The Smiths' song 'Meat is Murder', he is quoted as saying: “We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead.

“Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Sh*t every day.”

Video footage of Morrissey performing the song has been published on YouTube, but it omits his alleged introduction.

Morrissey's comment is the latest in a string of outbursts in recent months, many of which have focussed on animal welfare.

Link from Tingle3:

Morrissey says Norway massacre is "nothing" compared to the actions of fast food chains - Daily Mirror
by Ashleigh Rainbird

MORRISSEY has sparked outrage after saying the tragedy in Norway was “nothing” compared to the actions of fast food chains.

The controversial singer, 52, made his remark while on stage at a gig in Warsaw on Sunday night.

Before launching into his hit Meat is Murder, the outspoken vegetarian made reference to the horrific events last Friday.

Referring to the death toll as thought at the time he said: “We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried S*** every day.”

Two nights earlier the singer introduced the same song with another lambasting of the brands.

Gig-goers took to his fan sites to condemn the his outburst. One wrote: “The killing of children compared to KFC & McDonald’s?!!! What an ass****!”

Another wrote: “I really don’t know if that is *forgivable? Or of any use to the vegetarian cause?”

A spokesman said last night: “Morrissey has decided not to comment any further as he believes his statement speaks for itself.”

Update 10/18/2011:

Sistasheila posted the link to the video and actual words spoken during the concert:

"Despite the love, we do live on a murderous planet,
as you will have seen over the last few days in Norway.
Murder murder murder.
But really, every single day, worse things happen in KFC and McDonalds.
Murder, murder, murder, murder, murder..."

Link from inourbritches:
Morrissey: 'McDonald's, KFC worse than Norway massacre' - Digital Spy

Also, links posted by anonymous persons in the Warsaw post-show:
Meat biz worse than Norway: Morrissey - LFPress / Wenn.com
Morrissey lekceważąco o norweskiej tragedii - Interia.pl
Morrissey: – Massakren i Norge er ingenting mot massakren på Mc Donald's hver dag - tv2.no

80s Icon in Hot Water, a Facebook Status Leads To an Arrest, and a Whale Thanks its Rescuers in a Touching Way - Yahoo! News blog. Link from Desert Bee.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.infowars.com/evidence-shows-norway-terror-attack-a-false-flag/
http://www.infowars.com/gm-human-animal-hybrids-emerging-market-for-organs-babies-pharma/
I think both of these links show that, beyond face value, Morrissey's statement is true, based on whether you view the first article as more evil than the actions of the meat/food industry. As well, these are only the tip of the iceberg, but I don't think Morrissey is that politically conscious. I implore everyone to explore infowars and become more aware of the world's political climate.

Morrissey's message concering animal welfare is consistent. Whether you agree with it or not. Perhaps he could have dedicated a song to Amy f---ing Winehouse instead (like a certain U2 and the boys did, the same song they'd dedicated to Michael Hutchence when he died wan*ing) rather than address real issues. Even if you feel outrage about the way he presented his argument to allegedly court controversy.

"For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love."
Pythagoras

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men."
Leonardo da Vinci

"If a group of beings from another planet were to land on Earth -- beings who considered themselves as superior to you as you feel yourself to be to other animals -- would you concede them the rights over you that you assume over other animals?"
George Bernard Shaw

"Our task must be to free ourselves . . . by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Albert Einstein

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
"To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."
Mahatma Gandhi

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
Thomas Edison, inventor

Morrissey has shot himself in the foot.

his leather bound, made from dead cow, foot.

Re: Article: Morrissey: Norway massacre is "nothing" compared to the actions of fast

http://www.infowars.com/evidence-shows-norway-terror-attack-a-false-flag/
http://www.infowars.com/gm-human-animal-hybrids-emerging-market-for-organs-babies-pharma/
I think both of these links show that, beyond face value, Morrissey's statement is true, based on whether you view the first article as more evil than the actions of the meat/food industry. As well, these are only the tip of the iceberg, but I don't think Morrissey is that politically conscious. I implore everyone to explore infowars and become more aware of the world's political climate.

www.petakillsanimals.com

www.petakillsanimals.com

www.petakillsanimals.com

If Morrisay ever come to Norway, he will be give propper care, we have some of the best hospitals for such sic peopel like him.. free care, straitjacket inclusive, no cost..

Re: Article: Morrissey: Norway massacre is "nothing" compared to the actions of fast

"If a group of beings from another planet were to land on Earth -- beings who considered themselves as superior to you as you feel yourself to be to other animals -- would you concede them the rights over you that you assume over other animals?"
George Bernard Shaw]

That GBS quote is the one that turned my wife vegetarian. And she's stuck to it, and I'm proud of her.

P.

I am appalled.... Not at Morrissey at all. But at all the people who act like this is the biggest outrage ever. Of course both the Norway incident and the state of many industries are horrifying, however the outrage people experience from a single statement leads me to believe that you all have some terrible anger issues. Yes lets keep berating Morrissey for his attempt to do the right thing in the wrong way. Yet you all would never be upset at how your government and your media LIES TO AND RAPES YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS EVERY SINGLE DAY. Since you guys want to be so upset over this as well and quit listening to good music simply because of the views of the person who made it then I refuse to ever visit this site infested with "mind controlled weasels who feel solace in joining the hive borg of weak disinformation". (Had to put some Alex J. in there for emphasis... because I hate you all now).

If he is not vegan then what he basically says is that killing animals is bad but torturing them is just a-okay.

Even vegans think killing animals is okay, unless they either grow their own fruits and vegetables, or otherwise get them from sources that did not kill any animals. Most veggies bought in stores come from farms where countless small animals were killed by the tractors and other machinery. I've never understood why people think their vegetable diets don't involve the killing of animals. I guess they know nothing about farms.

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

more often than not there was a serious amount of humour and irony in Morrissey's often controversial outpourings. This one, well it's just simply idiotic. When lambasting humans that chase fame fame fatal fame or horrendous politicians or perhaps even those that write bad things about the man, his retorts have been subjective (acceptable in this context) and to some extent aimed at those deliberately courting confrontation.

but to besmirch the mourning of a nation for the slaughter of innocents. Shockingly poor judgement.

the point about speciesism is most definitely NOT raising the suffering of innocent animals above the suffering of innocent humans. You've totally missed the point there Morrissey. Watch how quickly Peter Singer would distance himself from this statement if he's informed of it.

For someone who has built a career on his sensitivity - this is the most insensitive comment he has ever made. For nearly 30 years I rated this man as one of the best. With one stupid comment he has reduced all that to nothing. My hero is dead.

Hitler was vegetarian.
No he wasn't. Search for hitler vegetarian myth or similar. Or read a book.
He was a catholic though, that's not disputed.

But this time he's right! I absolutely despise what happens daily at the KFC and Mac Donalds.

Are you insane! People have been killed! f*** YOU!

That's a ridiculous premise based on the evidence that there is no other life in outer space.

The argument is moot and has no foundation in truth.

http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/are-we-alone-new-analysis-suggest-life-extremely-rare-1885/

I apologise. I bow to your greater ability to find internet links that support your point of view. How dare I be proud of my wife for not eating meat.

P.

What happened to the witty, charming young man from the Smiths? The man has lost it. It's all over Stephen, please fade away.

That's a ridiculous premise based on the evidence that there is no other life in outer space.

The argument is moot and has no foundation in truth.

Thanks so much for that! What about confirmation on ghosts or the afterlife?

I used to be a fan of his, but today I threw all my records in the trash. Could not find a more suitable place for them after his statement.

Yeah of course you did. Prick.

I hope a some crazy f*** kill your fam and friends and we can see if you will still say the same. If you ever come back to Norway you will return in a bodybag.

Remember the wice words spoken by one of the survivers: "If one man can show so much hate, imagine how much love we all can show together". Don't even talk about killing! Morissey is an asshole, but you should know better then talk about killing!

[shy oh why do these stupid twats drone on and on and on

he was there last night somewhere else tomorrow

just shut the f*** up

boring beyond beliefQUOTE=Anonymous;1986665398]"A spokesman said last night: “Morrissey has decided not to comment any further as he believes his statement speaks for itself.”

I give him credit for not embarrassing himself any further.[/QUOTE]

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom