Morrissey: Norway massacre is "nothing" compared to the actions of fast food chains

Once again he shoots himself in the foot.

Morrissey: 'Norway Attacks Nothing Compared To Actions Of Fast Good Giants' - Gigwise
He claims...

Morrissey has courted criticism after he reportedly compared the actions of fast food companies to the recent attacks in Norway.

At least 76 people died last week in two separate attacks which were both orchestrated by far-right extremist Anders Behring Breivik.

Morrissey, a staunch vegetarian, made reference the massacre during a performance in at Stodola Club in Warsaw, Poland earlier this week, according to the Daily Mirror.

Before playing The Smiths' song 'Meat is Murder', he is quoted as saying: “We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead.

“Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Sh*t every day.”

Video footage of Morrissey performing the song has been published on YouTube, but it omits his alleged introduction.

Morrissey's comment is the latest in a string of outbursts in recent months, many of which have focussed on animal welfare.

Link from Tingle3:

Morrissey says Norway massacre is "nothing" compared to the actions of fast food chains - Daily Mirror
by Ashleigh Rainbird

MORRISSEY has sparked outrage after saying the tragedy in Norway was “nothing” compared to the actions of fast food chains.

The controversial singer, 52, made his remark while on stage at a gig in Warsaw on Sunday night.

Before launching into his hit Meat is Murder, the outspoken vegetarian made reference to the horrific events last Friday.

Referring to the death toll as thought at the time he said: “We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried S*** every day.”

Two nights earlier the singer introduced the same song with another lambasting of the brands.

Gig-goers took to his fan sites to condemn the his outburst. One wrote: “The killing of children compared to KFC & McDonald’s?!!! What an ass****!”

Another wrote: “I really don’t know if that is *forgivable? Or of any use to the vegetarian cause?”

A spokesman said last night: “Morrissey has decided not to comment any further as he believes his statement speaks for itself.”

Update 10/18/2011:

Sistasheila posted the link to the video and actual words spoken during the concert:

"Despite the love, we do live on a murderous planet,
as you will have seen over the last few days in Norway.
Murder murder murder.
But really, every single day, worse things happen in KFC and McDonalds.
Murder, murder, murder, murder, murder..."

Link from inourbritches:
Morrissey: 'McDonald's, KFC worse than Norway massacre' - Digital Spy

Also, links posted by anonymous persons in the Warsaw post-show:
Meat biz worse than Norway: Morrissey - LFPress / Wenn.com
Morrissey lekceważąco o norweskiej tragedii - Interia.pl
Morrissey: – Massakren i Norge er ingenting mot massakren på Mc Donald's hver dag - tv2.no

80s Icon in Hot Water, a Facebook Status Leads To an Arrest, and a Whale Thanks its Rescuers in a Touching Way - Yahoo! News blog. Link from Desert Bee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some people here are missing the point. Yes the killings in Norway were an atrocity carried out by a deranged, sociopath and narcissist. A random act of brutality. However, the mass industrial killing of animals is a atrocity that is ACCEPTED and one THAT HAPPENS EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY. I personally see very little difference in the life of a child and the life of an animal. We are all supposed to be sharing this ‘unhappy planet’. "Other animals, which, on account of their interests having been neglected by the insensibility of the ancient jurists, stand degraded into the class of things. ... The day has been, I grieve it to say in many places it is not yet past, in which the greater part of the species, under the denomination of slaves, have been treated ... upon the same footing as ... animals are still. The day may come, when the rest of the animal creation may acquire those rights which never could have been withholden from them but by the hand of tyranny. The French have already discovered that the blackness of skin is no reason why a human being should be abandoned without redress to the caprice of a tormentor. It may come one day to be recognized, that the number of legs, the villosity of the skin, or the termination of the os sacrum, are reasons equally insufficient for abandoning a sensitive being to the same fate. What else is it that should trace the insuperable line? Is it the faculty of reason, or perhaps, the faculty for discourse?...the question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? Why should the law refuse its protection to any sensitive being?... The time will come when humanity will extend its mantle over everything which breathes... " One day I hope that we will look back on the treatment of animals as we now look back on slavery, with incredulity, disgust and shame. Viva Morrissey.

What, is Solow now giving stories to the press? I'm not defending Morrissey, but way to give his thoughtless comment more attention than it deserves.

Re: Article: Morrissey: Norway massacre is "nothing" compared to the actions of fast

Poor Moz. A 10 yrs old kid would be able to understand the life of human being is more important than the life of a chicken.

so tell me what you have done that has been more important to the world than a chicken? does that mean that its alright for you to get murdered then?

fast food and industrial meat production will eventually kill us all.

agree with mozzles. leave him alone, you losers.

Re: Article: Morrissey: Norway massacre is "nothing" compared to the actions of fast

I think some people here are missing the point. Yes the killings in Norway were an atrocity carried out by a deranged, sociopath and narcissist. A random act of brutality. However, the mass industrial killing of animals is a atrocity that is ACCEPTED and one THAT HAPPENS EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY. I personally see very little difference in the life of a child and the life of an animal. We are all supposed to be sharing this ‘unhappy planet’. "Other animals, which, on account of their interests having been neglected by the insensibility of the ancient jurists, stand degraded into the class of things. ... The day has been, I grieve it to say in many places it is not yet past, in which the greater part of the species, under the denomination of slaves, have been treated ... upon the same footing as ... animals are still. The day may come, when the rest of the animal creation may acquire those rights which never could have been withholden from them but by the hand of tyranny. The French have already discovered that the blackness of skin is no reason why a human being should be abandoned without redress to the caprice of a tormentor. It may come one day to be recognized, that the number of legs, the villosity of the skin, or the termination of the os sacrum, are reasons equally insufficient for abandoning a sensitive being to the same fate. What else is it that should trace the insuperable line? Is it the faculty of reason, or perhaps, the faculty for discourse?...the question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? Why should the law refuse its protection to any sensitive being?... The time will come when humanity will extend its mantle over everything which breathes... " One day I hope that we will look back on the treatment of animals as we now look back on slavery, with incredulity, disgust and shame. Viva Morrissey.

Moz sure has some derranged, twisted fans.

It took you 12 minutes to write that.

That's because I have something called a life. Im capable of visiting several other websites as well. Its f***ing assum. You should try it.

[who gives a flying f***

i just want murdoch murdered as do most of liverpool
beware we bare more grudges

QUOTE=Anonymous;1986665781]See, that's the same sorry "excuse" the Oslo murderer used: He thaught he had to give the people a wake up call. Thank god there are people like him around...

How 'bout just stickin' to the case and don't act so ignorant? It's pretty cheap to make a point on behalf of such an incident.[/QUOTE]

That's because I have something called a life. Im capable of visiting several other websites as well. Its f***ing assum. You should try it.

So what's your argument here? That I don't have a life and I spent literally all the time thinking of something that'll be 10% as brilliant as what you can say? Give me the evidence you have that I don't have a life (as long as it doesn't take up too much of your hectic schedule of course).

I thought freedom of speech was something highly prided in Scandinavia?

Yehh... the killer did walk around and lafing and saying "You must die"... eqaly stupid to say , as morrisays dumb and idiotic line.. both did use their freedom to speech, but gets NO respect from us here in Norway!

morriSAY is morriSHUTUP from no on!!

I just cannot see the sense in comparing the tragedies. Just as if you'd be violently raped, someone would say that's nothing compared to child prostitute's life in Thailand. How that puts things in perspective?

As a big fan since -92, vegetarian and scandinavian, I am really disapointed.

Yehh... the killer did walk around and lafing and saying "You must die"... eqaly stupid to say , as morrisays dumb and idiotic line.. both did use their freedom to speech, but gets NO respect from us here in Norway!

morriSAY is morriSHUTUP from no on!!

The difference is, Morrissey hasn't hurt anyone. Freedom of Speech is not Freedom to Act. The killer can believe and say what he wants, but his actions were obviously horrific. Morrisseys were not.

And seeing as we're summing things up in shit puns, More, I Say, from Morrissey.

What a loco. Obviously brainwashed to his fingertips.

Moz. You are loved, but if you truly believe in what you have said, then perhaps you should offer yourself to be shot up. This way you can experience the horror that these children were put through. I think its shameful that you'd suggest that these people deserve to die for your cause. I wager that you are not willing to die for your own cause either. Also, I am sure you have never had a love one suffer in this fashion. You should apologize to these families who lost their loved ones. Actually, you owe them an apology--so forget the should part.

Unless Morrissey has suddenly turned vegan, he is still part of the problem.

Morriesy, you really deserve a massive beating with the biggest f***ing bloody T-bone steak available... f***ing twat

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom