Morrissey on Norway Massacre/Fast Food Companies - Bigmmouth Strikes Again

He could have made his point about the food company without bringing up the Norway tragedy.
Now Glenn Beck comparing the youth camp to Hitler Youth was far worse than what Moz said.

Ahaha, Morrissey is awesome. Anyone who is a serious vegetarian knows that what he said rings true. All you have to do is look at footage taken from factory farms to understand where he's coming from. I'm sure if you allow yourself to be kept in the dark about what goes into preparing your hamburger, than his comment appears audacious. But it's hard to be PC when you're trying to make a point that goes against the grain.

Is it also hard to have an ounce of sensitivity and keep your mouth shut if you care about and value the surviving friends and relatives in the immediate aftermath of a massacre?

Also, cows are indiscriminately slaughtered for their meat and to feed people. Those Norwegians were discriminated against and slaughtered for their beliefs by a mad man. No end product, the only thing that got fed was one maniacs ego. There is no comparison.

Typical militant vegetarian. No social conscience, no social mores, 'ahahahaha' when people are murdered, side with animals over people because animals can't tell you to f*** off.

I see word has spread to the front page (lead story) of Digital Spy:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz...mcdonalds-kfc-worse-than-norway-massacre.html

This latest desperate plea for attention seems to have been a success. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority will be thinking "what a twat".

Last edited:
...Sometimes I just despair at the mans crassness....Yet Another WHOLE country alienated and offended...and for What ?? a few Column inches in a tabloid newspaper/to spark "Outrage" ?? to maybe raise interest enough to sell an album of recordings his fans have already bought so MANY (many)times over already ??....where, exactly, does he want this ( apparently self inflicted) Career suicide to end?.....I'm a LONG time fan, but all this latest "Controversy" is just getting seriously Wearisome....Surely, he KNOWS that his Fans got the f***ing point YEARS ago about Meat eating anyway???....to "Capitalise" on such an event that has left me in Utter shock since it happened, is just downright Disrespectful and f***ing RUDE.....Go and play a Gig in Norway sometime soon, and see how your Witticisms go down with the mourning family members..........

Last edited:
You see 97 humans. Morrissey sees 97 souls. You see 500 chickens. Morrissey sees 500 souls. I think, anyway. It's hard to describe. He's just different, let him say what he wants.

Morrissey:
You just lost a fan. Your records are laying in the trash bin at this moment.

I lost several of my friends at Utoya (Utøya). This is a direct hit in the face, and I think you really should take the time to think. What kind of human beeing do you want to be?
I admire your commitment to protect animal rights, but this is just disrespectful towards the victims and us, the people, who mourns. Clearly you have never lost your friends, or else you would have never said what you said.

In the future I hope you will use your head, and see further then the tip of your own nose.

- If one man can show that much hate, think of how much love we can show together.

I can understand you have stronger feelings because you're in Norway. And of course it's your right to throw the records away (just make sure you put 'em on your ITunes before you do!).

But there's a middle ground between the philistines and the fawners.

The philistine will thoughtlessly dismiss an artist entirely just because he hates this or that about him.

The fawners are like the woman who owns the TrueToYou site or the folks who fled over to that new Morrissey forum AllYouNeedIsMorrissey (Rule #1: Don't post anything disrespectful about Morrissey!).

There are lots of things about Morrissey I don't like, but I still find him a compelling artist with a lot of merit.

I also don't hold him above the reach of criticism. Just because he's an artist doesn't mean he's in some special category where he can say or do no wrong and everything's okay. I grew up and rejected that sort of mentality.

"You're either with Morrissey or you're against him". Ha! Morrissey's steely blue eyes scanning the interwebs, looking for people to purge.

---

As a somewhat related sidenote, I admire David Tseng that he didn't let the hatred directed at him by Morrissey's camp and Morrissey's worshippers cause him to shut down this web site. I noticed he said elsewhere that some of his moderators are afraid to publicly give him support. Come on now, don't be such scared cowards, afraid of being denounced for taking a side against Morrissey.

Some people seem to think a Morrissey fan site should be filled with nothing but the simplistic people and the orthodoxy adhered to at other Morrissey fan sites. Really, this site long ago grew into something well beyond a mere "fan site" (those have come and go and no one cares). This site shouldn't be deleted any more than every copy of Johnny Rogan's biography of Morrissey and Marr should have been burned after Morrissey wished for the author's death.

Last edited:
You see 97 humans. Morrissey sees 97 souls. You see 500 chickens. Morrissey sees 500 souls. I think, anyway. It's hard to describe. He's just different, let him say what he wants.

Where do Chinese souls figure into his philosophy? Are they worth half a soul? Negative soul? +/-? He's happy to make some distinctions, after all.

Chickens don't read newspapers, or have a social code of sensitivity in times of hardship. People do. Well, most... Clearly this area of humanity is of no interest to Morrissey. Perhaps he should join his beloved cows and put himself out to pasture.

...Just another thought....THIS Senseless Outburst...from a Man, who was once pictured with a Machine Gun...on an Album called "You are the Quarry" .....what a f***ING HYPOCRITE.....

Anyone here remember the days when Morrissey used to very rarely talk onstage? His entire stage commentary would consist of an occasional, "Thank you" or "You're very kind". I used to get so frustrated with him. In fact, during the Your Arsenal tour he teased us constantly by beginning sentences but never finishing them: "You're looking very..." "This song was written by... erm..." Drove me insane! I wished that he would talk more onstage - say something to us! And when he would let out the occasional fully formed sentence or two, I was elated! I'd write them down in my notebook so I could tell my friends what he said to me. A sentence from Morrissey was like gold to me!

Damn, I miss those days.

bugbass said:
I don`t know if this guy is a complete dick, or just plain stupid

Agreed - I wonder what he would say on stage if a member of his family were killed in a terrorist attack. "My nephew was killed in a terrorist attack but that is nothing compared to what the fast food industry does?".

What a jackass...

I cannot believe his band agrees with what he says on stages all the time when he says stuff like this. Is there not anyone that is willing to pull him aside privately and tell him that he is acting like a jackass when he says stuff like this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

andveganpancakes said:
Ahaha, Morrissey is awesome. Anyone who is a serious vegetarian knows that what he said rings true. All you have to do is look at footage taken from factory farms to understand where he's coming from. I'm sure if you allow yourself to be kept in the dark about what goes into preparing your hamburger, than his comment appears audacious. But it's hard to be PC when you're trying to make a point that goes against the grain.

It's hard to try and pretend that a chicken holds as much value as a human. In your honor I will eat one today. Let me know if you want a picture of my lunch plate.

Maybe, just maybe...

Norway will ban Morrissey from stepping foot in it's country.

Where do Chinese souls figure into his philosophy? Are they worth half a soul? Negative soul? +/-? He's happy to make some distinctions, after all.

Chickens don't read newspapers, or have a social code of sensitivity in times of hardship. People do. Well, most... Clearly this area of humanity is of no interest to Morrissey. Perhaps he should join his beloved cows and put himself out to pasture.

Well, you make an interesting point. It seems as though morrissey doesn't like to think past the slaughterhouse. A soul is raised under the false pretense of being cared for on earth then ushered into the slaughterhouse and taken, gone, whoosh! Thanks but no thanks. Then an exchange takes place, a farmer makes money harvesting the soul. I presume Morrissey sees this an a fundamental problem with humanity. When this exchange occurs, the devil wins. End of story. So a crazy man take 97 lives and while tragic, the devil wins as we gush and mourn for them. So to offer condolance for this exchange of 97 lives for the ideals of a madman, we are letting the devil win. We are catering to his appeal to sympathy, we are proving he took lives, validating his devious plan on earth. Yet the devils most pervasive and all-encompassing plan, his great exchange of money for souls is never acknowledged. Only Morrissey has the bravery to acknowledge it, probably knowing full well that he is made a fool. But he's like a wise fool who is keen to a greater darkness that our culture is seeped in.

It doesn't look good in print and by comparisons, but Morrissey's kinda looking out for the well being of all of us by making these seemingly flippant remarks. I don't expect anyone to get this explanation, it's just soul mathematics, a weird topic.

CrystalGeezer said:
Well, you make an interesting point. It seems as though morrissey doesn't like to think past the slaughterhouse. A soul is raised under the false pretense of being cared for on earth then ushered into the slaughterhouse and taken, gone, whoosh! Thanks but no thanks. Then an exchange takes place, a farmer makes money harvesting the soul. I presume Morrissey sees this an a fundamental problem with humanity. When this exchange occurs, the devil wins. End of story. So a crazy man take 97 lives and while tragic, the devil wins as we gush and mourn for them. So to offer condolance for this exchange of 97 lives for the ideals of a madman, we are letting the devil win. We are catering to his appeal to sympathy, we are proving he took lives, validating his devious plan on earth. Yet the devils most pervasive and all-encompassing plan, his great exchange of money for souls is never acknowledged. Only Morrissey has the bravery to acknowledge it, probably knowing full well that he is made a fool. But he's like a wise fool who is keen to a greater darkness that our culture is seeped in.

It doesn't look good in print and by comparisons, but Morrissey's kinda looking out for the well being of all of us by making these seemingly flippant remarks. I don't expect anyone to get this explanation, it's just soul mathematics, a weird topic.

Or.... Once again he is being a jackass

Tags
bigmouth fast food morrissey norway
Back
Top Bottom