The Smiths-Complete Super Deluxe Collectors Box?

My trunk arrived but it's damaged in one corner. i've not opened it or torn the cellophane but I'm going to return it. I'm very disappointed. Has anyone else had any damage problems? considering the cost of the trunk i've not been too impressed with the packaging. Mine came in an oversized box which had a handful of air bags thrown in to make up the space. I've got to return it to Germany yet I'm in the UK.

That is the BIG WORRY of anyone getting the Box Set by Mail, especially considering its cost and shipping fee too.
Cheers Moz

I received my complete box yesterday in perfect condition. I confirm that the Reel around the fountain 7" is the Troy Tate version.

I received my complete box yesterday in perfect condition. I confirm that the Reel around the fountain 7" is the Troy Tate version.

Would you be able to record a few seconds of it and post it here?

It's a Troy Tate session because we can hear Johnny playing a unique melody juste before Mike starts to play drums. I think that only the Troy Tate session owns that peculiarity. I have compared that track with the version of RATF on the "the hand that rocks the cradle" bootleg lp and it's very similar... but the intro of Johnny Marr is a bit longer and the sound is really better.

Troy Tate nor John Peel are mentionned on the label of the 7".

Unfortunately I can't provide you an extract of that vinyl single.

Last edited:
I must say I'm a little annoyed that they would release a copy HIG sleeve! What's the point?

I have been sitting back and waiting to see what the reviews are like for the deluxe box set. It seems to me that the reviews are very mixed.

Amazon are now out of stock despite saying there are 2 left in stock. They will get more later this week so I might buy it then. The only thing I would have liked would have been bonus discs for each album with rare/demo/live bonus tracks.

I think this box is a mess. Why ddidn`t Rhino make it with original tracks and a cd with rarities and alternative versions?
If they put Troy tate Reel on this box it doesn`t make sense `cos the track would be released was that we can find on debut album.

I think this box is a mess. Why ddidn`t Rhino make it with original tracks and a cd with rarities and alternative versions?
If they put Troy tate Reel on this box it doesn`t make sense `cos the track would be released was that we can find on debut album.

All this is in store for the next Box Set set for release in 2016 - 18.
Cheers Moz

Mine was sent from Germany and arrived in Philadelphia yesterday..Perfect shape except the corner of the Ask 7 inch being a little bent. All and all a stunning product and worth every penny. My only complaint is that I really don't care for the stickers on the vinyls sleeves even if they are trying to recreate authenticity.

As a bonus, they accidentally sent a 2nd copy of the Meat is Murder cd in my box.

Isn't there suppose to be a poster of the all the cover sleeves? Mine is a foldout poster of the cover of the box.

I've got a poster of the cover too in my box.

Besides there are 8 12" cards which represent the albums front sleeve. Certainly to frame them.

Clarification re. Reel Around The Fountain

The track on the 7" vinyl is definitely the John Peel Session, timed at 5.51 minutes and credited on the label to BBC Enterprises.
The official mp3 you get to download from itunes or rhino is the Troy Tate version, a slight mix up when they uploaded the mp3 files I believe.

Cheers,

I.R.

Sold Out , on Rhino Website.
Cheers Moz

Since this box set is claiming to be "complete" but is not - is there a list of the officially released material that isn't in this collection?

I know the This Charming Man remixes, Wonderful Woman, the correct single mix version of The Boy With The Thorn in His Side and the live song from the NME cassette are missing.

Can someone provide a link to , or compile a text list of what isn't in here that had an official release (not live bootlegs) so I can start tracking the rest down?

Thanks in advance.

Bargain of the decade.

Amazon Canada decide to sell it for CDN $165. That's about €118. Unbelievably the misprice is honoured. It arrived today.

Some photos. No download code though.

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

Picture015-2.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

Tags
complete boxset deluxe boxset
Back