The Smiths-Complete Super Deluxe Collectors Box?

Thanks Flax.
Does anyone have a picture of the singles in the box? Are there more rare picture sleeves like the "HIG Negative" and the "There is a light... lollipop kid"?

Thanks Flax.
Does anyone have a picture of the singles in the box? Are there more rare picture sleeves like the "HIG Negative" and the "There is a light... lollipop kid"?

The lollypop cover appeared at top the top of pile of 7"s, in the promotional images made by Rhino.

Rhino had asked me for scans for this cover, so I assume it's there too.

I just don't know what the cover will be for Reel Around 7". I think it will be just a plain white cover.

The lollypop cover appeared at top the top of pile of 7"s, in the promotional images made by Rhino.

Rhino had asked me for scans for this cover, so I assume it's there too.

I just don't know what the cover will be for Reel Around 7". I think it will be just a plain white cover.

Yes it is a plain white cover.

My set arrived this morning from Amazon, lovely set, weighs a ton and is a fair old size. My set is number 178.

Hi McCol,
is it possible to post a photo of the singles?

Hi McCol,
is it possible to post a photo of the singles?

Apart from the Hand in Glove negative sleeve, the box includes the following special 7inches: Stop Me (white vinyl), Shoplifters (clear vinyl), There is a Light (lollipop sleeve), Some Girls Are Bigger (with 12inch artwork though), Barbarism, Headmasters (tiltle sleeve), William (Billie Whitlaw sleeve) and most of all a never before available 7inch of Sweet and Tender Hooligan on white vinyl. The Reel Around the Fountain 7inch comes in plain white die cut sleeve.
Also interesting for collectors might be that the Rank LP for the first time (apart from the 10inch version) comes as double 12inch LP in gatefold sleeve including the poster and the World Won´t Listen LP is also spread across 2 vinyls but not in gatefold sleeve.
All in all a great box to own!

Last edited:
Apart from the Hand in Glove negative sleeve, the box includes the following special 7inches: Stop Me (white vinyl), Shoplifters (clear vinyl), There is a Light (lollipop sleeve), Some Girls Are Bigger (with 12inch artwork though), Barbarism, Headmasters (tiltle sleeve), William (Billie Whitlaw sleeve) and most of all a never before available 7inch of Sweet and Tender Hooligan on white vinyl. The Reel Around the Fountain 7inch comes in plain white die cut sleeve.
Also interesting for collectors might be that the Rank LP for the first time (apart from the 10inch version) comes as double 12inch LP in gatefold sleeve including the poster and the World Won´t Listen LP is also spread across 2 vinyls but not in gatefold sleeve.
All in all a great box to own!

Very cool. Thanks for posting that info.

Thanks for the details. So does the girlfriend in a coma sleeve be green ?

Good to know that the Barbarism begins at home has been added in the box.

And what about the Hand in Glove/I don't owe you anything single ???

Last edited:
I got my trunk today - the physical content is great! But some things are strange: apart from Australia, The World Won't Listen was never a double LP - so why now? All CD's, LP's and 7" are 'Made in the EU' and bear new cat.-nos. - but are still (c) 1984, 1985 etc... - i think despite the 'replica' attitude they should have stated 2011 instead - but nevermind.

Meat Is Murder is back to it's original 9-Track w/o How Soon Is Now what Warner/Wea added for the 1992 releases. Same goes for The World Won't Listen w/o Money Changes Everything.

That's all minor things from a collectors view. But what is bad are the downloads offered in the package. This is what i unzipped for the first 7":

hig.jpg

So, Handsome Devil is not only the version taken from The Sounds Of The Smiths (no 2011 remaster?), but it's also just 192 kbits. It also has no year information added, and Hand In Glove is credited as 1984 (though 1983 is right). The .mp3s have no cover photo included. Thats how it looks in iTunes:

higitunes.jpg

The 2nd Single is not better, in the booklet and on the CD it's stated claerly that Reel Around The Fountain is the Peel Session version. The download states:

Reel.jpg

I have not unzipped all downloads, but this is dissapointing up to now. In opposite to the great box, it seems that the downloads did not get the same good treatment.

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that the 7" "Reel..." is the Troy Tate version?

Confirmed? No, but if you sell a .mp3 at iTunes (and as a part of the Super Deluxe Box) stating 'Troy Tate Reel' it's expected to be that version we know from the 2010 bootleg. As i learned from this forum, the original test press 7" from 1983 did contain the Peel Session version, too.

please can someone help. Bought the deluxe box set and arrived yesterday..i have the code from Rhinoto enable me to download the tracks, however cannot locate on their website where to enter the code. I have emailed their c/services dept withoout reply...purchased from Amazon..
Thanks very much x

please can someone help. Bought the deluxe box set and arrived yesterday..i have the code from Rhinoto enable me to download the tracks, however cannot locate on their website where to enter the code. I have emailed their c/services dept withoout reply...purchased from Amazon..
Thanks very much x

Hey man...
You can acess this webpage: http://complete.pushexp.com/welcome
There you'll fill the gaps or you're gonna skip it if you sign in/log in Twitter or Facebook accounts.
After filling the gaps you must insert your code and download the whole stuff.

Received mine yesterday from Rhino... Poster, booklet and DVD are missing in the box !
Does anyone had the same problem ?

Received mine yesterday from Rhino... Poster, booklet and DVD are missing in the box !
Does anyone had the same problem ?

I've not seen any other posts by people with problems - you should contact Rhino and see what they say. Best of luck

Dave

Is it true they've arsed up the song versions again - i.e., wrong "Boy With The Thorn" on "World Won't Listen", wrong "You Just Haven't Earned It" on "Bombs", etc.? Disappointing if true.

Hey Flax,

I have just bought this and am waiting for it to come in. Should I be horrified that the is a replica HIG sleeve in this thing! My god!

I'm also surprised to see a HIG negative sleeve there.
I think they simple scanned the regular HIG and changed the colors on photoshop.

When Rhino asked me for scans, there was nearly no time left, so the HIG neg sleeve they got from me is the one with a watermark that is still on my website.

I wouldn't be too worried about it though. If you look at the Headmaster Ritual 7" reissues, they look very different from the original.

I haven't seen the box yet, but I'm pretty sure that all these reissues will say "Rhino" somewhere, so it's not like somebody could just get the reissued HIG and sell it for thousands of dollars.

A while ago I posted here a comparison among all the Headmaster Ritual 7" reissues (which I have no idea how to find), so I'm curious to see what the There's A Light, Reel Around and HIG look like.

I thought that would be the case that they would have different markings. I'll post some pics of the copy compared to the original when my box set comes in.

My trunk arrived but it's damaged in one corner. i've not opened it or torn the cellophane but I'm going to return it. I'm very disappointed. Has anyone else had any damage problems? considering the cost of the trunk i've not been too impressed with the packaging. Mine came in an oversized box which had a handful of air bags thrown in to make up the space. I've got to return it to Germany yet I'm in the UK.

Tags
complete boxset deluxe boxset
Back
Top Bottom