The Smiths-Complete Super Deluxe Collectors Box?

Case UK lock scene's greatest for 2,011 years, it are the first Lima stars of the Smith I appear at last!The Smith first Lima star! With a melody and the text which are beautiful for "a feeling of that reflected social conditions despair" The Smith whom I stuck into the chest of the listener. It is released eight pieces of excellent records in the first Lima star & box set by the Johnny mer supervision!

The Smiths First Lima Star! Whom I struck into the chest of the listener! :thumb:

The Smiths First Lima Star! Whom I struck into the chest of the listener! :thumb:

Actual Japanese text says; the first remaster of The Smiths. The despair which reflected the society with the beautiful melody and lyrics, The Smiths stubbed the listners' hearts.
However, the translation software which everydayislikesunday used, got them wrong.

Last edited:
For a long time I thought it was the Troy Tate version as well, as many sources mention this.
Didn't the Record Collector magazine say that at some point? I remember reading this in many places.
But the sad truth is that it doesn't.

I just downloaded it off iTunes, and it is most definitely the Troy Tate version!

If you follow Flax's link to itunes, track 94 is clearly labelled as the Troy Tate version.

Dave

If you follow Flax's link to itunes, track 94 is clearly labelled as the Troy Tate version.

Dave

I downloaded the complete set from Itunes at work this afternoon.

Sounds bloody good. I'm totally taken by the sound quality of RANK, just sounds like a fresh album to me. BTW, the listing for I KNOW IT's OVER says in brackets EXTENDED MIX, but doesnt appear to be any longer than the vinyl version. What you get sound wise in the finale of the song is both Johnny & Craig's guitars chiming away beautifully. Never heard it sound so good :)

Last edited:

Sounds bloody good. I'm totally taken by the sound quality of RANK, just sounds like a fresh album to me. BTW, the listing for I KNOW IT's OVER says in brackets EXTENDED MIX, but doesnt appear to be any longer than the vinyl version. What you get sound wise in the finale of the song is both Johnny & Craig's guitars chiming away beautifully. Never heard it sound so good :)

Would you be able to show us how the iTunes LP works?

Has anyone bought this? --> http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/complete-remastered/id465332017

This thing comes with an "iTunes LP". I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Apparently, this iTunes LP only comes if you buy the whole thing.

I've not downloaded it, but the itunes store says it contains artwork, lyrics and new liner notes. The screenshot makes it look like a DVD title page where you can click for the various functions...
complete%252520itunes%252520lp.JPG

Dave

Tough one that. I downloaded the music straight to my ipad, the LP stuff (about 15MB) you download the next time you sign into your itunes account on your COMPUTER. Doesnt work on ipad or iphone I am told.

The LP consists of info on all the singles with some text to go along with each entry, simon reynolds is credited at the end, amongst others so imagine it's his words. There's a small essay by the girl already mentioned elsewhere. Contribution from grant showbiz and stephen street too.
When you open the thing it plays something which escapes me for the moment, will give you that detail tomorrow. There is also a montage of smiths related things, song sheets, the rough trade press release on the band, tour laminates etc.

Tough one that. I downloaded the music straight to my ipad, the LP stuff (about 15MB) you download the next time you sign into your itunes account on your COMPUTER. Doesnt work on ipad or iphone I am told.

The LP consists of info on all the singles with some text to go along with each entry, simon reynolds is credited at the end, amongst others so imagine it's his words. There's a small essay by the girl already mentioned elsewhere. Contribution from grant showbiz and stephen street too.
When you open the thing it plays something which escapes me for the moment, will give you that detail tomorrow. There is also a montage of smiths related things, song sheets, the rough trade press release on the band, tour laminates etc.

That sounds great - hopefully someone will figure out how to copy and share it :) I'm one for buying physical product rather than digital downloads... I'm buggered if I'm buying it in multiple formats - again - just so that I can see some old press releases...

Dave

Can anyone tell if it was sonically reengineered or did they just make the songs "louder"?

Can anyone tell if it was sonically reengineered or did they just make the songs "louder"?

Reading lastparty's post, I believe Frank Arkwright re-engineered the albums.

Delivery charges are so different when ordering from abroad....while HMV and Amazon would only charge me £ 2.50 for the COMPLETE BOX SET (the same as a an ordinary album in a jewel case....) Rhino and Recordstore would charge much , much more. As I am planning to order the CD Box Set only (for now..) will probably use Amazon.
Cheers Moz

deluxe box set , anyone received there's yet ?

Hi there , just wondering if anyone has received their deluxe box set through the post yet ?

cheers Fraser

And if anyone will open the box, photos would be very nice...

This is an interesting update from the superdeluxeedition website..I was changed for mine and its been shipped to the States. The cost with shipping, tax and other fees was $302.00.. Considering I don't own anything included in this box already, I reckon it was a reasonably good buy.

UPDATE 15/8/11 - Rhino UK have informed us that this ‘Complete’ box has outstripped all sales expectations and the boxes are almost sold out. Obviously, still easily available from all the usual outlets at the moment, but those hoping these will be heavily discounted in six months time due to unsold stock might need to think again!

Tags
complete boxset deluxe boxset
Back
Top Bottom