Salford Lads Club

P

Philistine

Being a fairly recent Smiths fan (last year or two) I'm still trying to find the significance of SLC. What's it all about? Is it just a symbol of the Manchester they came from, a place they posed for pictures, I know the video for Stop Me was shot around that area, or does it have any other special significance? Thanks for your help.....

The significance is that you are a justification for a Class A certified, petrified and gentrifried coathanger abortion. Take your queries and stick them up your spotted ass because no one here cares, lest of all me.

However, you can enjoy one of those fine coolati's mango frosties at any nearby participating Kansas Fried Chicken. You filthy mongrel, get lost and get aids!

Wind your neck in Greastea

Stop being a loser please. It was a perfectly sensible question for a new Smiths fan to ask. If you have nothing to contribute then don't bother replying to messages. That goes for this one aswell, though I'm sure I will receive one of your 'clever' responses regardless. I don't think I will bother to read your reply, I only read this one as I hoped against all odds that you might have something useful to say, lesson learnt you sad cretin.

> The significance is that you are a justification for a Class A certified,
> petrified and gentrifried coathanger abortion. Take your queries and stick
> them up your spotted ass because no one here cares, lest of all me.

> However, you can enjoy one of those fine coolati's mango frosties at any
> nearby participating Kansas Fried Chicken. You filthy mongrel, get lost
> and get aids!

Re: Greasetea is live FOR 2 min.

> The significance is that you are ...

Useless

First of all, please ignore the sods that answer with spite as a defense mechanism to guard their own glaring inadequacies.
Secondly , the SLC has no signifigance that i know of other than , as you stated, a symbol of the place that bore the smiths and these days a sort of , have to see stop, for any fan...cheers

Empty Vessels....

...really do make the most noise.

Thanks for your help, H Devil and guiltbyimplication.

FAO Greasetea

What the f***'s your problem????????

The Salford Lads Club.. and why its a landmark..

> Being a fairly recent Smiths fan (last year or two) I'm still trying to
> find the significance of SLC. What's it all about? Is it just a symbol of
> the Manchester they came from, a place they posed for pictures, I know the
> video for Stop Me was shot around that area, or does it have any other
> special significance? Thanks for your help.....

Originally, the full length picture graced the gatefold of the 'Queen Is Dead' album.. i.e. in the days of vinyl.. (when you were there the first time round, sadly!!) I think there's a cropped picture in the Cd version.. the picture obviously has the Smiths all posed in front of it and I assume the Lads Club itself was a social point of the Salford area.. I think its in Coronation Street as well, so not sure if that alludes to the Northern working class soap of the same name. Northen boys can help me on this one.. Grim?

Anyway, Hope that helps! Now go to the bottom of the class.. soon you'll be asking about Suedeheads soon as well!

Ruffian

Suedehead?

What's that?

Joking

Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom