Berlin - Zitadelle Spandau (July 18, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / Everyday Is Like Sunday / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by an anonymous person

Review links posted by sistasheila (more):
Morrissey in der Zitadelle Spandau (photos, 20 total) - BerlinOnline
Morrissey verkündet solide den Weltschmerz - Berliner Morgenpost
Ein Vegetarier beißt sich durch - Der Tagesspiegel
Morrissey spielt jetzt für die neuen Normalos - Welt Online

Last edited:

off-topic

We+are+all+David+T.png

Morrissey needs to get back with the smiths and end his career on a high note. Who's with me to start this discussion eh?

Get off the stage!

You silly old man
In your misguided cowardice
With your Julia-R and your security brutes
And you think you can arouse us?

Morrissey & Marr lovers of music united... Know lets concentrate on the Spandau concert review...........................................:guitar: :horny: :D

Morrissey should give up this tour as a bad mistake. It's just tainted by the davidt thing now. He needs to go home and have a re-think.

I see, so if someone post a picture of David that mocks, it's immediately removed, but not stuff about Morrissey or others. What's the problem, David, I mean, you're a public figure now. What happened to "FREE SPEECH"?

David T ought to bring down the curtain on this extravaganza of hate.

If morrissey-solo is to go on it should be as a news feed only - the forum for comment has become a degenerate, reductive farce.

Each fresh post is rendered a slough of wanton bigotry, vitriol and derangement within hours.

The site serves no function any longer but to perpetuate the manias, delusions and psycho-emotional disorders of a handful of hysterics.

off-topic

They looked smarter, older and a little larger around the waist. But Spandau Ballet turned the clock back 20 years last night when they took to the stage for their first reunion gig. The ever-dapper lead singer Tony Hadley told 9,200 wildly cheering fans at Dublin's O2 venue: ' 'It took a bit of time but we've come back. We've missed you I tell you, we've really missed you. 'It was a long time coming but we're finally here.' And although they looked a little more grown-up, appearing in open shirts, waistcoats and jeans, they still managed to get the crowds dancing in their seats.

The reunion comes after a long separation during which three of the band's members unsuccessfully attempted to sue guitarist Gary Kemp for royalties they claimed they were owed. But last night there was no sign of their well-documented differences as they performed in front of a montage of video clips from their early days. The screaming fans, mostly female and many of them teenagers when they last saw the band perform, never dimmed their rapturous applause.

Once the vanguard of the 1980’s New Romantic movement, the soulful quintet performed many of their more popular numbers from the back catalogue as well as a selection of songs from their new album Once More. They opened up with To Cut A Long Story Short and included Through The Barricades, written about a couple from either side of the sectarian divide during the Troubles.

Wrapping up the concert, Tony Hadley was cheered when he dedicated the group's final song, True, to the late Boyzone star, Stephen Gately. He said. 'I'd like to dedicate our last song to a mate of mine, Stephen Gately. He was a good drinking mate of mine.'

Pierre Perrone of The Independent praised the inclusion of 'gem' She Loved Like Diamond, which barely dented the charts, and said the Trevor Horn-produced Instinction provided a 'shivers-down-the-spine moment'. One-time residents in the Irish capital, the group touched down in Dublin on Monday night to toast their reunion with a night on the town. The comeback gig was watched by a crowd including the group’s family and friends and former EastEnders star Shane Ritchie.

After 25 million record sales, six multi-platinum albums and 23 hit singles, Spandau Ballet split in 1990. But the band announced their Reformation reunion tour in March, which sees them visit venues across Ireland and the UK before travelling to other European cities including Rome, Berlin and Barcelona. Speaking ahead of their performance, Steve Norman said the group were happy to be back in their old haunt. 'We lived here for about six months, so it feels a bit like returning to friends, which is nice,' he said.

Much had changed since the group split in 1986, not least the band’s fortunes, but Martin Kemp added; 'It’s like before, we’ve rehearsed so much it’s seeped into us now so we can’t be nervous.' 'It’s like waking up on the morning of the FA Cup finals and being part of the team.'

I heard he played a new song called, "David Tseng On The Guillotine" or perhaps it's a remake of an old song, can anyone confirm?

Oh dear... this website is like a malicious tumor illustrating how it spreads.

Didn't go to Berlin as I'm scared of German trains in the summer.
Won't see here how it went, but at least I can have a chuckle at the bitter c***s.
Who... should take a hint on how a certain David carried himself throughout this.
Like, what with the stating of facts and then leaving the topic alone.

It could've been called "Tseng Rut". I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm?

Tseng your life
Any fool can think of words that rhyme
Many others do
Why don't you?
Do you want to?
Oh... Tseng your life
Walk right up to the microphone
And name
All the things you love
All the things that you loathe

Morrissey Haters United, how much does it cost?
I'll pay for it for this place, you .... degnerates.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom