The Smiths - Singles Box (2009) {Rhino 12SP Remastered Limited Edition Box set}

The Seeker of Good Songs

The Smiths - Singles Box (2009) {Rhino 12SP Remastered Limited Edition Boxset}

The Smiths - Singles Box (2009) {Rhino 12SP Remastered Limited Edition Boxset}
EAC rip (secure mode) | FLAC+CUE+LOG -> 994 Mb
Full Artwork @ 400 dpi (jpg) -> 44 Mb
© 2009 Rhino / Warner | 2564-68921-7
Rock / Alternative Rock / Indie Rock / Indie Pop

A clamshell card box containing the first ten UK-issued Smiths singles in original picture sleeves, featuring the original 12" single tracklistings, apart from the first single 'Hand In Glove', which appears in it's mega-rare "negative" sleeve. Two singles are exclusive to this box set; The rare Francois Kevorkian-mixed "New York" 12" version of "This Charming Man" which had a limited issue in December 1983 and the German import-only 12" version of "Barbarism Begins At Home" from 1985. The box is completed with a poster featuring the single artworks.

All singles utilise newly re-mastered audio by Frank Arkwright overseen by Johnny Marr, and feature many non-album tracks, including the hard to find B-side live BBC tracks recorded at the Oxford Apollo in 1985. A must have item, and limited to 10,000 copies only.
Personnel: Morrissey (vocals); Johnny Marr (guitar); Andy Rourke (bass); Mike Joyce (drums).

tracklist:

SP01:Hand In Glove

1. Hand In Glove
2. Handsome Devil (Live)

SP02:This Charming Man

1. This Charming Man (Manchester)
2. This Charming Man (London)
3. Accept Yourself
4. Wonderful Woman
5. Jeane

SP03:This Charming Man (Exclusive)

1. This Charming Man (New York) Vocal
2. This Charming Man (New York) Instrumental

SP04:What Difference Does It Make?

1. What Difference Does It Make?
2. Back To The Old House
3. These Things Take Time

SP05:Heaven Knows Im Miserable Now

1. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
2. Girl Afraid
3. Suffer Little Children

SP06:William It Was Really Nothing

1. William It Was Really Nothing
2. How Soon Is Now?
3. Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

SP07:How Soon Is Now

1. How Soon Is Now
2. Well I Wonder
3. Oscillate Wildly

SP08:Shakespeares Sister

1. Shakespeare's Sister
2. What She Said
3. Stretch Out And Wait

SP09:Barbarism Begins At Home (Exclusive)

1. Barbarism Begins At Home
2. Shakespeare's Sister
3. Stretch Out And Wait

SP10:That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore

1. That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
2. Nowhere Fast (Live)
3. Stretch Out And Wait (Live)
4. Shakespeare's Sister (Live)
5. Meat Is Murder (Live)

SP11:The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

1. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
2. Rubber Ring
3. Asleep

SP12:Bigmouth Strikes Again

1. Bigmouth Strikes Again
2. Money Changes Everything
3. Unloveable

plus.gif
EAC log

HF Linkz

or

FSonic Linkz

p.s. the files are interchangeable...

from: http://avaxhome.ws/music/rock/the_smiths_singles_box_2009_12cd_flac.html

Are you on a one man mission to get this site closed down?
There is absolutely no justification for posting comercially available Smiths and Morrissey material on this site. With this posting it's not just Morrissey that is being ripped off, but Marr, Rourke, Joyce, Gannon - the last time I checked, these were all people that we supposedly respect.
Support the artist - buy their music.

Dave

I think the audience is split on the Joyce issue - whatever has happened with the band since they split I still recall he turned up to every gig, rehearsal, recording - as he said 'I was in the back of the van. I did the gigs'. For that he will always have my respect.

Dave

I think the audience is split on the Joyce issue - whatever has happened with the band since they split I still recall he turned up to every gig, rehearsal, recording - as he said 'I was in the back of the van. I did the gigs'. For that he will always have my respect.

Dave

Yeah but he got M and M for a lot of cash on a technicality. We both know that he took a big shit on a great legacy and that if not for him, there would be a much greater chance of the guys reuniting.

I am sure there's not one person on here that doesn't own all of these songs anyway..

OMG! Thank you! I've been looking for a copy of 'How Soon Is Now?' for, like, FOREVER!

Guys, this !Viva Hate! user is desperately seeking attention from us.
The more we reply his posts, the more he reinforces his ego.
It's clear he's bored and without a proper social life and this forum is all he's got.
Just ingnore him. This site is going down thanks to people like him.

Guys, this !Viva Hate! user is desperately seeking attention from us.
The more we reply his posts, the more he reinforces his ego.
It's clear he's bored and without a proper social life and this forum is all he's got.
Just ingnore him. This site is going down thanks to people like him.

It's called a "sense of humor". Get one.

Yes I think someone is trying to stir even more trouble for this site by putting up all this official stuff. Where are the moderators when you need them?

At home, washin' their tights! Ahee hee hee hee hee hee!

Yeah but he got M and M for a lot of cash on a technicality. We both know that he took a big shit on a great legacy and that if not for him, there would be a much greater chance of the guys reuniting.

Yeah when I first got into The Smiths, then learnt about this I lost alot of respect for Joyce.
For all the malice and resentment Morrissey harbours, even he would be the last person to tarnish his own legacy

isn't the box set out of print now? so i don't see a problem with posting this....besides, all these tracks are already well circulated.

I have both the 7" and CD box set so im not downloading , but I wanted to thank Seeker for thinking of the others :)

Back
Top Bottom