"Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it?" - The Guardian Music Blog

Found this in The Guardian website...

Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it? by Stephen Kelly - The Guardian Music Blog
After a 5,000-mile trip from LA to Copenhagen, a Morrissey fansite owner was looking forward to seeing his favourite artist in concert. Instead he was refused entry and given a lifetime ban

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it?" - The Guard

Forget the year upon year degradation of this site, you only need to scroll back up this thread to get an example of the vile, sickening dirt that is the epitome of how Morrissey feels about this place. It's truly disgusting to allow uncensored comments directed at the man. Any other website, regardless of its subject would have it removed and discouraged. I don't give a damn about the arguments for 'free speech', it doesn't apply on the internet because we are talking about people who are not standing and stating their point in public, but instead are tapping on a keyboard anonymously with no repercussions whatsoever. As for the future of this site, well, does it have one? What role can it possibly play, other than to serve as a constant thorn in Morrissey's side. He clearly and evidently hates the way this site is allowing him to be attacked hourly. People have been pleading for years for proper control on this site and all of it has gone unheeded. The once fantastic chatroom was blighted by trolls who attacked us and drew us all into arguments when all we wanted to do was chat and have fun. Many people pleaded for moderation in the chat, mailed the site owner complaining and asking for action to be taken against certain individuals for things that would be considered serious offences elsewhere, but it was all ignored, hence the chatroom community was ripped apart and the hatred switched to the forums, which have now experienced the same fate. there really is no argument to consider the future of this site. It's lost it's purpose, direction and saddest of all, the respect of its subject. Doesn't that tell you something?
It's time to close this place down.

This is brilliant! And well-written. Len Brown?

I haven't read many of the above posts - the few I have are obviously very polarising. I am a Morrissey fan and have been since I saw the smiths over 20 years ago. Moz is a genious, few would argue with that. This story may be false - does anyone know? If it is true then Morrissey may be guilty of listening to the wrong people when it comes to this site. Yes there are critics however that is life! This is a fan site and it apears to me that the man he has banned has spent a lot of money let alone time fighting Morrisseys corner when, lets face it, most other people didn't and don't care. I really hope that this isn't true as if it is, why would the person responsible for this site continue - I wouldn't.

I wondered when skinny would stick the knife in, and all because he's had to cancel his plans to see Moz in Dublin, knowing he'd have been pointed out and turfed out.
What a tragic little man you are skinny. How does it feel to know you are hated by Moz?
Never mind, you should make a tidy sum on ebay selling all the rareities you've whore-ded over the years.

Troll post.

David, can you explain how this incident happened (how did security spot you, for example) and what do you think Morrissey's problem is with your site, which on the face of it is a fairly regular fan site. As others have pointed out, offensive/critical material comes from people who comment below the stories. Anyone who spends time on the Internet knows that much of what is written below the line is from people who like to cause offense and is best ignored. For the record, I like this site because it gives me information on Morrissey and links to reviews etc. After listening to his music for 25 years, I finally went to see him for the first time this year in the UK and it was great (though obviously not as a good as it would have been 25 years ago).

Re: Article: "Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it?" - The Guard

Hear, Hear!!!

Forget the year upon year degradation of this site, you only need to scroll back up this thread to get an example of the vile, sickening dirt that is the epitome of how Morrissey feels about this place. It's truly disgusting to allow uncensored comments directed at the man. Any other website, regardless of its subject would have it removed and discouraged. I don't give a damn about the arguments for 'free speech', it doesn't apply on the internet because we are talking about people who are not standing and stating their point in public, but instead are tapping on a keyboard anonymously with no repercussions whatsoever. As for the future of this site, well, does it have one? What role can it possibly play, other than to serve as a constant thorn in Morrissey's side. He clearly and evidently hates the way this site is allowing him to be attacked hourly. People have been pleading for years for proper control on this site and all of it has gone unheeded. The once fantastic chatroom was blighted by trolls who attacked us and drew us all into arguments when all we wanted to do was chat and have fun. Many people pleaded for moderation in the chat, mailed the site owner complaining and asking for action to be taken against certain individuals for things that would be considered serious offences elsewhere, but it was all ignored, hence the chatroom community was ripped apart and the hatred switched to the forums, which have now experienced the same fate. there really is no argument to consider the future of this site. It's lost it's purpose, direction and saddest of all, the respect of its subject. Doesn't that tell you something?
It's time to close this place down.

This site USED to be helpful for fans. At this point, it has become an ANTI fan cesspool full of obsessed staplers and bitter vituperation. How do we know Morrissey himself was responsible for having David ejected? Why didn't he post am detailed story? If he is a true fan, why would he allow posting of private letters and leaking of tapes, which would hurt Morrissey both personally and financially?

As for those who are selling their tickets because David suffered the natural consequence of his action and lack thereof, I don't buy it. These are scalpers trying to make a buck odd the furor. True fans love the music, and don't expect a person as brilliant and iconoclastic as Morrissey to be held to an impossible standard. Our idols have feet of clay.

This isn't a fan site any more - it's not about Morrissey, it's about the personalities (and personality disorders) who seeek to make it a platform for their own vanity.

Exactly. It used to be all about Kewpie. Now it's finally all about David. He's gotten everything that he wanted.

Interesting too that some people are trying to spin this as being about Morrissey's rejection of his fans. For the way Morrissey feels about his fans look no further than the piece he wrote when Mel Torment passed. In any case, this site is no longer dominated by fans, it's dominated by a small bunch of screaming idiots with a separate agenda, while the spectacularly ineffectual Tseng refuses to intervene, cowering instead under a banner protesting free speech.

This site is finished, all that remains is a question of how long the death throes will last.

You had better be careful, Uncleskinny. How dare you make us aware about the existance of anything critical of the Great God Moz. It is blaspheny. A sin agaisnt Morrissey. We don't want to know. Everyone on the face of the planet, every man, woman and child, loves Moz and worships at his shrine every day. Every record he has ever made is a masterpiece. Every band he has ever played with are the most talented musical geniuses since Mozart. If you have the cheek to show your face at a concert ever again you will be asked to leave and banned for life! All hail the Great God Moz!

I'm guessing all of you asking to shut this site down have visited comment boards other sites? Have you been on the internet before?

Every and all comment / message boards are filled with negative comments. If there is a 'Forum' lord knows it will be 75% anger and disgust. I've run a hugely popular website for years and when comments were added to the site we knew it would take intelligent, positive human beings who have a passion for the topic we cover to use some brain power and look past those who are negative.

And they do.

Those who are fans and are looking for solid positive content will come here and find it. Those who are angry and bitter will always be there as well. Solo.com will shut down and they will move to another site. It's just the nature of the internet.

Morrissey focusing his anger and disgust towards David and even this site really shows his age and how he has lost touch with the current state of media. Is focusing on shaming one person going to stop the internet as a whole? No. The way HIS fans and people who attend shows and buy records share their feelings? No. It really illustrates an ignorance and complete self-serving foolishness that surprises me.

Here's a guy who wrote the music publications, who was proud to be a critic and a VERY vocal opinionated music fan. That was then, this is now. I think his 22 year old year self would be disgusted and poke fun at his 52 year old self. If teenage Morrissey was alive today he would be at NewYorkDollsfansite.com all day long. The idea that he somehow can't see that really hammers home a sad change in a man I thought I could relate too all these years...

I'm not sure I do anymore...

Seriously... Morrissey does not read the comments on this site... you people have to get this through your head... this is a guy who was faxing well into the email era; doesn't understand that music is 98% digital now (and thus would be better off releasing material on his own)... someone is clearly saying, "this site is bad"... Morrissey reading the comments on this site is the same as a celebrity reading all the comments about them on tmz-- it just doesn't happen.

I don't necessarily think so. I bet the faxing thing trailed off long ago and he's been active enough online to read the random hate here, but not really get the context of it.

David, can you explain how this incident happened (how did security spot you, for example) and what do you think Morrissey's problem is with your site, which on the face of it is a fairly regular fan site. As others have pointed out, offensive/critical material comes from people who comment below the stories. Anyone who spends time on the Internet knows that much of what is written below the line is from people who like to cause offense and is best ignored. For the record, I like this site because it gives me information on Morrissey and links to reviews etc. After listening to his music for 25 years, I finally went to see him for the first time this year in the UK and it was great (though obviously not as a good as it would have been 25 years ago).

David has met Morrissey. This thread might provide some context -

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...tionship-between-Morrissey-and-Morrissey-Solo

Uncleskinny actually went to tremendous lengths to cover up his own role in the "Jed Skullcap" controversy. He persuaded Theo to delete a number of his own posts on the matter, and managed to get DavidT to delete main page comments that referred to his role in it all.

Peter is in this for himself, always.

Not Peter?

"The MEN gig is definitely a hoax" Peter?

"The Isle of Wight gig is definitely taking place" Peter?

that Peter???

Oh Moz, time to consider other talents. I remember that story many moons ago, 'he did not abstain from burping.' There is a Guinness World Record for Burping. Drink those Coronas Moz, the record (not the deal) could be yours....

The Moz vs. Tseng rivalry is nothing but a publicity stunt. Think about it. Why would Tseng fly to Denmark from L.A. to pay money to attend a concert of an artist who has publically condemend him? It's not reasonable or logical. Sure, the web page is a source of income. Now you see. Moz, the band, & Tseng are laughing all the way to the bank.

I don't believe that all the anon comments are from non fans.

The truth of the matter is , is that Morrissey has been in decline for over 10 years bar one or two gems written by alain.

This band of his are truly shocking , the music is shocking but your not allowed to register comments such as this.

Would it make you all feel easier if I registered with a user name? , frankly I can't be arsed to register and I repeated these comments.

Been a fan since 84......yes I am that old and this music of his , his band etc etc are quite frankly shit. Fact. And if the three new songs are anything to go by I will not buy the new album......I'm not even looking forward to it.

Have you heard tobia's rock-outs on fatty.......that musician and I cough slightly saying that is murdering songs by Alain and johnny. Emabbarssing , and he comes to the front of the stage to show everyone how he can rock- out.

Anyway......turn the lights off.

mozzer is becoming a salty old git. totally blaming others for his sub-par material since 1997. i must agree this jesse guy is lame. such a shame considering how much dedication david t put into morrissey-solo for 14 years

I don't believe that all the anon comments are from non fans.

The truth of the matter is , is that Morrissey has been in decline for over 10 years bar one or two gems written by alain.

This band of his are truly shocking , the music is shocking but your not allowed to register comments such as this.

Would it make you all feel easier if I registered with a user name? , frankly I can't be arsed to register and I repeated these comments.

Been a fan since 84......yes I am that old and this music of his , his band etc etc are quite frankly shit. Fact. And if the three new songs are anything to go by I will not buy the new album......I'm not even looking forward to it.

Have you heard tobia's rock-outs on fatty.......that musician and I cough slightly saying that is murdering songs by Alain and johnny. Emabbarssing , and he comes to the front of the stage to show everyone how he can rock- out.

Anyway......turn the lights off.

You said it, brother!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom