"Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it?" - The Guardian Music Blog

Found this in The Guardian website...

Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it? by Stephen Kelly - The Guardian Music Blog
After a 5,000-mile trip from LA to Copenhagen, a Morrissey fansite owner was looking forward to seeing his favourite artist in concert. Instead he was refused entry and given a lifetime ban

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Stephen Patrick Morrissey,

Over the years I have bought all of your Cds, I have paid good (and bad) money too see you play. I can accept that you are growing fatter, balder and grumpier. I can accept that you have a massive Mr Potato head. I can accept you playing naff-ish versions of Smiths songs. What has tipped me, though, Mr Morrissey, is your shocking treatment of a guy that hosts a fansite. An internet forum with differing opinions? Who knew?! Throwing a person out of gig for simply running a site that allows open and honest discussion about your increasingly bland recorded output is just mental. For that reason, i'm out. Mr Morrissey - you will not get a single penny more of my money. I will spend my spare cash on burgers, leather shoes, puppies to eat and rare birds eggs - LOADS OF THEM.

Good night and thank you.

Well done Morrissey for banning David Wong. Down with Morrissey-so-low. Close it now!

Re: Article: "Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it?" - The Guard

Hugh Clark ??? Do people on here really think that Hugh has a direct link to Morrissey?? I dont think for one minute that Hugh was able to contact his people regarding David T.

This site is not policed and to many negative things have been said about Morrissey over recent years. The buck stops with David T right or wrong.

Was it right for him to get chucked out??, im not so sure. the fact he was just shows how much Morrissey hates this site.

After the T Shirt incident a few weeks back, why would David T still want to travel 5,000 miles knowing what Morrissey thought of him and this site?

I went to last nights show with my husband and his sister and whilst we were waiting in the que, she pointed out Morrissey's security men who were visualy checking the people in the que. Maybe, and only maybe they were keeping an eye out for David T ??

He admits that he is "childish" and always will be. I don't look to Morrissey for maturity or for him to make nice to other pop singers, politicians or anyone. If he wasn't childish, he would have swallowed his pride and settled with Joyce 15 years ago --for much cheaper than what he has paid out (both emotionally and financially). But I don't look to Morrissey for civil litigation advice. If he wasn't childish, he wouldn't have walked out of a show in Ohio when someone put up a sign that said "Joyce 1, Morrissey 0. Look to someone else for good behavior.

Like Dave Tsweng this site is f*****y, close it down. Love and kisses the Wong Boy. Wong Boy, haha, see what I did there? f*** YOU MORRISSEY SO-LOW you suck skin flutes. Viva Morrissey and well done for banning this pseudo fanboy.

Leave Morrissey alone you retards. Two Wongs don't make a right, right?

Re: Article: "Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it?" - The Guard

Dear Stephen Patrick Morrissey,

Over the years I have bought all of your Cds, I have paid good (and bad) money too see you play. I can accept that you are growing fatter, balder and grumpier. I can accept that you have a massive Mr Potato head. I can accept you playing naff-ish versions of Smiths songs. What has tipped me, though, Mr Morrissey, is your shocking treatment of a guy that hosts a fansite. An internet forum with differing opinions? Who knew?! Throwing a person out of gig for simply running a site that allows open and honest discussion about your increasingly bland recorded output is just mental. For that reason, i'm out. Mr Morrissey - you will not get a single penny more of my money. I will spend my spare cash on burgers, leather shoes, puppies to eat and rare birds eggs - LOADS OF THEM.

Good night and thank you.

Sadly, I feel the same way. I've looked the other way over Morrissey's treatment of other people, but this is too much. He might as well ban me. But he doesn't need to, I can do that myself.

Those who stay, instead of negativity, why don't you start a forum topic praising the virtues and genius of "How Can Anybody Possibly Think They Know How I Feel". I'm sure that song changed many lives here...

Bob-

I think there are a number of issues here and they have obviously been around for a long time.

Some of the news items that have been posted on this site over the years were bound to rile Morrissey.

Freedom of speech is all well and good, but you can still have that while asking people to log into the site (ironic I know as I haven't bothered to log in to post this). The best forums on the net don't allow anonymous posts imo and this site would have been better if David had followed suit.

And other parts of the site such as the downloads section shouldn't be there either imo.

I'm not saying that I agree with Morrissey's actions but I think the site could have been run very differently for a long time.

He doesn't run a site dedicated to those people, does he?

I never said he did. and david tsing didn't start a site for that reason its just a platform where people are able to share there views like other websites, like morrissey uses interviews.
not everyone on here slags Morrissey off.

Like Dave Tsweng this site is f*****y, close it down. Love and kisses the Wong Boy. Wong Boy, haha, see what I did there? f*** YOU MORRISSEY SO-LOW you suck skin flutes. Viva Morrissey and well done for banning this pseudo fanboy.

What's your name - Joseph Goebbels? Strap a bomb to your chest and blow yourself up you f***ing fanatic.

And by the way, homophobia makes you a TWAT.

The tone of the site, these days, is set by right-wing closet cases like !Viva Hate! and Theo, who take out their rage on the pop star whose music sadly prevented them from slitting their wrists during high school.

The moderators are lying, unintelligent, smug, selfish, malicious blockheads.

David Tseng is the man without qualities, the man who wasn't there, Patrick Bateman, etc. (Ever notice how he's never described except as being "nice"? It's like a compliment you pay someone you expected to be a drooling halfwit); a Microserf whose entire identity he owes to his unearned place on Morrissey's coattails.

This site is nothing. A lot of middleaged Phish fans who started coming here during the simultaneous explostion of the internet, and the mainstreaming of Morrissey in America via You Are the Quarry, feel wedded to it. As well they should. They certainly aren't wedded to spouses. They're failures in every aspect of life, and the delusions of grandeur they're enjoying during this controversy will prove to have been the peak of their lives.

Morrissey, meanwhile, outpaces in every aspect of his career virtually every comparable musical figure. The biggest star in the world chose his last album as her favorite of its year. His concerts almost invariable sell out, everywhere. He has no trouble getting airplay. He has no trouble getting record contracts--WHEN HE WANTS ONE.

He has no trouble getting laid.

He is a multimillionaire, worshipped in every nation on Earth.

You have ten thousand posts on a web forum.

You fail.

I feel really frustrated. I have no idea if this was a publicity stunt.

I have loved Morrissey since 1990 and been to many of his shows.

I was here during the wildneress years of the late 1990s and early 2000s. Yes, this site felt great to be a part of during those years, which I was in my early 20s. Met a lot of nice people, felt connected, this site has great news articles, tour information. And I do believe it got some of the superfans together and even helped develop the notion of a superfan - one who travels lots of miles just to see Morrissey perform.

But I will tell you, I haven't been around this site much since the early 2000s. Because of all the horrible comments.

I think Morrissey has attracted different people. For me, I related to his bookishness, I am vegetarian also, I was the type to walk around my small town and hang out in libraries, and I came from a working class small town near the water, like Everyday is Like Sunday. It was a lot like England where I grew up. I was shy, white and felt I shared some of his characteristics. I fell in love with his music before even knowing what he looked like.

But somehwere along the line Morrissey did bring up subversive topis like criminal stuff. Okay, some of its good. I like a good mystery story myself. But I noticed when he was in LA he started out with the gang theme. I was in California myself and attended some shows. Well I noticed Morrissey was attracting a much different crowd with this music. When I went to a couple shows in California I was assaulted verbally. And at one show, the people were so rough that I was assulated physically. Someone grabbed by arm like an animal and pulled me really hard.

I was scared. This was nothing like the 90s and the shows full of gay people and quiet bookish vegetarians like myself. In fact, going to this website and that experience made me think twice about going to another show. I didnt go to the Hollywood Bowl bc of it.

I am not sure if it is the gang themes, but it could also be that I noticed theres just a lot of jerks on this website.

If you like this website, like I do, why not tone the negative comments down? I realize you have a lot of anger in your life, but youre really destroying the thing we all love - Morrissey.

Why are you trying to ruin the musician you love? Morrissey might have his days, but he is a man with feelings. People do have feelings. Everyone does.

For him to read the bad comments about himself on this website is probably very DEMORALIZING. When he gets on the stage he wants to look back at people he feels like him. Would you like to get on stage in front of hundreds of people you think tore into you? No, the feeling would be really demorializing. Youd probably wonder what you are even there for.

Think about it: You have a job you worked hard for. You go to work and your boss or people you work with are bullying you every day. How good is your morale going to feel???

My opinion is I like Alain a lot. I like Jesse Tobias too. I saw him play in California and he was excellent. A handsome guy giving the music a new and different feel.

Anyway, I really do feel for David. But I am starting to agree to take these anon comments away. Please take them away. Its ruining Morrisseys career and most of the fans are turning for the worse.. Hell probably retire soon thinking we are all a bunch of basketcases. Nobody is going to win.

Morrissey, there are fans who really do like you.

The tone of the site, these days, is set by right-wing closet cases like !Viva Hate! and Theo, who take out their rage on the pop star whose music sadly prevented them from slitting their wrists during high school.

The moderators are lying, unintelligent, smug, selfish, malicious blockheads.

David Tseng is the man without qualities, the man who wasn't there, Patrick Bateman, etc. (Ever notice how he's never described except as being "nice"? It's like a compliment you pay someone you expected to be a drooling halfwit); a Microserf whose entire identity he owes to his unearned place on Morrissey's coattails.

This site is nothing. A lot of middleaged Phish fans who started coming here during the simultaneous explostion of the internet, and the mainstreaming of Morrissey in America via You Are the Quarry, feel wedded to it. As well they should. They certainly aren't wedded to spouses. They're failures in every aspect of life, and the delusions of grandeur they're enjoying during this controversy will prove to have been the peak of their lives.

Morrissey, meanwhile, outpaces in every aspect of his career virtually every comparable musical figure. The biggest star in the world chose his last album as her favorite of its year. His concerts almost invariable sell out, everywhere. He has no trouble getting airplay. He has no trouble getting record contracts--WHEN HE WANTS ONE.

He has no trouble getting laid.

He is a multimillionaire, worshipped in every nation on Earth.

You have ten thousand posts on a web forum.

You fail.
This.

Mr Tseng, thanks for your outlet on Moz these many many years. I'm ashamed for him to do this to you, and agree, this site is for discussion etc. and hope you don't quit "at his request." Someone must document the demise. Well I Wonder if ebay record prices will increase with Moz in Strangeways soon?

So sad. Seems a big part of the reason Moz hates this site is a basic misunderstanding of the nature of comments. I'm sure he would rather not have rumors or negative stories printed, but it always seems like Moz thinks David T. writes or endorses the crazy, negative commenters.

So sad. Seems a big part of the reason Moz hates this site is a basic misunderstanding of the nature of comments. I'm sure he would rather not have rumors or negative stories printed, but it always seems like Moz thinks David T. writes or endorses the crazy, negative commenters.

Seriously... Morrissey does not read the comments on this site... you people have to get this through your head... this is a guy who was faxing well into the email era; doesn't understand that music is 98% digital now (and thus would be better off releasing material on his own)... someone is clearly saying, "this site is bad"... Morrissey reading the comments on this site is the same as a celebrity reading all the comments about them on tmz-- it just doesn't happen.

morrissey is a singer and writes music.
and hes reaaaally good at it. remember?

Dear " Yawner" always "Yawning" like you are weary but still here and dreaming hovering over others..I just want to belch at you because your yawning has grown tiresome.I am sorry you have narcolepsy and feel somehow superior...but it's tired.

Really, Morrissey? You've crossed the line of being a little too diva-ish for my taste. Keep fighting the animal rights causes, keep putting out great music, but I'll be damned if I shell out any more dough to come see you live so you can either ban regular folks like myself, stop making people eat the food of their choice at your concerts, and that's if you don't decide to cancel at the last minute. Sorry, Moz, you really lost respect from a long-term fan. And I'm not afraid to sign my name....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom