Morrissey bans Morrissey-solo.com owner davidt from concerts for life

Arse of the world sends the links:

Two separate sources:

Morrissey bans superfan for life - WENN.com via Toronto Sun
Morrissey Slaps Concert Ban On Website Owner - WENN via ContactMusic

Morrissey has taken extraordinary action against the owner of a fan website by banning him for life from the singer's concerts.

The former The Smiths frontman declared war on Morrissey-solo.com after owner David Tseng refused to prevent members from discussing the star's private life or criticizing his career moves.

The singer stepped up his campaign against the forum last month by taking to the stage during a show in England wearing a T-shirt printed with the words: "F**k Morrissey-solo.com".

Tseng was shocked when Morrissey's security guards ejected him from a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark on Monday - and now it's emerged the Suedehead hitmaker has banned Tseng from all of his gigs because of his "poisonous" website.

A spokeswoman for the Morrissey tour tells WENN, "Mr Tseng via his poisonous website has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well David now has more time on his hands without those Morrissey gigs...perhaps he could set up a fan website to inform people about reliable and accurate Morrissey news!?

Lord knows I haven't seen one of those in a while

well, that show that "Morrissey" is greater than S.P.M.
... (or like a fried said: "he's great at his job, so dont take it personal")

fernandel12

(forgot my password)

Oh Mozza, has fame destroyed your kindness or was it ever there?

I call for a change of name. JohnnyMarr-Solo.com! The REAL hero of the Smiths and the member who actually cares about his fans.

Unreal! Resisting the knee jerk tho ... note to self and to you- there's no reason to believe everything that's written .... i've been a visitor and, moons and moons ago, frequent contributor to this site and David is the uberfan ... not sure why the tide has turned ... but reminder: what's written isn't fact, people!

Oh dearie, you're so lucky to have such a short list of people you want to ban from your life! Mine is a mile long...
I've been coming here lately to get info for new downloads, and tour news, and a story like this kills my desire to make a purchase of any sort. I love reading about fans' tour experiences, and excitement over new material, inspite of the few bad apples slinging what they sling.
Yeah, people can say shitty things about him, but he's not the only one, so why does it bother him now? The only way to shutter the haters in the web is to pull the plug on the entire thing.
We come to this site because we love him or love to hate on him, either way it's out of love!
People change as they age, for better or worse, so maybe for me it's time to only bask in the sounds of his halcyon days...
B.C.K.
http://bcstwentyyears.blogspot.com/

There is so much bile and abuse of Morrissey and the band allowed on here that I can understand it. Moderate out the abuse and rubbish!

duh the band sucks and morrissey is a c***...He can't take criticism or truth...Should we all lie and say he is such a great person...He is a mentally imbalanced person who surrounds himself with people who say yes moz...He needs a slap of reality...David is a great guy and it figures that morrissey would ban him. Morrissey needs morons idiots and freaks to surround him so he feels better about himself and David is none of those things...I hope morrissey realizes how he has alienated his fans with his idiotic comments...He talks shit about tons of people and he can't take it...David shut down this site...Morrissey deserves no attention or adoration...Let His bandmates kiss his ass because it will make up for them fuc$#ng up Smiths songs...The genius that is Johnny Marr is shat upon when Jesse the Brown Noser Tobias tries to play them...

Morrissey.... really, are you ok? This act marks a terrible moment in your otherwise relatively peaceful existence in life and the music industry. While minor to you, this act marks a sign of instability and senselessness. What is next, saving jars of urine under your bed? Relax and know this; publicly or privately, fans and people have their opinions of you.

This forum has mostly been informational but there have been some that have flamed you and/or your band. Trust me, it is not because this forum exists that people have problems with you or your band. You cannot please everyone, and this act of blocking David is mostly not pleasing your fans and the listener population as a whole.

These are your fans, and David provided a place for them to learn about you and hear reviews of shows. I myself will still go your shows but I am embarrassed for you. You cannot please everyone, trust me I should know.
Blocking David is an act of barbarianism and I thought more of you. You used your bouncer power to push a fan out because “other people” posted comments about you on his website. Shameful at best. Forum or not, some dislike you, and some like you. Simply the cost of being successful.

-Kyle Kontney

It's incredible, but hardly surprising, how many of Morrissey's fans have written in here to condemn his action in banning David T. It's little wonder Moz despises this site. I'm all for free speech, expressing your opinion, etc. But come on! Do you support Morrissey or do you not? If you don't then I would recommend you start trolling other fan sites dedicated to other musicians. Lady Gaga, anyone? You're gonna miss him when he's gone. VIVA MORRISSEY!

Looking back what this site was and what it's now, I'm completely sure that the best thing to be done is close it down. It doesn't make sense anymore.

and no matter what happens, MOZ will live forever in my heart. I will love him till I die.

It's incredible, but hardly surprising, how many of Morrissey's fans have written in here to condemn his action in banning David T. It's little wonder Moz despises this site. I'm all for free speech, expressing your opinion, etc. But come on! Do you support Morrissey or do you not? If you don't then I would recommend you start trolling other fan sites dedicated to other musicians. Lady Gaga, anyone? You're gonna miss him when he's gone. VIVA MORRISSEY!

:thumb:

David I am truly sorry that this has happened to you. I can't even imagine what you are feeling after going through the past couple of days. You truly do not deserve these actions taken against you. I just wanted to tell you that you have made the right decisions regarding this website over the years. Thank you for making the best fan website ever in existence. Time and time again...no good deed goes unpunished. Morrissey has bitten the hand that feeds him time and time again. I think it's time for me to rethink my loyalties. He obviously has no loyalty to his fans.

What an asshole!

(I have been visiting this website for years, and I'm pretty sure this is my first post.)

GS

I bearly can't imagine what David Tsjeng [ yes with a J] must feel , about all the time
and how devoted he was doing all support for Morrissey, first via his fanzine
since 1997 this website, the server, the domain, over the years he made
it better and bigger, just voluntary, David has a day time job too

I hardly can image what he must do, getting stabbed in the back by a man
and his former band he was dovoted too

Closing down,will satisfy Morrissey, the man who never had the guts
to fire, eject people himself

Think of Gary Day, Spencer Cobrin, Alain Whyte [who luckily had written
songs after he decided not to tour with the band

Hold on David, hope take some time to decide what to do

take care

I couldn't agree more.. this whole thing is just crap. I am still, in disbelief. The whole thing is just coming to an end.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom