Morrissey bans Morrissey-solo.com owner davidt from concerts for life

Arse of the world sends the links:

Two separate sources:

Morrissey bans superfan for life - WENN.com via Toronto Sun
Morrissey Slaps Concert Ban On Website Owner - WENN via ContactMusic

Morrissey has taken extraordinary action against the owner of a fan website by banning him for life from the singer's concerts.

The former The Smiths frontman declared war on Morrissey-solo.com after owner David Tseng refused to prevent members from discussing the star's private life or criticizing his career moves.

The singer stepped up his campaign against the forum last month by taking to the stage during a show in England wearing a T-shirt printed with the words: "F**k Morrissey-solo.com".

Tseng was shocked when Morrissey's security guards ejected him from a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark on Monday - and now it's emerged the Suedehead hitmaker has banned Tseng from all of his gigs because of his "poisonous" website.

A spokeswoman for the Morrissey tour tells WENN, "Mr Tseng via his poisonous website has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these "dregs" include you? Because it seems like the logic of your heightened awareness of the way things work is defeated by the fact you felt obligated to log in anonymously to spread your enlightenment. :straightface: Get a life.

Amazingly, some people don't have usernames here but read and post anonymously on occasion because they can, (and in this case after reading the stories about all the recent drama) and because in general this site has so little to offer there really isn't much point in joining.

It's easy to see why Morrissey hates this site. There's not much to see but the worst coming out in people and not much to redeem it. I wouldn't want my name associated with it.

this is really sad for morrissey-I really love his music and have done for many years!!!
but tonight I will eat an extra steak just to provoke him, thats for sure!!!!! just like robert smith did, when he provoked him with no reason:)

thanks god he knows who needs to banned from concerts! life sentence for assholes like you. WE DON'T WANT NON-VEG PEOPLE there. keep hands off morrissey you slugs!
.. and now seriously- he is real Star and he's got rigth to refuse people. well done!

This is kinda how I see it. You can guess who the foot belongs to.

[youtube]49c-_YOkmMU&feature=related[/youtube]

It's a circus, alright. :rolleyes:

Amen brother. Well said, good post.

I also tend to think the underlying thing behind Moz's behavior has something to do with Jesse Tobias.

Morrissey, himself is not really ripped on solo. No one is attacking him.

No one is particularly going after the other band members either. It is really about Jesse Tobias.

I think the very many Morrissey fans who don't like Jesse are in the right to criticize him and hope for his departure from the band.

The very poor music composition, the heavy handed playing, the power-chord insanity and lack of finesse and style is why Jesse is so disliked.

It's very frustrating and disappointing to try your best to support Moz but have to put up with Jesse Tobias hanging around.

See this article from 2006 posted on the forum:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...nline-yet...?p=1333562&viewfull=1#post1333562

Morrissey is quoted as saying, "You were asking earlier about new muses? Well, of course it's Jesse as well." Morrissey also discusses being "happy" a lot in this interview.

There's been lots of innuendo on the boards about what this ultimately means, but if fans dislike his "muse"... well, I think we see the results.

I can't help but draw a parallel with Yoko Ono.

I read many of the comments here and realise it must be in our natures to constantly bicker and fight. I think many of us need to grow up and stop acting like f***ing kids (which is actually an insult to kids!).

Good on Davidt for sticking up for freedom of speech (and shame on Morrissey for trying to suppress it) but I think this site could do with a bit of moderation. It's getting tiring having to wade through all the shit to get to the decent posts...

Unbelievable. Some apparently sentient being says, "well done David for supporting freedom of speech" by allowing people to say what they want. "Shame on mozza for trying to stop people saying what they want.'" "and now David it's time to stop people saying what they want because all these posts are so cr%ppy."

Dear oh dear.

If any of us was in Morrissey's position and had the ability to have a go back at what goes on in this forum in the name of fandom then we would more than likely do it, it certainly beats the usual inane posts on here.

I must add that it is very harsh on David but I suppose he has to carry the can for the anonymous posters really. He could quite easily change that without effecting anyones freedom of speech.

What nonsense. As a Barrister myself - and one with a few quid in the bank - I will gladly find David Tseng a legal eagle, pay for it and win him some money. That's a promise.

A couple of issues for the hard of thinking: even at a private event, you can sue if you're denied a service you have paid for. If the INTENTION of Morrissey to charge David and ban him from entering the gig can be proven, Morrissey can be sued for even more.

Now grow up, you internet stalker.

yes! i would say the "F*** morrissey-solo" shirts is a pretty good indicator of intent!

Good for Moz. He doesn't have to put up with this shit anymore. This site is rubbish and is a joke.

That's all.

He never had to put up with it anyway. I don't see most artists trolling messageboards about them and holding grudges. Most seem to have better things to do, or at least less fragile egos.

One thing I don't understand is how this story made it out into the mainstream media?

How did that come about?

Dear Friends: Lets all stand with Morrissey with Thanks & Appreciattion for his music & kindness. We appologize to any & all we have offended and ASK only for decency..."Am I Still ILL"??

Dear Friends: Lets all stand with Morrissey with Thanks & Appreciattion for his music & kindness. We appologize to any & all we have offended and ASK only for decency..."Am I Still ILL"??

No. Let's stand together and challenge hypocritical, unfair and petulant behaviour and not allow our worship of someone's music to colour our judgement of his appalling actions.

I always thought M didn't read this or similar websites! Honestly! There are interesting issues here, and rubbish too ... But that's life, is it not?

...wrote a woman who never saw an online lynch mob she could resist.

Go make "aren't we naughty/tougher-than-these-emo-kids" posts with Buzzetta, now. We can never have enough of those.

for a boring ex-housewife she sure does like to pretend she's the cool chick online doesn't she? every time I give solo a glance my only thought is that these people deserve each other. I keep wondering when will they change the name to "internettoughguy-circlejerk.com" since the whole place is nothing but about 10 or 12 predictable uninteresting users, desperate for attention, all trying to out-clever and high five each other. how low does your self esteem have to be to have to seek approval from loser personas like these?

for a boring ex-housewife she sure does like to pretend she's the cool chick online doesn't she? every time I give solo a glance my only thought is that these people deserve each other. I keep wondering when will they change the name to "internettoughguy-circlejerk.com" since the whole place is nothing but about 10 or 12 predictable uninteresting users, desperate for attention, all trying to out-clever and high five each other. how low does your self esteem have to be to have to seek approval from loser personas like these?

Do you people realize what hypocrites you are?

You weep and moan at any criticism of Saint Morrissey and then sneer and deride people here just because you think you're better than they are. You're no better than the people you're criticizing. That also means Morrissey's criticism of the site INCLUDES YOU TOO.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom