Morrissey bans Morrissey-solo.com owner davidt from concerts for life

Arse of the world sends the links:

Two separate sources:

Morrissey bans superfan for life - WENN.com via Toronto Sun
Morrissey Slaps Concert Ban On Website Owner - WENN via ContactMusic

Morrissey has taken extraordinary action against the owner of a fan website by banning him for life from the singer's concerts.

The former The Smiths frontman declared war on Morrissey-solo.com after owner David Tseng refused to prevent members from discussing the star's private life or criticizing his career moves.

The singer stepped up his campaign against the forum last month by taking to the stage during a show in England wearing a T-shirt printed with the words: "F**k Morrissey-solo.com".

Tseng was shocked when Morrissey's security guards ejected him from a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark on Monday - and now it's emerged the Suedehead hitmaker has banned Tseng from all of his gigs because of his "poisonous" website.

A spokeswoman for the Morrissey tour tells WENN, "Mr Tseng via his poisonous website has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Last edited by a moderator:
You just gotta laugh, really. Now there's an old man making a fool of himself. :crazy:

I think I've said it for years - I don't know why you bother, David. He doesn't deserve your dedication.

It pains me that he behaves like that. I love Morrissey, but as he gets older, I find it more and more difficult to respect him. He's like a stubborn little boy.

MORRISSEY , YOU CANNOT STOP PEOPLE FROM STARTING RUMORS, FROM TALKING ABOUT YOU OR FROM THINKING ABOUT YOU. YES THIS SITE AT TIMES HAS POSTED STORIES THAT YOU WOULD NOT LIKE YOUR FANS TO KNOW ABOUT (SOME VERY UNTRUE, SOME COMPELETELY TRUE, SOME ANYWHERE IN THE MIDDLE) THE GREAT THING ABOUT THIS SITE IS YOUR FANS HAVE A PLACE TO COME AN TALK ABOUT IT AND MOST WILL DEFEND YOU AND KNOW THAT AT THE VERY LEAST WE DO NOT ALWAYS KNOW THE ENTIRE STORY OR WHOLE SET OF FACTS. BUT EVEN IF THIS SITE WERE SHUT DOWN, YOU WOULD HAVE OTHER SOURCES THAT WOULD CONTINUE TO PRINT RUMORS AND MAKE UP STORIES. WHENEVER I HAVE READ SOMETHING ELSEWHERE, SOLO HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE PLACE I COME TO SEE WHAT OTHERS KNOW OR ARE THINKING. YES I CAN THINK FOR MYSELF AND CAN USUALLY DISTINGUISH TRUTH FROM TOTAL RUBISH. BUT IT ALSO HELPS TO HAVE A PLACE TO GET MORE INFO. DAVID HAS ALWAYS PROVIDED THIS. I LIKE THAT ANY IDIOT CAN POST WHAT EVER THEY ARE THINKING. NOT CARING WHAT OTHERS THINK ABOUT YOU AND NOT KNOWING WHAT OTHERS THINK ARE TWO VERY DIFFERENT THINGS. SOLO IS A GREAT RESOURCE. A CENSORED WEBSITE WOULD NOT BE AS POWERFUL--BECAUSE I AGREE THAT 'KNOWLEDGE IS POWER". WHEN IT BECOMES TOO DIFFICULT TO HEAR BAD THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF WELL YOU CAN CHOOSE TO JUST STOP LISTENING, BUT IT DOESN'T STOP OTHERS FROM THINKING, SAYING OR DOING WHAT THEY DO. FACE IT ,YOU HAVE MADE YOUR MARK AND YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ON SOMEONES MIND.
LOVE
k
(sorry for screaming but i don't think you're listening)

ps. David, even if Morrissey does not acknowledge the power you have given him with this site, I would like to thank you for the platform for all the great information (concert reviews, pictures, etc) this site contains. Yeah theres alot of crap on here too, but such is the world! Its sad that things have gotten this bad. Too bad the trolls have ruined things in this way. I still have my copies of SYL and too bad that this site does not reflect the beautiful work those fanzines were.
Cheers!

He should appreciate that people are still talking about him. He is getting a wee bit too ridiculous and I used to adore him, so that is quite sad.

Go back and read the threads right before Hugh got banned. I went back and forth with him over and over and tried to get him to just follow the rules of the site. He was so angry that he really didn't want to have any part of it. It's all there in the archives. Hugh got himself into his own trouble. Blaming me is like blaming the math teacher for "giving" you an F when you don't know how to do long division.

I met Hugh a long time ago. I like him. He's a nice guy. I think you would be hard pressed to find any moderation by me that matches what you accuse me of but please try.

Feel free to send my picture to Morrissey. I'd love to think that he has time to put me on his personal blacklist.

And finally to answer your question, being a douche is not a right of passage to writing a book. All of us can write a book.

I'd like to thank you for legitimizing my post and this site by posting yourself. Of course, I have legitimized yours as well which means the percentage of legitimate posts in this thread is just going up!

No, you are f***ing dead wrong. The fine-tooth comb that moderators used to ban Hugh was disgusting as well as being set up. The worst troll on this website IS IN FACT Kewpie and you and your other goons. Since Hugh was banned, current members, unbanned have achieved FAR WORSE than Hugh ever did!

You need to admit you're piss-poor in your position on this website. I once read a post by you, a while back, that it was "OK to talk shit about Morrissey because he's a public figure." You are f***ing trash with NO ETHICS. Just because someone is a public figure, it doesn't mean it's open season on them. You have no class and YOU and your other goons are why this website is now defunct in nature. It's the end, it will have no future relevance AND it's yours, Kewpie's, and the other's fault for driving it in to ground.

You pissed the wrong person off and he did something about and he won and you lost and his name is Hugh (apparently).

Congratulations.

Why not ban anyone with different opinions than Morrissey, and just be done with it? Then, everyone will know where they stand.

As the crowd chanted at Madstock: 'Morr-iss-ey's a wanker! Morr-iss-ey's a wanker!'

What a total prat. The day the music died...or was that when he wrote that dire new material?

:mad: this is so sad....... i have lost all respect for morrissey as a great artist....
AGAIN IF THIS IS TRUE, this is a place of gosspip... like the news on the TV and in the papers.....

think morrissey needs to explain and redeem his reputation if true..

I can list over a 100 active threads that are disgusting in nature.

This website allowed the Hollywood Bowl to be leaked (totally unchecked) which is so f***ing illegal, it's SICKENING.

This website has FAILED and I really hope a lawsuit does follow. And bored, it IS your fault TOO.

No, you are f***ing dead wrong. The fine-tooth comb that moderators used to ban Hugh was disgusting as well as being set up. The worst troll on this website IS IN FACT Kewpie and you and your other goons. Since Hugh was banned, current members, unbanned have achieved FAR WORSE than Hugh ever did!

You need to admit you're piss-poor in your position on this website. I once read a post by you, a while back, that it was "OK to talk shit about Morrissey because he's a public figure." You are f***ing trash with NO ETHICS. Just because someone is a public figure, it doesn't mean it's open season on them. You have no class and YOU and your other goons are why this website is now defunct in nature. It's the end, it will have no future relevance AND it's yours, Kewpie's, and the other's fault for driving it in to ground.

You pissed the wrong person off and he did something about and he won and you lost and his name is Hugh (apparently).

Congratulations.

I'm not a public figure and you sit here an trash me. You are doing exactly what you don't want to have happen to Morrissey.

If you have any evidence of what you speak, please post it or it didn't happen.

As far as the rest of your enraged babble... "cool story bro"

The people that are permanently banned deserve it.

rather subjective.

Morrissey feels Tseng deserves the life ban. I agree.

See how this game could get out of control rather quickly. The morrissey-solo game got out of control when Tseng stubbornly refuses to do away with anonymous postings, damaging rumors and gossip, and hateful posts about Morrissey and the band...

And speaking of hateful posts...I agree Morrissey's new material is weak, but I'm not going to troll him and the band and say mean-spirited things. Get a life and move on if you don't like his new stuff. It's a style that some like and some don't. Like all music Anyway, I"m getting off subject...good luck mods.

And I really really really hope Morrissey extends the same treatment to Kewpie.

David T - many thanks for bringing us this great website over the years. The first site I visit EVERY DAY to be informed / enertained / infuriated.

Morrissey - to have your heavy mob throw someone out of a concert just because you don't like their website makes you a f***ING FASCIST. You suck!

This website is great partly because it allows a large degree of free speech. Bravo davidt.

As someone on here posted the other day - to the whiners who can't deal with the Anonymous postings: 'If you can't stand the heat, get away from Hell'.

There is a place in Hell for me and my friends.....Listen to the song, you`re not invited..:mad:

Lucky Morrissey, he has self-appointed ass-kisser Hugh to search for David at shows to get him tossed. Bravo Hugh. You're a real hero. Enjoy being with the "in crowd" until they're fired too. Then see how many true friends you have left. Hint: It won't, and never will, be as many as David Tseng has.
Or more likely Morrissey will find out that for £20 you can buy a copy of his gig's from Hugh's best friend and then Hugh will be the next one banned for life.

Team David

I can list over a 100 active threads that are disgusting in nature.

This website allowed the Hollywood Bowl to be leaked (totally unchecked) which is so f***ing illegal, it's SICKENING.

This website has FAILED and I really hope a lawsuit does follow. And bored, it IS your fault TOO.

The copyright owner never filed a DMCA claim. Fact not opinion.

Had they, it would have been taken down.

There are laws and processes in the US and that is how that one works.

Thanks for letting me know I too have some power in destroying Morrissey's happiness. How ever shall I celebrate?

Anyone found criticising Morrissey:

We are watching you. We know where you live. A list of names is being compiled. Armed men will visit your door and take you away to a camp for 'reconditioning'. You must love Morrissey. Hate-speak will not be tolerated. Go to you fridge now and throw out all meat products. You have 24 hours to comply.

You have been warned!

rather subjective.

Morrissey feels Tseng deserves the life ban. I agree.

See how this game could get out of control rather quickly. The morrissey-solo game got out of control when Tseng stubbornly refuses to do away with anonymous postings, damaging rumors and gossip, and hateful posts about Morrissey and the band...

And speaking of hateful posts...I agree Morrissey's new material is weak, but I'm not going to troll him and the band and say mean-spirited things. Get a life and move on if you don't like his new stuff. It's a style that some like and some don't. Like all music Anyway, I"m getting off subject...good luck mods.

And I really really really hope Morrissey extends the same treatment to Kewpie.

But Morrissey can say mean spirited things about everyone else right? Morrissey wants people dead. He wants heads on platters, he wants people to die in hotel fires and car crashes.

The critics here just want better songs.

Try some Mountain Dew to wash down your hypocrisy. The caffeine does wonders for your energy level.

I'm not a public figure and you sit here an trash me. You are doing exactly what you don't want to have happen to Morrissey.

If you have any evidence of what you speak, please post it or it didn't happen.

As far as the rest of your enraged babble... "cool story bro"

You're such a little punk. You really are. I've trashed "you". Who are "you"? "bored" is your "real" name? No, it's not, is it. So, you look stupid, yet again. And hey, you know, what comes around goes around. Do you really think people are going to allow you to trash Morrissey and you not get it back? You're not only a punk, you're naive.

You still haven't commented on the fact that the Hollywood Bowl audio was illegally shared here, on this very website, on the very forums THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MODERATING. The user "!Viva Hate!" brags about leaking it openly and there he is, heavily involved in "GIF Wars". Do you see how ridiculous you are?

Again, you have failed. Kewpie is on your side, while Hugh and Morrissey is on mine.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom