Morrissey bans Morrissey-solo.com owner davidt from concerts for life

Arse of the world sends the links:

Two separate sources:

Morrissey bans superfan for life - WENN.com via Toronto Sun
Morrissey Slaps Concert Ban On Website Owner - WENN via ContactMusic

Morrissey has taken extraordinary action against the owner of a fan website by banning him for life from the singer's concerts.

The former The Smiths frontman declared war on Morrissey-solo.com after owner David Tseng refused to prevent members from discussing the star's private life or criticizing his career moves.

The singer stepped up his campaign against the forum last month by taking to the stage during a show in England wearing a T-shirt printed with the words: "F**k Morrissey-solo.com".

Tseng was shocked when Morrissey's security guards ejected him from a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark on Monday - and now it's emerged the Suedehead hitmaker has banned Tseng from all of his gigs because of his "poisonous" website.

A spokeswoman for the Morrissey tour tells WENN, "Mr Tseng via his poisonous website has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Last edited by a moderator:
This website is great partly because it allows a large degree of free speech. Bravo davidt.

As someone on here posted the other day - to the whiners who can't deal with the Anonymous postings: 'If you can't stand the heat, get away from Hell'.

So you're basically threatening him.

I don't think this will suprise anyone familiar with your past behavior here. As for sycophants: My God, the irony. You can return to servicing the mods now.

I'm not threatening him, I'm warning him. Someone who openly demeans people with stage banter yet refuses to tolerate criticism labelled as poison will be met with the same poison cosmically. He's rocking the boat with his stand. The water is salty and the salt is poison. I wish him luck.

I don't service mods. I service Morrissey. He's not making his life easier but what could he do I guess? He's looking out for his band. Godspeed. I thought this was going to be a mellow peaceful tour. :o

Banning davidt for life from concerts? Frisking fans for meat products? Man's f***ing out of his mind.

The world is full of crashing bores and Morrissey has just added his name to that list.
The gestapo has spoken, be very careful kids, the next person might be kicked out of a show for not cheering wildly enough after one of the new songs.
Sad to see such bitterness from a man of his age. I can see this sort of boar-headed action from a young Britney Spears or some other diva, but this is just unexpected and sad coming from such a great artist.

My god. I seriously can't believe this. I've bought every record this man has ever released, been to see him more times than I can count on my digits but... never, never again. What a silly old man.

This website is great partly because it allows a large degree of free speech. Bravo davidt.

Until you're banned for criticizing the moderators. Then you can go say whatever you like on a site that David and his moderators can't stop ridiculing, and claiming, with a deafness to hypocrisy that beggars belief, that THAT site, made up of people BANNED from this one, advocates censorship.

That is how f***ing dumb this site, and its users, are.

It's probably a blessing that the next few gigs are in non-English speaking countries and won't care about this crap.

I'm not threatening him, I'm warning him.

You're warning him that the cult you belong to is out for him. That's all. I see.

As for Morrissey's opinion of you, perhaps he's aware that the last experience his beloved fan Mel (to whom he wrote such a moving memorial) had on this site was being trolled by yourself?

Think about that. And take your meds, finally.

Banning davidt (or anyone) for "life" from concerts? Frisking people for meat products? Man's out of his frickin' mind!! Best remove yourself, Morrissey, from this terrible world that we're in, and go live in a nice, (heavily) gated community somewhere, and wait to die.

Posted by ____
David, have you, like, turned yourself into a blank? *g*

Has anyone seen Morrissey?

There is a sad bitter man using his name.

Mr. Tseng's posts are on Morrissey's career or related to the subject. This is probably the best site for Morrissey news since he rarely gets any press. I don't think true-to-you.com gets as much traffic as solo.

This site originates from the United States where it's free to express an opinion. Sure some of the thoughts are not "friendly or kind" but again, in this country, you're entitled to your opinion wether you attach a name or not.

Morrissey's dramatic outburts are nothing new but they certainly are takin a toll on this fan lately. My opinion is, you (Morrissey) should retire before you do anymore damagae to your career & legend.

robertboyracer

this is really sad for morrissey-I really love his music and have done for many years!!!
but tonight I will eat an extra steak just to provoke him, thats for sure!!!!! just like robert smith did, when he provoked him with no reason:)

A ban for "life", f***ing hell how long is he going to carry on with this career, you're supposed to go out on a high not become a laughing stock. Give it up Moz and f*** you, you're pathetic man

This is getting stupid now. I don't know whether Morrissey was directly behind Tseng's banning from shows. I don't think we'll ever know. I think it's too much to expect Morrissey to ever make any kind of statement about this. But whoever is responsible, and for whatever their reasons, this is a stupid move. 400+ comments on the Copenhagen show thread, its own story on the main page. Media outlets picking up on this. This could potentially destroy any chance of a tenth album for Morrissey, a figure who is legendary throughout the industry for being difficult to work with, at the best of times. For him to be known as the man who is seemingly trying to isolate a strong portion of its fanbase - well, he'll undoubtedly be ridiculed.
I'm just trying to put this in perspective, and trying to be as diplomatic and objective as I can here.
I first started visiting this site, as a poster, chatter and avid reader, in 2002. The comeback RAH gig on the 2002 - heard about it here. First airing of new tracks, Janice Long session, Quarry, Ringleader, 45th Birthday gig. This site has broken all of this and more, and yes, the argument exists that we would have heard about it elsewhere if not here, but the fact is we DID read it here. This site was once a lifeblood for Morrissey fans. It is a site I have visited - sometimes only for a fleeting look - on average once a week for almost a decade.
When you shine (or do anything) in the public eye, you're going to be talked about. That's a fact. The worst thing you can do is read your own press. Do people reckon Chris Martin or Bono or Thom Yorke lurk somewhere around their own message boards and fan sites? If they do, they probably keep it to themselves.
If the act of banning David for life from Morrissey shows was an attempt by security to keep Moz in some sort of protective bubble, then I hope they know what they've done. (I wonder whether these people working for Morrissey are the same security that reportedly LEAKED those rumours about tour personnel not being paid for the 2002 tour?)
If it is Morrissey who had a say in getting David banned, then all I have to say is what a stupid move to make! Trying to sever this by the head is not going to work. Like the Hydra, two heads are going to grow in its place. Flamers and haters and trolls will continue do what they do, only moreso. Hate this site, its followers and its 'leader' as much as you want, but what difference could David's presence in Denmark possibly make? Like choosing whether to read this site, its stories and its comments, ignorance is always bliss. The fact that David (who, I believe is still US based) traveled miles and paid in real money, to see one of yours shows, possibly half way round the world, speaks volumes to me. What was he going to do, throw a sausage in Morrissey's face? You've got your security trying to thwart that anyway.
The community of this site isn't what it used to be by any means. And yes, there are a large portion of very poorly people who post some of the dirge that they do, but come on, the World is Full of Crashing Bores. There's nothing you can really do about it. Morrissey should have left well alone and just did the show.

The world is full of crashing bores and Morrissey has just added his name to that list.
The gestapo has spoken, be very careful kids, the next person might be kicked out of a show for not cheering wildly enough after one of the new songs.
Sad to see such bitterness from a man of his age. I can see this sort of boar-headed action from a young Britney Spears or some other diva, but this is just unexpected and sad coming from such a great artist.

"Censorship" is his first name. This is just the consequence of hyper-egoism and a circle of dependants and yes-persons.

You're warning him that the cult you belong to is out for him. That's all. I see.

As for Morrissey's opinion of you, perhaps he's aware that the last experience his beloved fan Mel (to whom he wrote such a moving memorial) had on this site was being trolled by yourself?

Think about that. And take your meds, finally.

I don't belong to a cult, I'm a freelance weirdo. And I never trolled his beloved Mel.

Lemme make a deal with you, Anonymous. I'll take my meds when you decide to eat something. :thumb:

I'm not threatening him, I'm warning him. Someone who openly demeans people with stage banter yet refuses to tolerate criticism labelled as poison will be met with the same poison cosmically. He's rocking the boat with his stand. The water is salty and the salt is poison. I wish him luck.

I don't service mods. I service Morrissey. He's not making his life easier but what could he do I guess? He's looking out for his band. Godspeed. I thought this was going to be a mellow peaceful tour. :o

Maybe you should take your own advice

"After Morrissey renounced this site with the shirts and now with this other business, i basically had, have, no choice but to pack up the Crystal Geezer Show and throw it in the trash. All of my symbolism studies and analogy parallels and alchemy work and hermetic androgyne case studies SHOT. I thought he read them, took some interest, maybe identified with them a bit, or that it helped him. It seems apparent that he never even read them, which basically makes me a fool. So, anyway. i gotta go. To continue posting would be idiotic and i'm NOT crazy, i have a life. "

Blimey Charlie!! So much bullshit has been written on here in the last 2 days. Do I wear a Morrissey or DavidT "T" at Brixton next month? Obviously only one winner their or I won't get in with a Mr T "T"!! Its over this site and we all know it. Time to move on, lick yer wounds people and do what you need to do. Its all a game..........................

I for one won't be going to another Morrissey concert. What a bitter pathetic twat he has become (as evidenced by the Dermot O'Leary interview and now this totalitarian stalinist nonsense). I won't be missing much anyway - a dreadful karaoke parody of his former self with a band of fourth-rate musicians. And Moz has the cheek to lecture people about animal rights and the monarchy? Sad, sad, sad.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom