Morrissey bans Morrissey-solo.com owner davidt from concerts for life

Arse of the world sends the links:

Two separate sources:

Morrissey bans superfan for life - WENN.com via Toronto Sun
Morrissey Slaps Concert Ban On Website Owner - WENN via ContactMusic

Morrissey has taken extraordinary action against the owner of a fan website by banning him for life from the singer's concerts.

The former The Smiths frontman declared war on Morrissey-solo.com after owner David Tseng refused to prevent members from discussing the star's private life or criticizing his career moves.

The singer stepped up his campaign against the forum last month by taking to the stage during a show in England wearing a T-shirt printed with the words: "F**k Morrissey-solo.com".

Tseng was shocked when Morrissey's security guards ejected him from a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark on Monday - and now it's emerged the Suedehead hitmaker has banned Tseng from all of his gigs because of his "poisonous" website.

A spokeswoman for the Morrissey tour tells WENN, "Mr Tseng via his poisonous website has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you people realize what hypocrites you are?

You weep and moan at any criticism of Saint Morrissey and then sneer and deride people here just because you think you're better than they are. You're no better than the people you're criticizing. That also means Morrissey's criticism of the site INCLUDES YOU TOO.

Who's weeping and moaning? At the moment, just you.

I do think I'm better than some of these people, yes. Absolutely. Am I better than a morbidly obese schizophrenic? Thankfully, yes. I should hope that most of us would be. I only want the best for all of us.

What is "Morrissey's criticism of the site," by the way? That's right: you don't know. All we know is that he dislikes it. His dislike could be centered entirely around your own posts. Or perhaps it's about the stupid f***ing animated .gifs. "Ooooooooo, a random celebrity breaking into a smile again! AMAZING!!!"

How come there is no official statement from David about him getting banned?
We would like to hear what he says about the situation or is Kewpie censoring him as well?
In the parts of the world where David comes from censorship is an every day experience.
I just feel he owe it to his readers to make an official statement on his new found fame.

Damn, guess I was lucky that Moz didn't bother to argue when I yelled Manchester United back in 2000. Julia was there...

I wonder if I should sell his sweaty West ham shirt now.

CLASSIC! What's the fuzz about? He didn't get beat up by the guards or anything!
Morrissey - this is so ROCK'N'ROLL..

Long live Morrissey!
I will go to his concerts whether David Tseng is there or not.

Yes but its not really a "fan" site if its used to criticise and abuse is it??? First visit for me and what strikes me immediately is that there are hardly any positive comments on this page so therefore not a fan site!!

Funnily enough some of those who comment do it again and again - why keep coming on here if your not interested in the Genius that is Morrissey????? Get lost and leave us real fans to it !!!! :p

Wow, I've haven't visited the website lately, because the new look and feel just isn't the same as the old site and I haven't found the urge lately. It could also be there is no real news lately, and although I've cursed this website many times for the idiots that post shite here, I did get a lot of decent news here. The other websites were pale and bland in comparison. It was the kind of thing that could keep you going when there was no Morrissey news to bad had. So, I guess I'm guilty at times for being a voyeur and reading about some of the people on here and there stories about Morrissey. There were the unbelievably made up dumb ass stories that I ignored, but there were some decent ones to be had.

But, I don't get Morrissey's move to wear a shirt like that on stage and to ban David T. Seriously, I thought you didn't read this site. He's probably still reading it, addicted no doubt. I don't know what to make of this. I've been an immense fan since 1988. And, I say fan, because I don't just listen to the music there is that oneness you feel with Morrissey, beause his writing has always been so good you can so easily make it your own and connect with it. Connect with it in a way that you just can't have that kind of intimate pseudo relationship with other artists. Even after driving hour hours on end in the middle of the night to get to a concert and find out after waiting around all day long that Morrissey has cancelled and others are cursing him outside the venue, I remained true and didn't let it bother me because that's life.

Morrissey's decisions aren't mine to be second guessed he will do what he wants to do regardless of anyone, but I have to really question this latest move. I can't believe you moan about the lack of a record deal. 2002, and yes we let you get away with that one. But, 2011? This ain't the 80s. Tons of high quality artists are doing it without the major labels. You're shirt shouldn't say f*** MORRISSEY-SOLO.COM it should read f*** THE MAJOR LABELS I DON'T NEED THEM and in fact I can put out the best record ever even without your major label bullshit. Keep Boz and dump this rest of that shite band and get some real musicians in there.

Interesting, the stuff that goes on here.
I also find it interesting that Morrissey (according to his recent BBC Front Row interview) knows that David Cameron, whom he's not a great fan of, Cameron being a stag-hunter, Tory, all that, is a big Smiths and Morrissey fan and has seen a few of Morrissey's concerts. Yet, he never bothered to ban Cameron from any of his gigs. But the owner of a website devoted to Morrissey gets that honour, for criticising him, and allowing criticism of him? Again: Interesting.

Regarding Morrissey making a fool of himself - well, I can kind of see the angle for that, to be honest.
http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/57403
"First and foremost, she had her chance [in Ireland in May] to give the six counties back, and that would have been revolutionary, and that would have been astonishing, and that would have been a great leap forward, and a great investment of faith that would mean that everything has changed, that we are all civilised now."
"But of course she said nothing of the kind, and I thought that was so typical. And all the reports were saying how she was breaking ground and she was charming everybody and so forth. But these press releases come from Buckingham Palace and nowhere else."
I'm not a monarchist by a long shot; heck, I'm not even from Ireland or the UK, so I really could care less about the Queen (or to be precise: the abstract concept of the position of the Queen, as it were). But having been in Ireland (Republic of) for a while, including the time the Queen was visiting this year, I can testify that Morrissey's statements are completely off the mark, at least with regard to sentiments of people on the South coast of Ireland. The whole trip was a sign that "everything has changed, that we are all civilised now", which is pretty much what most random people I cared to ask in the street or the canteen said, the papers generally agreeing without having to copy and paste Palace press releases.

His "apology" for his mood during the BBC 2 Interview is equally erroneous and inane.
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/morrissey-apologises-for-difficult-interview_1216371
[...]the British television news media, who [...] rained hours and hours of blubbering praise onto Kate Middleton - a woman about whom nothing is known on a personal level. The message is clear: What you achieve in life means nothing compared to what you are born into. Is this Syria?
I'm almost inclined to agree with him on the wedding and would even add some rant about Kate's sister, Pippa "fake tan" Middleton, whose claim to fame is to be the sister of somebody who married one of the two sons of the heir of the throne of England.
And then Morrissey brings Syria into play, which is a comparison so incredibly far off the mark, it's not even funny.

All that said - I listen to "I have forgiven Jesus", and can't help but feel that the very same double-standards, diva-ness, hipocrisy, egocentricity, out-ouf-touch-ness, etc. that Morrissey displays in many of his interviews and actions are actually the same thing that feed his music and lyrics. So I kind of grasp why being a Morrissey fan (I wouldn't call myself one by a long stretch) can be such a consuming thing. You're constantly being kept on the edge, having to defend your hero's actions to the rest of the world who "just doesn't get it". Which is of course a mechanism that just reinforces your allegiance to him. Once I've defended something that other people give me crazy looks for, it gets harder to retreat from that position because it might imply having been wrong from the beginning.
That's not a Morrissey-specific observation/thought, but I think Morrissey is a pretty good example.

Sorry if this is too reflective.

Off now...

Morrissey is scared that Mike Joyce will give him a karate chop. Mike Joyce could kill Morrissey with a karate chop. If Mike Joyce killed Morrissey with a karate chop, I'd go to the funeral as a spectator.

The moz is dead. I never saw the moderator write one bad thing about the singer but because he allows free speech he is the bad guy. I assume it would take me all of ten seconds to find the singer commenting on the horrors of not having free speech. I think it is time we all realized that the singer never gave a shit for anyone but himself and money.
I guess it could be worse, he could have shit on his fans back when he still had something to say.

You're shirt shouldn't say f*** MORRISSEY-SOLO.COM it should read f*** THE MAJOR LABELS I DON'T NEED THEM and in fact I can put out the best record ever even without your major label bullshit. Keep Boz and dump this rest of that shite band and get some real musicians in there.

Wow I am impressed.. I to cannot believe this extreme Morrissey has gone to. lack of apprieciation, Id say. Has he forgotten we are the outside world? indeed I have backed off because of all the stupidity said here. Yet i do come back to read Morrissey's where abouts and plans. I'd love to see him in concert. Then I also believe that besides Boz the rest just got to go! I have no ambition to hear him and if he does a concert with them I shall only be going because of Sir Morrissey's songs. it may have been about Sir Morrissey solo carreer But it became Morrissey Thy Band! it is sad they broke up.. But nothing really last forever. But I also have not paid attention nor do i know their names!.. Still I have been a faithful fan. Morrissey has encouragesd many to take life from the balls and do their own. he should be proud. Now with this.. he seems arrogant.. Do not let yourself become invisible as an anonymous person to me ... People have their reasons and their RUDE reasons to...This is serious!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom