Leeds - Academy (July 7, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Irish Blood, English Heart / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / The Kid's A Looker / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Know It's Over / Action Is My Middle Name / Speedway / Satellite Of Love / Alma Matters / People Are The Same Everywhere / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat is Murder / First Of The Gang To Die // Panic

set list provided by dan the man and The Smiths Indeed

Last edited:
Nobody of substance cares about your site anymore. The other site is thriving with kindly and interesting people.

I used to love this site, now it revolts me.

what site is that mate?

Nobody of substance cares about your site anymore. The other site is thriving with kindly and interesting people.

So why are you here now?

The others site is so great that your are here now ...

yeh thick tossa, same people on both, jus too fickle to realise that. hows life in ya mommas basement going anyway?

Tonight was just so good !, went to the Bradford show last week and that was great - but this was 3 times better. Ended with Panic and sent the pit mental. Obviously a lot went on in between, but i'm too buzzed at moment to type it all down :lbf:

In a nut shell: FANTASTIC GIG :thumb:

I came on here to recommend the other site. You seem to question my intellectual capacity, but one glance at your spelling and grammar leaves you in no position to do so. Your scathing wit is positively Wildean.

yeh thick tossa, same people on both, jus too fickle to realise that. hows life in ya mommas basement going anyway?

Tonight was very mediocre for me. I also did York and Bradford which were incredible and stunning respectively. I felt that Moz was bored tonight. Going through the motions. I was front centre and saw it in his eyes. He also forgot lyrics and, aside from a terrfic attack on the Royals, did not have much banter. I think his concentration simply waned...he even had a short fit of the giggles at one point...?!

This was the last Moz gig for me this year...assuming he doesn't add more later in the year...and I wish I had left it with Bradford.

I guess everyone has an off night...and I think tonight was one.
:(

Perhaps not the best gig of the tour, but an enjoyable night I thought. Morrissey looks like he's lost a lot of weight and there was a fair amount of mic-whipping and lots of audience response - Boz was treated to a chant of "We love you" during the band intros and Jesse...well, wasn't. "Action Is My Middle Name" went down a storm and it felt like the fans are really starting to like it, though the other two new songs fell flat.

The low point of the evening was definitely Moz' unnecessary, regurgitated anti-Royal ranting - wishing death on the Queen, William & Kate "thick as pigshit", mocking Prince Charles and 'Camel' and saying that England isn't really a democracy whilst it still has a monarchy, etc. He had some fairly valid points that just got lost in a torrent of juvenile name-calling and bitterness. It all seemed a little childish.

The balcony area was absolutely dead - I want to say a personal thankyou to the young woman in the centre, dancing around amid a sea of rigid bodies - made me smile because I couldn't believe how subdued some of the crowd were. And as for the people leaving every 10 minutes to get drinks...:rolleyes:.

If anyone has a ticket stub from tonight they dont want I would love it as I seem to have lost mine, great gig again but nowhere near as good as Bradford in my eyes

Really, truly enjoyable. Was just in front of Boz who was on top form and caught a pic (pink with Boz Boorer on it! - Yay!). Lots of highpoints..Morrissey was almost in stitches on EILS. Deafened and blinded by MIM. Good bouncing around to Panic. Off to bed...zzzzzzz

Amazing gig, one of the best, some excellent set list changes, I know its over brought me and many to tears, never heard it so good, and Morrissey appeared to really get into it when singing it. Amazing.

poor old moz looked tired tonight, but hey ho was still a great evening, thought the band were great and looked at ease.
i to cant understand why peolpe in a 75minute show have to struggle through to the bars, wait a fukin age to get served, then struggle back to the mosh, spilling most of their beer, have a few sips and then find it amuzing to throw it all over people.
I enjoyed grimsby more, but still wwouldnt be anywhere else tonight........

I want the one I cant have
Your the one for me fatty
Irish blood
Shoplifters
You have killed me
The kids a looker
Im throwing my arms around paris
Ouija board
I know its over
Action is my middle name
Speedway
Satellite of love