'f*** morrissey-solo.com' says Morrissey and the band

Re: Morrissey and the band have a message for you.

I have an impression that allyouneedismorrissey has a censorship system.

Morrissey recently complained about BBC Radio 4 Front Row edited his comment about Royal Family which shows he's clearly against censorship, but he totally misunderstands about Morrissey-Solo.com. :(

It's not your place to criticise a real Fansite.

I remember you censored JJ (the one had his book held tonight) when he posted a picture of a baby with a hitler moustache, You are also the changer of thread titles so get over yourself.

Morrissey and his band have criticised this site and as you are a moderator on here, you need to take some of the blame.
Now, go and sit on the naughty chair until Morrissey tells you to get off.

I remember you censored JJ (the one had his book held tonight) when he posted a picture of a baby with a hitler moustache, You are also the changer of thread titles so get over yourself.

Morrissey and his band have criticised this site and as you are a moderator on here, you need to take some of the blame.

yea Kewpie its all the mods fault! :lbf: :crazy: hope Morrissey comes in person to tell us to get off the naughty chair!! :thumb:

Hahaha, a real fan site?

This site is one of them because it has almost 15 years history.

Last edited:
'f*** morrisseysolo.com' says Morrissey and the band.

Could you make this the title of the 'Morrissey and the band have a message for you' thread.

It's too nice.

This site trumps True To You AND the lame ALLYOUNEEDISMORRISSEY.

Yes those are "nicer" sites but the idea that there is nothing positive said on this site is absurd.

The fans here are rabid. In good ways AND bad ways. We're all human. The longtime members here, and the mods, have put up with a lot of shit over the years...but THIS is the place everyone comes back to. For better or worse, warts and all, THIS is the definitive Morrissey fansite.

And everyone -including Mozzer- knows it.

"Definitive", though, and people's concept of it, is often just a product of age and longevity. The other site has only been going a year, and I think a lot of people here may be slightly biased against it and unwilling to give it a chance because it was started by previous (and, in many cases, still active) Solo members, and is in some ways seen as simply an offshoot. I'm not specifically referring to you, Skywalker, but I don't like the implied assumption which has been bandied around a lot that AYNIM is just for sycophants or people who are determined to only say good things about Morrissey. We on the other site have to put up with shit too, mostly in this form, and as a member and active participant of both sites that saddens me.

Last edited:

Its a compliment that people on here can call a crap song a crap song instead of fooling themselves they are great. He`d be better advised getting a new band instead of attacking some of his supporters.

reminds of a club trying to quell a campaign to get a football manager out of his depth sacked instead of looking at the real issue - poor music.

This site trumps True To You AND the lame ALLYOUNEEDISMORRISSEY.

Yes, those are "kinder, gentler" sites but the idea that there is nothing positive said on this site is absurd.

I don't exclude myself from wallowing in the shitty end of the pool from time to time. But I'd hate to not be able to post here and recently I've realized that rampant, unchecked negativity is bad for morale and bad for the site as a whole. Negative comments and unpleasant opinions about all things Morrissey (including the way we talk to each other, his fans) should never be out and out censored or disallowed, but people -including me- must not forget why we're here in the first place and when the shit talking goes unchecked, then yeah, that's why this place gets a bad reputation. There's a time and place for nastiness but when the nastiness becomes the focal point, something is wrong.

The fans here are rabid. In good ways AND bad ways. We're all human. The longtime members here, and the mods, have put up with a lot of shit over the years...but THIS is the place everyone comes back to. For better or worse, warts and all, THIS is the definitive Morrissey fansite.

And everyone -including Mozzer- knows it. He may not like it, but he knows it.

bloody here here!!!
smiley_cheers.gif

Maybe morrissey-solo & that other site with the long name should both accept that every post on every forum everywhere is pretty much a waste of time.

Including this one.

Neither is any better than the other because both are f***ing pointless.

Its a compliment that people on here can call a crap song a crap song instead of fooling themselves they are great. He`d be better advised getting a new band instead of attacking some of his supporters.

reminds of a club trying to quell a campaign to get a football manager out of his depth sacked instead of looking at the real issue - poor music.

Again, as I think I said a few weeks ago, it's subjective- saying that a song is crap doesn't make you the pinnacle of wisdom or the embodiment of 'telling it like it is', and nor does saying that you like it mean you're fooling yourself. It's just opinion, nothing more. I've readily criticised aspects of the new songs both here and elsewhere, but for the most part I like them. I don't pretend I'm right, it's just my view, and which site I happen to be posting on at any given moment won't change that. This, I expect, is not at all uncommon.

ohhhhh i see they are pretty mad about the Hollywood bowl rip......

ironically he was holding a copy of Manchester Music Tour by .......JJ

I wonder if he would still be holding it if he knew how pro-Joyce JJ was...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Do you really hate us Morrissey?:tears:

Just kidding, I suppose it is funny.:confused::p

from Facebook..David you should sell these at $20 a pop:)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-27 at 7.09.36 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-06-27 at 7.09.36 PM.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 426

Yes, it absolutely does.

The Rules
1. R.E.S.P.E.C.T towards Morrissey and the forum members sets the tone of atmosphere here
This means you can critize his choice of trousers (pro jeans, less exited about the blue pants or whatever) his lyrics, music, political views etc. But please only join if you understand the difference between critique and disrespectfulness. If in doubt, imagine he would read your post and you would not like a kicking. It takes guts to be gentle and kind, I trust that we can find that in us.

2. Sexist, ageist, homophobic and demeaning posts will be deleted.

3. I aim to ask you first to change whatever caused offence, but cannot promise that. Be prepared that I might delete a post if you brought my low blood pressure up. This is not perfect but thats the way it is. I try to confer with another mod.
However, offenders will get warnings and timeout before banning and I tend towards amnesties.

Trolls however will be banned immediately and their postings deleted.

3. "Truth" Let the label on the tin be what the content is. Actual news go into the "News" folder. Spoofs must be labelled as such or exxtremely obvious.

4. This is an extension of my anti-demeaning posts stance:
Common courtesy as in a nice pub /cafè shall prevail.

"Swearwords/anatomy terms" re persons are a no-no in this forum,
I treat "mistypings" or typographic tricks to mask offensive terms (@, *, etc) in the same way as the offensive term.

I`m tolerant re "swearwords" re situations / things. "FFS" is ok by me, terms of anatomy not. Blasphemy is a thing btw you and the deity of your choice, unless you try to be nasty to mine/others.

There won`t be a "General bashing zone".

5. We might have scars from the past, from another forum or from personal disputes. I understand but this is not the place for a slag off - We `ll always have facebook for that. Lets start afresh.

6. Please be tender with me. English is not my first language.

7. If you have suggestions, want to open subboards: fine, let this place bloom and flourish

What I don't understand is if that place is so much better and this a waste of internet bandwidth then why do they keep coming over here?

Yes, it absolutely does.

The Rules
1. R.E.S.P.E.C.T towards Morrissey and the forum members sets the tone of atmosphere here
This means you can critize his choice of trousers (pro jeans, less exited about the blue pants or whatever) his lyrics, music, political views etc. But please only join if you understand the difference between critique and disrespectfulness. If in doubt, imagine he would read your post and you would not like a kicking. It takes guts to be gentle and kind, I trust that we can find that in us.

2. Sexist, ageist, homophobic and demeaning posts will be deleted.

3. I aim to ask you first to change whatever caused offence, but cannot promise that. Be prepared that I might delete a post if you brought my low blood pressure up. This is not perfect but thats the way it is. I try to confer with another mod.
However, offenders will get warnings and timeout before banning and I tend towards amnesties.

Trolls however will be banned immediately and their postings deleted.

3. "Truth" Let the label on the tin be what the content is. Actual news go into the "News" folder. Spoofs must be labelled as such or exxtremely obvious.

4. This is an extension of my anti-demeaning posts stance:
Common courtesy as in a nice pub /cafè shall prevail.

"Swearwords/anatomy terms" re persons are a no-no in this forum,
I treat "mistypings" or typographic tricks to mask offensive terms (@, *, etc) in the same way as the offensive term.

I`m tolerant re "swearwords" re situations / things. "FFS" is ok by me, terms of anatomy not. Blasphemy is a thing btw you and the deity of your choice, unless you try to be nasty to mine/others.

There won`t be a "General bashing zone".

5. We might have scars from the past, from another forum or from personal disputes. I understand but this is not the place for a slag off - We `ll always have facebook for that. Lets start afresh.

6. Please be tender with me. English is not my first language.

7. If you have suggestions, want to open subboards: fine, let this place bloom and flourish

I see nothing wrong or censoring with those rules at all, and I would say the same if I wasn't a member. They are mainly a combination of a desire for common courtesy and the moderator's rather tolerant preferences, none of which- in my experience- impinge on people being able to adequately express themselves over there. Obviously to an extent it's down to personal perspective, but isn't censorship usually a significant obstacle to free expression? I see absolutely none of that.

What I don't understand is if that place is so much better and this a waste of internet bandwidth then why do they keep coming over here?

Because some of us still enjoy the conversation and posts of other members who chose not to join the other site, and don't feel like we want to leave Solo completely. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Tags
cleanup david tseng fuck msolo reform t-shirt
Back
Top Bottom