'f*** morrissey-solo.com' says Morrissey and the band

Re: Morrissey and the band have a message for you.

I still think it's hillariously funny that Boz really picked up the idea. I wonder if it took long to persuade Moz to actually do this. Maybe it will make people think twice when they are about to insult Moz and the band in the future.

Well, I did hear there was someone who went on Boz Borings FB page and said that people have been bitching about the new songs and the band (this was last week)...Maybe that is what got the ball rolling

Last edited:

I'm really sorry about it all.
Once upon a time when Morrissey displayed Solo on his albums as his news' site....

Last edited:
Nah…f*** Morrissey and Boz. The vast majority of the traffic here are users who have spent their hard earn cash on CDs, t shirts and concerts.

So, if some of these users want to say they don’t like certain songs or long players etc or thought a concert was below standard etc. Then they have every right to say so. It’s a free site you can come here or don’t; it’s really up to you.

The vast majority of the users here are very supportive of poor little sensitive Steven and Bore. He gets more negative press from the NME and the tabloids.

The time spent by David T and his moderators shows how they are supportive of his music. He should be more grateful for the support this site has shown him for many years.

I don’t feel the need to be sycophantic towards an aging pop-star.

sooooo.............
15co6zm.gif

Nah…f*** Morrissey and Boz. The vast majority of the traffic here are users who have spent their hard earn cash on CDs, t shirts and concerts.

So, if some of these users want to say they don’t like certain songs or long players etc or thought a concert was below standard etc. Then they have every right to say so. It’s a free site you can come here or don’t; it’s really up to you.

The vast majority of the users here are very supportive of poor little sensitive Steven and Bore. He gets more negative press from the NME and the tabloids.

The time spent by David T and his moderators shows how they are supportive of his music. He should be more grateful for the support this site has shown him for many years.

sooooo.............
15co6zm.gif

you are getting more and more creative with them gifs!

I still think it's hillariously funny that Boz really picked up the idea. I wonder if it took long to persuade Moz to actually do this. Maybe it will make people think twice when they are about to insult Moz and the band in the future.

I for one will never say anything negative about Morrissey, his band, and his current music now that they've wore that mean ol' shirt...

sooooo.............
15co6zm.gif

:rock: Well said, Mr. Blaze.

Well, I did hear there was someone who went on Boz Borings FB page and said that people have been bitching about the new songs and the band (this was last week)...Maybe that is what got the ball rolling

This has already been explained on page 3 of this thread!

Whatever your opinion of this site, this just feels like such a cheapshot, I don't like this one bit.

Morrissey desperately needs a new backing band.

My guess is that someone made this shirts and gave them to boys to wear.

I was at the St George's Hall last night and something strikes me as a little odd.
Morrissey came back for the initial encore wearing one of his usual shirts, he then sang the first few verses of Irish Blood, English Heart before the power went off.
It took 5 minutes or so for the power to be restored and Moz and the band spent this time in the dressing room.
It was only then, when they returned for this 'unplanned' encore, that they all came back sporting the 'f*** morrissey-solo.com' t-shirts.
I struck me as odd last night and still does this morning...
a) Would they ever have worn these t-shirts had the power not gone off?
b) If Morrissey dislikes this site so much, why publicise it via a t-shirt (even if it is negative publicity)? would it not be better to simply ignore it?
c) I was a little saddened by last night's t-shirt 'episode'. This site has been the only source of information for many a year and it is frequented and visited by his most loyal fans. The very people who buy his records, go to his gigs and generally idolise him.
I am not denying that there are some idiots here of course (people who come here with the sole intent of slagging him off, which is something that I have never understood), but isn't that the case anywhere you go? After all Moz should know that 'people are the same everywhere', should he not?

Ok, that's my tuppence worth...

Viva Moz! Viva Solo!

Why would they have the t-shirts printed if they didn't plan to wear them?

I don't think it was odd - the power cut simply messed up with the normal run of things; I think the plan was to leave the stage after First of the Gang and then return for the encore wearing new t-shirts, because the power cut interrupted Irish Blood, the band left the stage then and returned wearing the t-shirts for the last two songs.

I couldn't read the t-shirts from my lofty seat in the balcony, but I spoke to some fans outside that were laughing about it. The first thing I did when I was sat the car park trying to get out was to log onto Solo and see if it had already been mentioned... didn't for a moment think that I should follow Moz's advice, I doubt that anyone will.

Dave

I think the conversation between Morrissey and Boz went like this:

- Hey Boz?
- Mhhh...
- Boz, stop eating, we have to print those f*** Fur tshirts for tomorrow's gig.
- Mhhh, sure. Since we are printing a bunch of those, perhaps we could print something else as well.
- Like what?
- Do you hate anything else, except fur?
- Is this a trick question?
- Racism?
- Yes, hate it.
- Or, some idiot on facebook said we could wear 'f*** morrissey-solo.com' shirts.
- Yeah, I think I hate morrissey-solo more.
- It's done then. Are you going to finish your crisps?

I lol'd :lbf:

This all just makes me sad; lately I feel like I'm just watching my hero grow meaner and more bitter. :( I hope I'm wrong.

This is why you don't have heroes. :cool:

My guess is that someone made this shirts and gave them to boys to wear.

That's what I thought. It's just speculation, but I don't think he'd pay money to print them. If someone gave them to him with a free book, however, well then..???

He probably realizes that whatever he writes in his autobiography, this site will continue to define part of the "Morrissey Phenomenon," at least until there's no more internet. :rolleyes: Recently his hijinks have been way more entertaining than his new material, so at least he continues to deliver on some level.

Since some people seem to not understand the difference between respectful criticism and assholish behavior worthy of the sentiment f*** Morrissey-solo.com,

This is criticism:

The thing is the product is stagnant. I think Moz has just about exhausted the polished LA pop rock sound he latched on to in 1997 and having a conveyer belt machine for new material isn't helping.

For the record I like the musicians - I think they are good players and good people. I however do not think Jesse is an adequate songwriter and Alain's tunes suffer from not having their actual author partaking in their performance. Boz can conjure one or two good efforts an era but only that.

Sigh. It's all very sad.

This is assholish behavior:

And we all feel deep pity that you and a handful of others were so easy to please...it's like giving a dog a milkbone.

So, you're not denying that you are?

I didn't ask you to die...yet.

As if you could ever construct anything intelligent at all...

Please keep it...I don't want you to be lonely at night.

I'd tell you where on your body to shove that unicorn's horn...but I think you already know.

It's been said over and over, but solo would be fine if the TOS involved a "please be respectful and try to act like a decent grownup human" clause and the moderators actually enforced it. The assholish behavior of the ones who have nothing to contribute but who are in love with the sound of their own voice drowns out the reasonable people trying to have a discussion half (most of?) the time. Like it or not, he's a real person with an understandable interest in how he's represented on the internet, and being one of the top google hits for the name Morrissey should involve a slightly greater sense of responsibility for keeping the site civil and respectable.... but that won't happen without a rule demanding it of users and actual enforcement of that rule.

There's a big distance between absolutely no censorship of posts and nothing allowed but nonstop kissing of Morrissey's ass, and you all know this, so please quit acting like the only alternative to the way this site is run is a forum full of rainbows and sycophants. There's a huge middle ground where people are free to talk, but not free of the consequences of what they say if they start talking shit.

Thats awesome!!!!MORRISSEY RULES!!!And this hateforum finally got what it deserved!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

would you tell him you come here often? It is not the mods fault or indeed davidt's that about 4 yea 4! arses have pissed on the site over the years, maybe you can argue that horrible stuff was left on the site so on, but david is pretty clear with his views on censorship and I really think its a bit unfair to tar the whole place, just my opinion. I want to say thanks to david for giving us a place to come for years where many of us have made friends, got the ONLY information out there to be found and had a bloody good laugh over the years.

I DON'T come on here often!
The reason being it a horrible place, It was once ok but I don't even bother reading about the tour on this site as it the same couple of posters moaning constantly.

I posted this thread with a great deal of glee and I praised the new one as it acts as a 'fan site' but Kewpie decided to criticise it to deter comments away from this place.

For the idiot who made the fake conversation between Moz and Boz, the f*** fur shirts, were purchased off Peta. Morrissey personally didn't get them printed.

Tags
cleanup david tseng fuck msolo reform t-shirt
Back
Top Bottom