'f*** morrissey-solo.com' says Morrissey and the band

:lbf::lbf::lbf:

Amazing. Quite funny that he was holding that book too. When he got banned from this site it seemingly coincided with it going downhill.

Don't worry I'll still come here... old habits die hard.

I wonder if in the history of light entertainment if the protaganist of an internet fansite has so forcibly demonstrated his/her non-allegiance to it? Quality

Okay, the shirts are funny enough. But really, I can't imagine taking negativity from this and spreading it via facebook. It's like grade school instigating, I don't understand it. Why ensure that if any hurtful thing is said, it reaches it's intended victim?

Some things are to be ignored, else they're shared to provoke a reaction. And, clearly, it worked. I can't help but find it all sort of sad though.

Re: who was the mastermind behind the f*** Morrissey-Solo shirts?

I support Boz and the band 100%. All songs written and performed by them are high class. Yes, I did tell Boz and so what? Obviously, the band agrees and has proved it to all you morons through a tshirt that they wore tonight.

So who's right here? Enough has been said.

Psst. You still post on this site regularly. Meaning that the message on the shirts is directed at you, as well.
Still feel like a hero?

Morrissey-solo Message
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later that is what i had a mo ago...., for me he can do what he pleases as he always does, this place is not all bad, there are many fantastic people who frequent here and also a lot of dicks too *shrugs*

:thumb:

This site trumps True To You AND the lame ALLYOUNEEDISMORRISSEY.

Yes, those are "kinder, gentler" sites but the idea that there is nothing positive said on this site is absurd.

I don't exclude myself from wallowing in the shitty end of the pool from time to time. But I'd hate to not be able to post here and recently I've realized that rampant, unchecked negativity is bad for morale and bad for the site as a whole. Negative comments and unpleasant opinions about all things Morrissey (including the way we talk to each other, his fans) should never be out and out censored or disallowed, but people -including me- must not forget why we're here in the first place and when the shit talking goes unchecked, then yeah, that's why this place gets a bad reputation. There's a time and place for nastiness but when the nastiness becomes the focal point, something is wrong.

The fans here are rabid. In good ways AND bad ways. We're all human. The longtime members here, and the mods, have put up with a lot of shit over the years...but THIS is the place everyone comes back to. For better or worse, warts and all, THIS is the definitive Morrissey fansite.

And everyone -including Mozzer- knows it. He may not like it, but he knows it.

:thumb:

261398_232533486771882_100000456987552_825946_282217_n.jpg

Funny. Boz says someone should start a new site. :rofl::laughing:
Does that mean that he hasn't even heard of the other LAME ones? :lbf:

Re: Should David take the site down after Moz's shirt statement?

What would you do if you were David?

I'd pull a Morrissey and sue him for slander.

It was me and I have proof

Most of the members of this site are arrogant pricks and I can't stand any of you. When I saw how you guys said Boz Boorer has a belly too big and Morrissey should retire and the band sucks..
I had enough of that

So I wrote on Boz Boorer's wall and told him the following

261398_232533486771882_100000456987552_825946_282217_n.jpg

2yuxabr.gif

It's awesome that they actually took your suggestion though.

If only the content of Morrissey-solo.com could reflect how lovely David's original fanzine Sing Your Life was, with the great photos and appreciative fan articles. It was truly a fun read. morrissey-solo, being on the internet, gives the added advantage of all the tour info being conveniently posted so fans can properly plan to see the shows in real time. It's a remarkable tool and David T is really thoughtful for doing that.

There's nothing and no one telling him to maintain any of this, so people who've irresponsibly ranted and been just simply insulting when you really have personal issues that should reside elsewhere... you do us who remember the good days of Sing Your Life and the earlier morrissey-solo days injustice and have harmed the reputation of the years of good work put into this site. Just my observation, but this seems to be not appreciated by fans, Moz and probably least of all DavidT. If you have a qualm with any of the three, this site is really not the appropriate place. People who truly don't like M's music and are not fans don't even bother coming to this site. They don't even know about it. Just an observation.

Cheers,
romeogirl

So, let me get this straight...

You can't say "Morrissey gives good head" because of children in the audience...
But you can wear a shirt that says "f*** morrissey solo.com"?

Flawless logic.

It was me and I have proof

Most of the members of this site are arrogant pricks and I can't stand any of you. When I saw how you guys said Boz Boorer has a belly too big and Morrissey should retire and the band sucks..
I had enough of that

So I wrote on Boz Boorer's wall and told him the following

You child. I feel embarrassed for you.

Just a few observations: Boz does have a big belly. I could care less, but apparently he is self conscious. Just look at the White Streaking T-Shirt. Every one else is front and center except for Boz who is largely hidden. Again, I see nothing wrong with being a large mammal, but strictly speaking: he's a large mammal.

Without access to a scientific poll, I have gotten the impression that the new material was not well received. I had hoped the criticism might actually have the effect of Morrissey hearing his fan's unhappiness and exert a modicum of effort into the lyrics on the new album. It is now crystal clear what happens on Morrissey-solo.com doesn't stay on Morrissey-solo.com, it wings it's way back to the man himself and his band.

Lastly, you really don't get it: people who routinely visit the Forums and post here are fans. Being a fan doesn't mean one has to check in their brains on the log in screen and simply approve of everything Morrissey does.

If only the content of Morrissey-solo.com could reflect how lovely David's original fanzine Sing Your Life was, with the great photos and appreciative fan articles. It was truly a fun read. morrissey-solo, being on the internet, gives the added advantage of all the tour info being conveniently posted so fans can properly plan to see the shows in real time. It's a remarkable tool and David T is really thoughtful for doing that.

There's nothing and no one telling him to maintain any of this, so people who've irresponsibly ranted and been just simply insulting when you really have personal issues that should reside elsewhere... you do us who remember the good days of Sing Your Life and the earlier morrissey-solo days injustice and have harmed the reputation of the years of good work put into this site. Just my observation, but this seems to be not appreciated by fans, Moz and probably least of all DavidT. If you have a qualm with any of the three, this site is really not the appropriate place. People who truly don't like M's music and are not fans don't even bother coming to this site. They don't even know about it. Just an observation.

Cheers,
romeogirl

I often wonder why David maintains the site. How many times have Morrissey's lawyers come after him and for what? Not to remove copyrighted material, but e-mails and other correspondence which were sent by Morrissey and don't portray him in a flattering light.

I think everyone's getting their knickers in a twist and taking a rather funny, if slightly snide, statement waaaay too seriously.

Buy that man (MW616) a drink. A place in the pantheon of Morrissey fanboy legends and a two bit part in the next David Bret book awaits

more importantly, what are you motherf***ers gonna do when a CME knocks the grid out for 90 days, and you become DISCONNECTED?

Take a hint.

I support Boz and the band 100%. All songs written and performed by them are high class. Yes, I did tell Boz and so what? Obviously, the band agrees and has proved it to all you morons through a tshirt that they wore tonight.

So who's right here? Enough has been said.
This is as hilarious as the shirts the lads wore were ridiculous.

Re: Morrissey and the band have a message for you.

I reckon it wasn't necessary. An atitute like that is so repectless and awful. Why to offend people who are althoughter to celebrate him and his work? It was very very disapointing.

But David T uses Morrissey's name and Morrissey does not approve of this site so he is well within his rights to distance himself from it publicly. Whatever the intentions of the site it's not hard to find numerous examples here that would reflect poorly on Morrissey if people were to assume he approves. You can say that the site does a lot for Morrissey but the site trades on his name also, and Morrissey is simply making it clear that he's not giving his stamp of approval.

Of course this is nothing new. The mystery is why anyone would choose to continue a site dedicated to a person who can't stand it or him.

First of all, I find it pretty funny that MuteWitness616 rushed to the very site he hates to brag about encouraging a shirt that badmouths said site.

Secondly, this is one of the wackest things Morrissey has ever done. Oof. I love that guy and have given him so very many years and hard-earned dollars, but you know what? Recently, it's getting a little harder.

What bothers me is the assumption that "fan" = "person who only loves every single thing and never, ever questions anything." I think the best people to have admiring you (and the best people to surround yourself with) are people who THINK CRITICALLY about what you do. If everyone just constantly tells you everything you do is great, you will never grow as a person or as an artist; this applies to everyone on the planet.

Of course I'm not down with all of the terrible anonymous trolls, but it seems any time anyone posts a thoughtful comment that isn't entirely 100% filled with praise, they are labeled a traitor and run out of town. That is ridiculous. Morrissey criticizes other artists ruthlessly, so he's got to be able to handle the same treatment once in a while.

Again, this really bums me out. As many before me have said, this site really kept Moz going in those lean years between labels and albums -- I would not have had the slightest clue about upcoming signings or tours or releases or anything in those days if it weren't for this place, and I thank David T for keeping us in the loop.

If Morrissey wants to start another fan site with comment sections highly monitored by hired minions, he's welcome to -- but I hope he's willing to shell out a lot of cash for overtime pay, because the people holding those jobs will be deleting comments from terrible anonymous trolls AROUND THE CLOCK. Know why? IT'S THE INTERNET. It makes it easy for everyone to be mean. Go to any site for any artist/musician/actor/whatever with any sort of a forum and see that this happens everywhere. As a grown-ass man in his 50s, surely Morrissey knows this.

He might say f*** this site, but I'm willing to bet about 95% of the sales of his next single will be from faithful readers of the words on this very domain.

This all just makes me sad; lately I feel like I'm just watching my hero grow meaner and more bitter. :( I hope I'm wrong.

But David T uses Morrissey's name and Morrissey does not approve of this site so he is well within his rights to distance himself from it publicly. Whatever the intentions of the site it's not hard to find numerous examples here that would reflect poorly on Morrissey if people were to assume he approves. You can say that the site does a lot for Morrissey but the site trades on his name also, and Morrissey is simply making it clear that he's not giving his stamp of approval.

Of course this is nothing new. The mystery is why anyone would choose to continue a site dedicated to a person who can't stand it or him.

Morrissey is a public figure. He is one who has, year for year, made massively congratulatory comments in a positive way regarding the manic devotion of his fans. That this site should use his name is only common sense. I don't see it as manipulatory of Morrissey at all. It's a Morrissey site. Makes sense to have Morrissey's name in it. It's no deeper than that.

Furthermore, it's called Morrissey Solo...as in, "we acknowledge and support that Morrissey and his music exist after and outside of The Smiths." One of Morrissey's primary lamentations lately is that even in 2011, journalists and critics still focus on The Smiths. An entire website based on his solo legacy is, to me, something he should hold at a higher premium.

Remember when that f***wit held up a radio station at gunpoint and made the DJ play only The Smiths? I remember an interview in Uncut or Raygun in 94, they asked Morrissey about it and he supported the guy. He chose his words carefully but you could tell he had no problem with it.

So as far as I'm concerned, Morrissey accepts that the hardcore fanbase is just that: hardcore. If he does not understand that this pendulum swings both ways, then he's being silly.

Regarding the theory that the ire is over Viva's Hollywood Bowl audio leak: I doubt it. That's an absurd notion based purely on co-incidental timing.

It's far more likely the result of the negativity over the new songs. I, personally, hated them at first but have become quite fond of them. I think many others would say the same thing.

BUT EVEN IF EVERY SINGLE POSTER HERE said the songs flat-out sucked (which they, the fans, didn't and which they, the songs, don't)...what is the basic message of these shirts? That it is OK to hold up a human being at gunpoint so that he plays only Morrissey's songs...but if the consensus of fans is that that Morrissey's newest work may be less than stellar, than the website they choose to express themselves through can go f*** itself?

Ego, ego, ego.

Tags
cleanup david tseng fuck msolo reform t-shirt
Back
Top Bottom