'f*** morrissey-solo.com' says Morrissey and the band

If it wasn't for this site, over half the people who kept his bank account afloat by attending the 1999, 2000, and 2002 tours wouldn't have even known about them.

I'm forced to agree to that point. I missed the 1999 gig here in Berlin, because I simply didn't know about it.

Morrissey owes his very musical existence beyond 1997 to David Tseng and this site.

Now THAT is a huge exaggeration! David united the fanbase through this site, and undoubtedly Morrissey Solo sometimes promoted Morrissey's releases and tours more than his management and official promoters did, but I'm sure that Morrissey would have survived without it.

I'm forced to agree to that point. I missed the 1999 gig here in Berlin, because I simply didn't know about it.

Now THAT is a huge exaggeration! David united the fanbase through this site, and undoubtedly Morrissey Solo sometimes promoted Morrissey's releases and tours more than his management and official promoters did, but I'm sure that Morrissey would have survived without it.

If you agree with the first point, you have to agree with the second. It is cause and effect.

Without news of the 1999 tour on this site, a large percentage of people would not have known about it. If a large percentage of people had not attended the concerts, the 1999 tour would have been a financial failure. If the 1999 tour was a financial failure, there wouldn't have been a 2002 tour. Without a 2002 tour, there would have been no new songs to debut to the fans, no Sanctuary record contract, and no 'You Are The Quarry'. That is a fact.

Only, I'm hardly offended (personally), I'm not a fan of the man himself, and I'm not a fan of his output since 2006. I don't stick around because of the strength of his art, but rather the PAST strength of his art...and the hope that maybe someday he'll wise up to his weaknesses and release something worthy of being included amongst the rest of his back catalog. There is a BIG difference.

However, I don't care about any artist enough to remain devoted to them if they offer nothing at all but silence for over 2 years...David Tseng offered news when Morrissey himself was too lazy to. You are underestimating the impact of a community like this...for the fans, David Tseng grabbed Morrissey by the shirt color and pulled him out of the stagnant waters he was content to drown in. You can't understand what this site means and can't appreciate all David has done because you were not here...you did not live through it. People take this site for granted...and that is truly unfortunate.

Nonsense. You readily admit that you're a big fan of his past work. This is my point. It is his past that made him what he is and why he still has a huge following. Not some website. You say you're not devoted to the artist, but to an internet newspaper that is itself devoted to that artist. Surely you can see how ridiculous that sounds? Surely the world isn't so absurd that someone can allow themselves to maintain a constant presence on a message board about a subject of which they have no interest, just for the sake of.....of what?

I was a Smiths fan in the '80s, and a casual Morrissey fan thereafter. I had totally lost track of him by the mid-'90s (like so many other people I know). When Quarry came out I fell back in line on the strength of his talent and my fond memories, but I would NEVER have been able to follow (nor would I have cared too much about) Morrissey's activities without this site. Solo led me back into the fold, and I've spread the love and dragged in people who had never bothered to listen to him before; now they're big fans.

Pop stardom thrives on hype and community as much as it does on talent. Morrissey refuses to tweet (for which I salute him) and has no facebook page (another salute). Anyone in the media will tell you that you're fairly crippled these days without a web presence.

Solo isn't the only reason that Morrissey is still around today, but it IS the nexus of his online fan community, and that is a big deal.

What you say is true and, I have always thought you were one of the nicer/brighter people on here (just saying), BUT Morrissey has always had a very strong following he really doesn't need this place too much- if this place did not exist he would get the word out another way.
Its worth remembering how big Morrissey was as a pop star BEFORE this site existed.
People are over playing the importance of this site in Morrisseys story/life. This site does help him and he would know that... The fact he used to have ads for the site on his records shows that he WAS grateful.

I can understand why people want this site to mean something, its become part of a lot of peoples lives and to them its important... To some it almost seems like the site is more important to them than Morrissey- Its a place they can let their ego's run riot, as well as make friends etc.

Last edited:
Nonsense. You readily admit that you're a big fan of his past work. This is my point. It is his past that made him what he is and why he still has a huge following. Not some website. You say you're not devoted to the artist, but to an internet newspaper that is itself devoted to that artist. Surely you can see how ridiculous that sounds? Surely the world isn't so absurd that someone can allow themselves to maintain a constant presence on a message board about a subject of which they have no interest, just for the sake of.....of what?

I don't know what you're reading, but I never said I was devoted to Morrissey solo...and that seems to be what you based your whole reply on. So... :confused:

As I said before, you just don't get it...and I'm not going to spend all day on here explaining the same thing to you over and over only for it to go over your head...

I was a Smiths fan in the '80s, and a casual Morrissey fan thereafter. I had totally lost track of him by the mid-'90s (like so many other people I know). When Quarry came out I fell back in line on the strength of his talent and my fond memories, but I would NEVER have been able to follow (nor would I have cared too much about) Morrissey's activities without this site. Solo led me back into the fold, and I've spread the love and dragged in people who had never bothered to listen to him before; now they're big fans.

Pop stardom thrives on hype and community as much as it does on talent. Morrissey refuses to tweet (for which I salute him) and has no facebook page (another salute). Anyone in the media will tell you that you're fairly crippled these days without a web presence.

Solo isn't the only reason that Morrissey is still around today, but it IS the nexus of his online fan community, and that is a big deal.

Completely agree - without this site it would be impossible to follow Morrissey - tour dates are publicised here well before tickets go on sale so that fans can get them the day they are released before they sell out. Usually a week or so later his management post adverts in the press - by this time it is too late.

This site isn't perfect - let's scrap anonymous posting, place some restrictions (time delay for moderation) for first time posters, scrap the pigsty (it only encourages anti social behaviour). But the sheer number of users and posters, the reach around the globe, and the mix of opinions, makes this place head and shoulders above other sites.

Dave

Only, from 1997 to 2003, he didn't...

Oh, he did... As we know he is lazy so he let the site do promo for him- I don't blame him its cheaper and he could just site around watching telly-BUT if this site wasn't here he would have found another way to let the world know what was going on.

Someone else on this thread said if it wasn't for this site they wouldn't be into Morrissey as much..Maybe they wouldn't but how do they know? Maybe they wouldn't BUT I think they would.
This site is only a messenger Morrissey IS the message..if people are interested they will find a way to find out more about the message. It just so happens we live in the cyber age so people are used to getting info this way. In the old days people would have bought mags and fanzines.

This site isn't perfect - let's scrap anonymous posting, place some restrictions (time delay for moderation) for first time posters, scrap the pigsty (it only encourages anti social behaviour). But the sheer number of users and posters, the reach around the globe, and the mix of opinions, makes this place head and shoulders above other sites.
Dave[/QUOTE]

I agree with this part, i wonder if people would have shared more info,rare things if the site hadn't become the monster it has. To be fair its only a few (and to be fair to them SOME of them seem mentally ill- there was someone who said they couldn't listen to Morrissey songs for a while simply because he/she was American and the song America Is Not The Word upset her as she thought Morrissey wouldn't like her- that isn't rational thinking is it?

Oh, he did... As we know he is lazy so he let the site do promo for him- I don't blame him its cheaper and he could just site around watching telly-BUT if this site wasn't here he would have found another way to let the world know what was going on.

Someone else on this thread said if it wasn't for this site they wouldn't be into Morrissey as much..Maybe they wouldn't but how do they know? Maybe they wouldn't BUT I think they would.
This site is only a messenger Morrissey IS the message..if people are interested they will find a way to find out more about the message. It just so happens we live in the cyber age so people are used to getting info this way. In the old days people would have bought mags and fanzines.

If that's what you want to think...go ahead.

I don't know what you're reading, but I never said I was devoted to Morrissey solo...and that seems to be what you based your whole reply on. So... :confused:

As I said before, you just don't get it...and I'm not going to spend all day on here explaining the same thing to you over and over only for it to go over your head...

If you're not devoted to Morrissey, the logical conclusion of why you spend every waking hour on this site would be that you are devoted to this site. True, it makes no sense, but that's your issue to contend with and nothing to do with me. Don't play dumb. It looks.....dumb.

You are very welcome, sir. :)
I'm glad I could offer something rare to the fans...

I was hoping to see some of the "fans" served rare BUT never mind.
Its actually a good gig. Now how about the DVD anyone?

The funny thing is this thread is one of the more mild ones for years... Normally people would be cursing and throwing cups by now. Maybe this is what this site needs...
In a funny way Moz is just saying how some of us felt for a few tears..This has been simmering away I think.
AS I say people shouldn't get so worked up he is attacking the site not every fan on here...

Some have already suggested ways the site could be improved...

If you're not devoted to Morrissey, the logical conclusion of why you spend every waking hour on this site would be that you are devoted to this site. True, it makes no sense, but that's your issue to contend with and nothing to do with me. Don't play dumb. It looks.....dumb.

Don't even attempt to f*** with me...

somebody laugh at my gif

baby-laugh.gif

Tags
cleanup david tseng fuck msolo reform t-shirt
Back
Top Bottom