Glastonbury - Glastonbury Festival 2011 (June 24, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Alma Matters / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Action Is My Middle Name / Satellite Of Love / Meat is Murder / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Irish Blood, English Heart / This Charming Man

Last edited:
The closing song was 'William It Was Really Nothing', add that to the setlist!

The last song televised was 'This Charming Man'. Great concert, started with 'I want the one I can't have' and was immediately reminiscent of his Glasgow concert during the so-called 'wilderness' years. Moz's voice for Glastonbury was on fine form. A great treat to get an hour of uninterrupted Morrissey on tv and made the witterings of Radcliffe at the start worth suffering through. I think Moz may have won himself some new fans after that concert. Really looking forward to Dublin in July after seeing this!
A.C.T.O.N.

Outrageously good performance tonight by Moz n' band in Avalon land; show-stealing *bewitched* :clap::clap::clap:

To the person who told us (Americans) about justin.tv......THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I enjoyed being able to watch Moz, but I really really enjoyed U2, anyway, THANK YOU AGAIN! ONE LOVE, everyone! We need to get back to that type of thinking, Morrissey could stand to write a song about everyone loving each other, being one, being together and so on...but.......perhaps...i don't know...anyway, great show...thoroughly enjoyed getting to see it, again, thanks.

That Guardian review is lazy, cliched bullshit. As I get older, I believe the old adage more and more that 'people who cannot write become journalists.'

The gig..brilliant coverage by BBC, firstly: sound was the best mix i've heard for a Moz gig. He was in fantastic voice and deserved a far bigger crowd than circumstances (rain, radiohead, bumford and sons) conspired to deliver. I don't think he's ever been a festival performer though. his music is too stylish, artistic and elegant for the hands in the air crowd of casual middle class festival gig goers in designer wellies.

Moz was rather self-deprecating, having said that, and he didn't need to be so...i think he can't stand it when he's not the top of the bill, which is perfect;y reasonable!
I can't fault any of the songs really, 'Action' sounded better live here than the Janice Long session. Meat is Murder is the best, most dynamic version i've heard. Matt Walker...brilliant drummer.

Struggling through the overblown shite that is U2 at the moment, watching Bono and his faux-Jesus posturing, thinking about Morrissey's more humble charms...

Much interest generated; access to server for Morrissey-solo.com has been 'too busy' for past 2 hours, thus people were queueing to, but couldn't, post.:thumb:
Seems 'The World Will Listen' after all. :guitar:

I have to say, the new songs sounded so much better than on the Janice Long Show. Maybe there is hope afterall!

Meat is Murder killed it. Was great til then. Uphill after.

How many more times....

Only headline.

Grey hair and rockabilly jeans and a gay shirt with 1800th influences here and there. Efficient and boring and like a karaoke bar sing along. Followed by U2 caught in their 90's Yugoslavia war tour was just weird to watch.
If this is what people pay for I should start selling things.

6 days ago watched Morrissey in a gym hall in Dunoon, Scotland, deliver more or less the same set. Great being able to compare the 2 shows, after watching on BBC4 tonight!

The Guardian review is lazy. Somehow I doubt that Moz, who has been a Lou Reed fan since his teens, included Satellite of Love merely to pre-empt U2 - he has, after all, sung it on all of the Scottish dates in his tour so far.

Meat is Murder was NEVER intended to be a crowd-pleaser, and if it makes certain pseudo-lefties uncomfortable, then it is performing the role it was initially intended to. It SHOULD be unsettling and challenging.

As for glowering, all I can say is that as a seasoned Moz-watcher, I actually thought that he was on pretty chirpy form tonight. He was warm, self-deprecating and charming.

And is Moz really heading back to Manc-fester tonight? Somehow, I think not...

Quite surprised at how good the two new songs were after all the slagging off on this site. Are Morrissey fans so set in their ways now that they will automatically slag off anything new?

I thought he looked a little ill, and could certainly do with losing a stone or two.

I enjoyed it, but regarding the Smiths tracks the Guardian reviewer was spot on about the band. They simply aren't up to that level of shimmering beauty so it becomes a bit of a plod. In their defence few are.

Shoplifters is a case in point, a dark and threatening slice of pure gold, full of ire and anger, but tonight something of a chicken in a basket ramble. I'll ask you a question and you tell me what you think. If you listen to the band now and on that awesome Malmo bootleg for example, is the current lineup better now or worse, more vibrant or less? Saying the band seemed pedestrian would be putting it a little kindly, while saying they looked bored would be putting it unkindly.

Radiohead turning up unannounced did him no favours, of course, as an exodus occurred apparently, leaving Moz to perform to an audience seemingly not much larger than BB King before.

The new stuff still sets alarm bells ringing. It worries me that those are the first tracks deemed most suitable for a public airing. I hope to God he's just keeping his powder dry.

Anyway, always nice to see the old devil perform.

You may now accuse me of being a troll, as is the current vogue, while I go back and sit under my bridge grinding bones to make my bread.

Morrissey appeared very ill-at-ease and was too pre-occupied with U2. Have to agree that the band don't have the subtlety to do the Smiths songs justice, the ROCK version of TCM was a prime example.

Yeah, slag it off all you all you want, there were indeed shit bits, but did someone download it off iplayer?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom