Glastonbury - Glastonbury Festival 2011 (June 24, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Alma Matters / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Action Is My Middle Name / Satellite Of Love / Meat is Murder / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Irish Blood, English Heart / This Charming Man

Last edited:
Jesse just has to GO. It's mind boggling that he's in this band. He knows nothing except power chords and one tone. He detracts from the songs instead of adding to them. Throw in the fact that he can't write music to save his life. This Jesse Tobias shite has to end. ENOUGH already.

"Played three new songs back to back. Mixed reviews, but then what do you expect from a bunch of cloth-eared social misfits on the internet? No, no, not you Boz...

Was struck by Jesse's pristine guitar work during 'This Charming Man' at Hawick Town Hall. Never before have I seen power cords strummed with such aplomb. My jaw fell open at Hawick, and it's going to take more than an A&E junior doctor to relocate it. How consummately I've polished that rough gem of a boy. From skinny Tex-Mex session player with Alanis Morrissette's live band and bit-part with Buffy the Vampire Slayer to the strapping indie pop guitar hero with big manly pecs you see before you today. The man's taking power cords on to a new level, IMHO. And it's not just my opinion either. Boz agrees with me. My drummer, too. And my bassist. You know, that medium-sized man with dark hair? Alain, you say? Alain who?"

Morrissey

I know that's a parody site but it's hard to comprehend exactly WHY Morrissey perseveres with that talentless no-hoper of a session musician. He can't play, he can't write - what do you think Morrissey sees in him that no other human being on the planet sees in him? Well, it can't be potential. The man's almost 40, which is pensionable in the music industry! If you can't write a song at 39, I can't imagine it's suddenly going to click at 45.

Morrissey looked and sounded good to me - the band sound great and he obviously trusts them so that's the main thing. This type of event is not his scene is it - his performances over the past week have been outstanding and intimate in smaller venues. Where would I rather be - in the rain surrounded by shallow people who can't make a decision on where to focus their attention for 10 minutes or in a small venue close to the man and surrounded by people who love and care about him from a distance? Tough choice eh. God Bless Morrissey x

Great to see that little girl dancing in the mud during "one day goodbye will be farewell" at least somebody gets it! one day she will be old, bitter cynical and boring but for now......

Jesse just has to GO. It's mind boggling that he's in this band. He knows nothing except power chords and one tone. He detracts from the songs instead of adding to them. Throw in the fact that he can't write music to save his life. This Jesse Tobias shite has to end. ENOUGH already.

Yeh but he's kind of cute though

I saw The Smiths as a four-piece in early 1986 when Andy Rourke's heroin addiction was its worst (i.e. when they were arguably at their weakest as a live act) and they were still more impressive and more exciting to watch than what we witnessed last night.

Your loyalty to Steven is a joke.

so did I, so did many, and you're wrong.

Great to see that little girl dancing in the mud during "one day goodbye will be farewell" at least somebody gets it! one day she will be old, bitter cynical and boring but for now......

That was great, was hoping the camera would go back to that but it didn't ...

Does Moz need an epipheny? To get healthier, fitter and look around for better players? Maybe get a girl in the band?

Does Moz need an epipheny? To get healthier, fitter and look around for better players? Maybe get a girl in the band?

What's an epipheny, is that the same as epiphany? It sounds religeous, why do you think he needs one?

What's an epipheny, is that the same as epiphany? It sounds religeous, why do you think he needs one?

I was wondering about the spelling when typing.
You might look at "religious" yourself.

An epiphany need not be religious or even spiritual - just a stark realisation that things ain't right in one's life - a lifting of the veil.
Thanks for asking.

I was wondering about the spelling when typing.
You might look at "religious" yourself.

An epiphany need not be religious or even spiritual - just a stark realisation that things ain't right in one's life - a lifting of the veil.
Thanks for asking.

I was also wondering about the spelling when typing because me+religion don't really go :)

Anyway, I know what you mean, a good way of looking at it. Why do you think things aren't right for him? It seems that he is being pulled into things that are not exactly in his comfort zone, or things that he has stood for. Maybe he is fine, maybe those who surround (I won't say advise!) him are not ?

Anyway who is to know except those who are close ? Interesting to think about though.

the whole gig is on youtube as I saw this afternoon

Morrissey and band was OK, really liked Alma Matters, throwing arms around Paris, action is my middle name,
well there were no songs who're now seen on Youtube I clicked away early. Favourite is, sadly he opens with it,
I want the one I can't have.

People who are not really satisfied must know, Morrissey is better indoors, but saw ,unlike the rain, and being
put on the bill before friday last band U2... a relaxed 52 healthy man, his voice was more than good, picked the right songs
for a shorter set than usual

Hope Morrissey got with this TV broadcasted gig, and lot of important people in the musicworld around, the coming week
make a deal that Morrissey can release a new studio album , and can sign a deal with a label

I should say I meant his professional life - he could be in better condition, he could have better players supporting him. 52 isn't old.

Morrissey looked and sounded good to me - the band sound great and he obviously trusts them so that's the main thing.

Morrissey "trusts" that shower of ham-fisted f***wits, so you'll just defer to his opinion. I don't know who I have less respect for - Morrissey or obsequious pricks like you

Where would I rather be - in the rain surrounded by shallow people who can't make a decision on where to focus their attention for 10 minutes or in a small venue close to the man and surrounded by people who love and care about him from a distance

"Shallow people"? Who the f*** are you? Yoda? Being a fan of Morrissey isn't a sign of intelligence; if anything, in 2011, it suggests a complete lack of independent thought.

I'm still laughing into my Latte over the Morrisseysworld.blogspot review of the Glastonbury peformance. Had no idea Mozza was a Chicharito fan, but it makes sense.

Well he's a vegetarian after all. That cute young man probably only listens to the Black Eyed Peas though.
" ;-) " ? dear oh dear. It looks serious.
Yes, I've seen he has a "bimbo" t.shirt...Oh well. At least, he doesn't look violent...

Morrissey "trusts" that shower of ham-fisted f***wits, so you'll just defer to his opinion. I don't know who I have less respect for - Morrissey or obsequious pricks like you

"Shallow people"? Who the f*** are you? Yoda? Being a fan of Morrissey isn't a sign of intelligence; if anything, in 2011, it suggests a complete lack of independent thought.

hahahaha, tetchy

Maybe get a girl in the band?

A girl? Do you mean a woman? If he went with child labour, though, it could cut his costs and we know how Steven hates to be parted with his millions, so I see where you're coming from. I still don't think his current band are shit because they're men. That's kinda ridiculous.

A girl? Do you mean a woman? If he went with child labour, though, it could cut his costs and we know how Steven hates to be parted with his millions, so I see where you're coming from. I still don't think his current band are shit because they're men. That's kinda ridiculous.

Why not open up membership of the 'gang' to 50% of the population?
Greatly increases the talent pool.
It would change the dynamic, why not?
Why wouldn't he write with a woman for goodness sake?
Why is this ridiculous -are you scared of women?

Nice to see Moz on telly. He was fabulous, although his voice seemed not as good as it normally is and he looked a bit drunk. Looks like he needed some Dutch courage!

Dear Mr. Johnny Barleycorn,

First of it all -- don’t EVER say that Morrissey needs to lose a stone or two. You do. I do not and I repeat I do not allow libel when it comes down to my baby.
And the bigger problem I have with your libel is that if, and IF being the operative word, my baby was gaining any weight or appearing pudgy, then I would love him just the same. It makes no difference to me if Morrissey appears to have any weight gain. You are being so superficial Johnny Barleycorn, it is despicable.

How could you?

Morrissey had to deal with and cope with U2, and now I am informed that Radiohead got out of bed, etc. Johnny, Radio should have stayed in their pajamas and you should just be eating bread and butter. And no more baby mama drama. You know what I’m saying. So stop being mean.
And stop being a drama queen. I think you should resume being who you set out to be. I recall your comments on the other stories vividly. Action Is My Middle Name happens to be the most beautiful, perfect, impeccable song that Morrissey has EVER written and sang since YOR including and not limited to the cover.

Kate

P.S. It concerns me though that you say Morrissey looks ill. That takes precedence over anything so I am now going to have a look at the videos. I shall, I must, I will. Because I want Morrissey to have health, happiness, and wealth (in that order).

Broadmoor?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom