Glastonbury - Glastonbury Festival 2011 (June 24, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Alma Matters / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Action Is My Middle Name / Satellite Of Love / Meat is Murder / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Irish Blood, English Heart / This Charming Man

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Johnny Barleycorn,

First of it all -- don’t EVER say that Morrissey needs to lose a stone or two. You do. I do not and I repeat I do not allow libel when it comes down to my baby.
And the bigger problem I have with your libel is that if, and IF being the operative word, my baby was gaining any weight or appearing pudgy, then I would love him just the same. It makes no difference to me if Morrissey appears to have any weight gain. You are being so superficial Johnny Barleycorn, it is despicable.

How could you?

Morrissey had to deal with and cope with U2, and now I am informed that Radiohead got out of bed, etc. Johnny, Radio should have stayed in their pajamas and you should just be eating bread and butter. And no more baby mama drama. You know what I’m saying. So stop being mean.
And stop being a drama queen. I think you should resume being who you set out to be. I recall your comments on the other stories vividly. Action Is My Middle Name happens to be the most beautiful, perfect, impeccable song that Morrissey has EVER written and sang since YOR including and not limited to the cover.

Kate

P.S. It concerns me though that you say Morrissey looks ill. That takes precedence over anything so I am now going to have a look at the videos. I shall, I must, I will. Because I want Morrissey to have health, happiness, and wealth (in that order).

Dear Kate,Bless You! Couldn't agree more.

Oh God.

I wasn't saying that he shouldn't employ women. He should employ people based on their talent, not their gender. The idea that he should get anyone involved because of what they've got between their legs is f***ing ridiculous and I can't believe I've had to explain that to you.

His band and their songs are shit now and he needs to ditch them or retire. (Truth be told, I believe it's too late for him to redeem himself now, critically or commercially. I'd love him to prove me wrong, but I can't see it happening.) By all means, though, he should work with anybody, female or male, if they're up to the job of providing good material. The people he has around him can't do either and he's making himself a laughing stock now.

are you basing this on the Glastonbury performance or his tour over the past few weeks ? He has been outstanding - having seen The Smiths in the 80's I really did not want to go and see him this time round but did, so glad I did he was sensational

are you basing this on the Glastonbury performance or his tour over the past few weeks ? He has been outstanding - having seen The Smiths in the 80's I really did not want to go and see him this time round but did, so glad I did he was sensational

I'm basing it on what he/they have done since 2004. I saw The Smiths too and I've seen him on all of his post-Smiths tours of the UK. What he does now is so predictable and boring that I didn't even want a ticket to see him this time around and - having heard the Janice Long session, seen Youtube footage of the recent gigs, and having watched the Glastonbury coverage - I'm glad I didn't part with my money.

I've been reading the comments here, and some of them are fair enough.

I saw the Smiths in 86 and drew a line under it, got into all the new stuff, acieeeed etc. This is the first time I've seen Morrissey in 25 years. I was amazed at how good he was.

For my money, Morrissey falls into the same bracket as Bowie, Lou reed, Dylan etc., so it's unfair to expect something like the Libertines live. Yes, the Smiths songs are covers. Some work better than others but this charming man is terrible - however I suspect he style is deliberate rather than inept.

Have you heard Dylan playing his old stuff these days???? Time moves on and unless you are going to Be U2 (BLERRRRCH) or the Rolling Stones, the past IS the past.

I saw a solo gig by the frontman of the single most important band of my lifetime. 25 years after they split. Believe me, bearing that in mind he was brilliant.

PS f*** Glastonbury. Coked up Tories backstage and U2 tax protests halted, my oh my. Vive la revolution.

....and just to clarify, I watched it on the telly, but was at Dunfermline.

It's very frustrating to know that Morrissey can be so much more than he is, if Jesse left the band. It is truly time to move past Tobias and onto someone else. He's had his chance and it hasn't worked. Move on Moz.

Jesse isn't going anywhere, so there's no point in even going on about it.

Jesse isn't going anywhere, so there's no point in even going on about it.

Given how Morrissey introduced him at Glastonbury and the smile on his face, I find this also blindingly obvious. Why should he let go of him if he is so happy that he is around.

Given how Morrissey introduced him at Glastonbury and the smile on his face, I find this also blindingly obvious. Why should he let go of him if he is so happy that he is around.

Because he is shit at the composition of songs.

Some of you are tone deaf....
And playing by numbers? God. Ive never heard such rubbish. Boz boorer is novacaine for the soul - one of the worlds great guitarists. Only
Lou Reed is better.

Im glad that you stay true to you, as they say...

The only place the band are going is to manningham mills, to stoke.....

Hazard

I was there for it,managed to see 4 songs of the coral,and cut them short to see all of moz,it was grim and raining,perfect setting for moz's gig really!,he was too negative and harsh on himself about u2 and the crowd,we all booed u2 when he mentioned them,where i was near the front i was going for it,bouncing,singing to every word of every song.I was happy with the setlist,good good performance,i could have seen him for another hour or so easy.

the solo stuff worked better with the band,they seemed to not want to do the smiths songs as much effort and justice,and they were sang slower,but still moz's voice is so good and the songs so legendary that i loved it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom