Glastonbury - Glastonbury Festival 2011 (June 24, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Alma Matters / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Action Is My Middle Name / Satellite Of Love / Meat is Murder / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Irish Blood, English Heart / This Charming Man

Last edited:
After watching the show on You Tube I would suggest Boz and Moz head to weight watchers and take advantage of the Sarah Ferguson special. Meat is Murder but junk food could prove to be deadly!

Morrissey sounded great. Thanks to Youtube I got to see the entire Glastonbury set from my laptop here in MozAngeles, USA. His voice sounded great. He's still got it. F**k all the moaners!

I love the new song "Action is my middle Name" though if this is true, I do agree he could have looked like he was enjoying himself a bit more during some of the songs , but I know he feeds off the crowd and this is always the problem with him performing at festivals.IMHO from watching the Videoclips---things start off great but audience loses attention at Alma. When I saw the setlists for his recent shows I wonder why he chooses to play this song right before the new songs, it seems to kill the mood, even at his own shows. But despite what others are saying I think he turned it around at the end and closed the set well with This Charming Man.( Even if the Smiths were still together, I doubt they'd be playing it the same way they did back in "1926"!)

Was a little worried when i heard the Janice Long sessions,Liked "Action" right from the start, but the other 2 new songs are sounding better to me the more I hear them.
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON HERE IN THE LA, MORRISSEY! (I hope)
k

I thought he looked a little ill, and could certainly do with losing a stone or two.

I enjoyed it, but regarding the Smiths tracks the Guardian reviewer was spot on about the band. They simply aren't up to that level of shimmering beauty so it becomes a bit of a plod. In their defence few are.

Shoplifters is a case in point, a dark and threatening slice of pure gold, full of ire and anger, but tonight something of a chicken in a basket ramble. I'll ask you a question and you tell me what you think. If you listen to the band now and on that awesome Malmo bootleg for example, is the current lineup better now or worse, more vibrant or less? Saying the band seemed pedestrian would be putting it a little kindly, while saying they looked bored would be putting it unkindly.

Radiohead turning up unannounced did him no favours, of course, as an exodus occurred apparently, leaving Moz to perform to an audience seemingly not much larger than BB King before.

The new stuff still sets alarm bells ringing. It worries me that those are the first tracks deemed most suitable for a public airing. I hope to God he's just keeping his powder dry.

Anyway, always nice to see the old devil perform.

You may now accuse me of being a troll, as is the current vogue, while I go back and sit under my bridge grinding bones to make my bread.

Dear Johnny Barleycorn

I just watched the videos of the gig you got to go to, you lucky bastard. And regarding what you said, pertaining to Morrissey appearing “ill” … I think that maybe he isn’t feeling so good tonight maybe. Actually, I think that Morrissey is truley, and literally exhausted. Yes, Morrissey is exhausted. I think that Morrissey needs to stay in and rest in his bed in his hotel and isn’t he going to Man-fest-er.
Rumor has it he is going to Man-fest-er. Rumor has it that he is probably going to be in Man-fest-er tomorrow my time, today your time. So I would advise that Morrissey stay in his bed in his hotel or wherever he is sleeping in Man-fest-er. I think that he’ll be fine if he drinks a lot of tea and I think that he needs to start eating a lot more as it appears to me he is losing too much weight. This concerns me because I want him to get some much needed R & R. he is blatantly working Waaaaay too hard as of late.

I think that the videos were the most perfect and amazing videos I have seen of Morrissey EVER.

He looks better and more handsome than ever other than he needs to eat.

I Mmmmmmmm all over the place.
Yes, I do.
I can, I must, I will, I do.
I’m still in love with Morrissey's hands on the tambourine too
Not just his hands, no man.
And where he put his hands on his pants. Mmmmm
Kate

P.S. The video of Action Is My Middle Name is extraordinary. There are no words to describe how much I am in love with Action. Morrissey’s performance tonight of Action exceeds YOR, and I thought that Morrissey could never top YOR. However, I was wrong. Because Action is the best song I have ever heard in my entire life. I am also starting to like People Are The Same Everywhere a lot more as of tonight. So you are wrong Johnny regarding what you said about the new songs. I am sorry but that’s just the way it goes.

I thought he looked a little ill, and could certainly do with losing a stone or two.

I enjoyed it, but regarding the Smiths tracks the Guardian reviewer was spot on about the band. They simply aren't up to that level of shimmering beauty so it becomes a bit of a plod. In their defence few are.

Shoplifters is a case in point, a dark and threatening slice of pure gold, full of ire and anger, but tonight something of a chicken in a basket ramble. I'll ask you a question and you tell me what you think. If you listen to the band now and on that awesome Malmo bootleg for example, is the current lineup better now or worse, more vibrant or less? Saying the band seemed pedestrian would be putting it a little kindly, while saying they looked bored would be putting it unkindly.

Radiohead turning up unannounced did him no favours, of course, as an exodus occurred apparently, leaving Moz to perform to an audience seemingly not much larger than BB King before.

The new stuff still sets alarm bells ringing. It worries me that those are the first tracks deemed most suitable for a public airing. I hope to God he's just keeping his powder dry.

Anyway, always nice to see the old devil perform.

You may now accuse me of being a troll, as is the current vogue, while I go back and sit under my bridge grinding bones to make my bread.

I meant that Morrissey should drink ice tea. The person that is here with me right now implied that Morrissey was going to Man-fest-er and then he might manifest physical symptoms because of all the stress he has to endure because of all the work he is doing lately. Hence he needs to relax before performing. This is essential and they let me believe because I was drinking some things, they made me believe that Morrissey was going to truly be in Man-fest-er which I now found out he isn’t. So I would just like to clarify that Morrissey should just lay in his bed wherever he is (as I have no idea where the hell he is right now), but then this wretched evil thing led me to believe things that aren’t real.

So Morrissey should just rest up today and drink some ice tea with green tea in it.

I hope that Morrissey feels better within the next few hours, preferably immediately essentially if possible.

Kate

Moz was awesome under the circumstance. 75% of the eejits in the crowd were there too see that pile of s***e U2, cheesy, predictable and awful !

Morrissey is 52 and playing with a backing band of professional session musicians. Yet people think he will be able to replicate his slimmer, younger self playing with all the swagger he had in the mid-eighties. He is older and has the extra pounds and wrinkles and grey hair that comes with age. You are not going to get him wriggling his backside to the crowd during the instrumental from Shoplifters like he did in 1987 (see YouTube for a Top of the Pops performance). Sure some songs come across as too "jammed" - especially This Charming Man - but in the main I fail to see how he could do anything differently. He puts on a professional, stage managed show in order to give people who have paid a lot of money some entertainment and it would appear to be working otherwise the shows would not be sold out and tickets would not be trading at a premium second hand. The Smiths numbers are there for nostalgia for those who know them from the first time round or are being played to people who were not even born when they first came out. Some people - like Mike Joyce - say they are tehnically cover versions but then the world has always been full of crashing bores.

I meant that Morrissey should drink ice tea. The person that is here with me right now implied that Morrissey was going to Man-fest-er and then he might manifest physical symptoms because of all the stress he has to endure because of all the work he is doing lately. Hence he needs to relax before performing. This is essential and they let me believe because I was drinking some things, they made me believe that Morrissey was going to truly be in Man-fest-er which I now found out he isn’t. So I would just like to clarify that Morrissey should just lay in his bed wherever he is (as I have no idea where the hell he is right now), but then this wretched evil thing led me to believe things that aren’t real.

So Morrissey should just rest up today and drink some ice tea with green tea in it.

I hope that Morrissey feels better within the next few hours, preferably immediately essentially if possible.

Kate

i forgot something... cause the thing typing my other three messages wrote wrong feelings... This all three four of my comments appear incoherent. I said like 99 percent of them but then
i wasn't the one i am not the one who sat here and pressed them. This one I am.

So I Love Morrissey and I Always will.

I LOVE Morrissey
Kate

'as i live and breath , you have killed me' - moz at glasto - excellent . bring on the boro gig .

Concert made a lovely end to my day -Take an anti depressant, lie in bed and watch Morrissey live from the BBC - Great stereo sound from my computer - technology is a wonderful thing.
Yes the large outdoor stadium does not suit our man's unique talent and yes he's has put on weight (again) and took tired and I wonder how long the voice will last on this tour- but it was the best Morrissey could do under his present circumstances - unlike today's pop/rock megastars he's not all about surface and no depth - As for U2 I didn't even bother to watch - I know who will be an eternal icon and it won't be Bono. Yes the band sometimes are as subtle as a 10 ton trunk and yes, based on the new stuff, he could do with a new collaborator or swallow some pride and revive the M&M partnership.
- But I don't care, I enjoyed ever minute of it. Good set list + liked the backdrop and the quips about George Alligator and that twit Cameron. - The pleasure and privilege was mine and its probably the nearest I'll get to a live concert this year.

Morrissey is 52 and playing with a backing band of professional session musicians. Yet people think he will be able to replicate his slimmer, younger self playing with all the swagger he had in the mid-eighties. He is older and has the extra pounds and wrinkles and grey hair that comes with age. You are not going to get him wriggling his backside to the crowd during the instrumental from Shoplifters like he did in 1987 (see YouTube for a Top of the Pops performance). Sure some songs come across as too "jammed" - especially This Charming Man - but in the main I fail to see how he could do anything differently. He puts on a professional, stage managed show in order to give people who have paid a lot of money some entertainment and it would appear to be working otherwise the shows would not be sold out and tickets would not be trading at a premium second hand. The Smiths numbers are there for nostalgia for those who know them from the first time round or are being played to people who were not even born when they first came out. Some people - like Mike Joyce - say they are tehnically cover versions but then the world has always been full of crashing bores.

i agree, good quote

Morrissey was brilliant last night at Glastonbury. Amazing voice, two lovely shirts, and HIS NEW HAIRSTYLE is beautiful! Has he had this new hairstyle all tour or was it new for Glastonbury?

Meat Is Murder was amazing!
Every Day Is Like Sunday was brilliant, these two songs were changed a bit, mmmmm!

This Charming Man to finish with, and it did finish too, just a quick Thank you Bye and turned and went. I must say Morrissey was a little serious really, but HIS NEW HAIRSTYLE made up for it.

And yes David Cameron is a twit, i agree.

Morrissey I Love You, see you in Plymouth! XXXX. DJC.

i forgot something... cause the thing typing my other three messages wrote wrong feelings... This all three four of my comments appear incoherent. I said like 99 percent of them but then
i wasn't the one i am not the one who sat here and pressed them. This one I am.

So I Love Morrissey and I Always will.

I LOVE Morrissey
Kate

Kate

Is heard that your secretly dating Mike Joyce.

What would Morrissey think of you know.

I personally didn't give a damn about the audience (although they looked as if they were singing along, to me). I was simply entranced by the performance. People are so hung up about body size. I honestly thought Moz fans wouldn't be quite so shallow and realise that there is more to life than being thin. :confused:
As for the Smiths songs, we shouldn't really be expecting carbon copies of the original records. They are doing interesting things with them and I thought Meat Is Murder was especially powerful.

To the person who told us (Americans) about justin.tv......THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I enjoyed being able to watch Moz, but I really really enjoyed U2, anyway, THANK YOU AGAIN! ONE LOVE, everyone! We need to get back to that type of thinking, Morrissey could stand to write a song about everyone loving each other, being one, being together and so on...but.......perhaps...i don't know...anyway, great show...thoroughly enjoyed getting to see it, again, thanks.

You are welcome :) - that channel should be running all the Glasto weekend shows too. Coldplay headline tonight. Don't know if thats a good or bad thing !! lol

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom